Chapter 8

Crazy Nights

I entered my apartment after Doojoon left. I felt a certain untamed happiness. I couldn't wait to tell Taka about this. Although I had to wait until the morning, it was late and Taka was probably sleeping already. I was way too excited to even shut my eyes.

The next day at work was really hectic. I was busy on the phone when my boss walked to my desk. 'Uh oh, I think I'm in trouble.'

"Yeah I'll make a note of that, thanks." I hung up and directed my attention to Mrs. Park.

"How was the event Chloé? Fabulous I hope."

"Yeah, it was great."

"Dongwoon called my office, there's a cocktail party at his brother-in-law's restaurant on Thursday night. You'll get paid by the hour. He wants you to be there. Don't turn it down, this could be good for business. Don't forget to dress up, there'll be paparazzi." Without saying anything else, she quickly left for her office. 'Why does he want me to be there?' I was interrupted by my office phone ringing, probably the 100th time so far today.

"Roullette Magazine Chloé speaking, how can I help?"

"How are you today?" A smile appeared on my face just by hearing Doojoon's voice.

"I'm okay, really busy at work. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better than ever."

"You're such a snob sometimes you know?"

"Mmm I can be sometimes, I hope you're not busy tonight. I'm cooking dinner for us."

"You cooking? Wow that's a first. Now I'm really impressed Mr. Doojoon."

"What can I say? I have that effect on people, should I pick you up or will you take a cab?"

"Don't worry, I'll take a cab. Okay I really have to go, I have someone on the other line. I'll see you at 8." After hanging up with Doojoon, I couldn't wait to leave work. I was really excited to see him and there would definitely be no interruptions this time.

 

 

 

 

"Come in, my place is a bit messy but don't mind it." Doojoon opened a chair for me at the dining room and poured me a glass of wine.

"Thank you for cooking us dinner tonight, that was extremely brave of you."

"FYI, I'm not that bad of a chef. I cooked us an Italian inspired meal. Well its not a complete meal, its just pasta." After dinner, I helped him clean up the kitchen and the rest of his house since it was a complete disaster.

"Do you want some dessert? I have ice cream and brownies."

"I'll take the ice cream." "Which flavour?"

"Chocolate." He joined me on the sofa with his brownies and handed me my ice cream.

"I really like you." He said.

"I really like you a lot too, although you didn't say a lot." I felt like a high school girl, giggling when a guy confessed his feelings towards her.

"I was thinking it..." We sat on his couch and just talked for hours until I could feel my eyes feeling extremely heavy. I must have fell asleep on the couch because when I woke up that morning, I found myself in Doojoon's bed. His side was neat and made up. I went downstairs and found Doojoon sleeping on the couch. My heart melted to see him sleep, he looked like an angel. I didn't have much time to admire the view because I had to get to my apartment and get ready for work.