Travelling

Travelling

 

So when I stood in front of you.
I, who has waited what feels like an eternity, for you.
Why? My rational mind screams at me,Why?
Why did you wait for him?
My foolish heart answers, because you love him.
And that is the worst part my darling, I do love you. Even after everything we have put each other through I still love you.
So when I stood in front of you, in a crowded bar, in the town where I had waited for you a second time, attempting to give us a second chance. 
I saw your eyes slip over me. Not a hint of recognition showed in your face.
Was I so unrecognisable? Had I changed that much?
Or was it simply that now we were both just chasing memories of what we used to be?
That fleeting glimpse of happiness that we had was now gone forever. I realised that it now might be too late for us.
We had both seen too much of this world to be the same people we once were.
Maybe we would be happier chasing memories. There was no guarantee that if we got back together, we'd be as happy as we once were.
Your eyes slid over me again as if I wasn't there at all.
Despair was slowly ebbing away the hope that was on your face.
You leaned over the bar to talk to the barmaid and I knew what you were asking, are you sure? Are you certain?
I'm here,my heart was screaming out. I'm right over here. Recognise me.
But my sensible mind took over.
I stood, and I walked out of that pub.
I couldn't stand there and watch you plead with the barmaid,trying to find me. Still.
You deserved better than me. I wasn't the same person anymore, I was a broken empty shell of who I used to be.
I used to think that us finding each other again would solve everything. We'd get back together and live happily ever after. But that isn't the reality that we were facing. Disillusionment would cloud every second that we were together again. 
We'd never be the same.
I went back to my little house and I packed my bags.
I knew it wouldn't be long until someone told you where I lived.
So I wrote a letter to you and left it on the table. I left my key in the door, then I took a single packed bag, and this time...
I left you.
 

Umm, Ok. Wow people actually read this. Thankyou to all those that do read this story. It means a lot.

I am my own worst critic and I hold the opinion that I can't write anything good but I see that some people have actually read this story and I have wonderful subscribers!!! Thankyou!! ^^ You are wonderful!!!

A special thanks to whisperofthelucifer!!!! Without their encouragement this story would have never even been posted. (It also would never be updated without their nagging!!!) I love you!!!!