Chapter 24

Crazy Nights

 

**DOOJOON's POV**
 
With Gikwang and Taka's wedding only a day away, I've began to have a lot of feelings about what's going to happen when I see Chloé again. I was nervous, excited and scared. What do I tell her? Do I even speak to her? There were a million things I could tell her, I desperately wanted to tell her how much I love her. 
 
"Bro, have you checked your mail lately? You have so many in the mailbox." Gikwang yelled from downstairs.
 
"Please remind me why do you have a set of keys to come in here? And no, I always forget when the mail man comes." 
 
"Well you have tons of mail, you might wanna read them."
 
"How are you feeling? Nervous yet?" Throwing myself on the couch next to Gikwang.
 
"I'm actually really nervous, I'm getting married bro! I can't believe it. I always thought that you'd get married first between the two of us."
 
I let out a laugh just because I thought so too.
"Yeah me too." 
 
"I just came to drop off your clothes for tonight. By the way, are you okay with seeing Chloé again? Like how are you feeling about it?"
 
"I don't know, I'm having mixed emotions about. But don't worry about me, you need to get ready. I'll see you tonight."
 
"Okay, I'll see you tonight at the church. And don't be late!" Gikwang getting up and leaving.
 
After Gikwang left, I stared at the bunch of letters that he brought in. He was right, it was a whole lot of mail. I grabbed them and started looking at them. 
 
"Bills, bills, bills, bills more bills." I mumbled to myself. 
One letter caught my attention. It was from Min-hee. My hands were shaking while opening it.
 
'Dearest Doojoon.
 
The reason for this letter is because I want to tell you that I won't be returning to Korea anytime soon. There was an agency in LA that really liked me and they decided they want me to become a part of their agency. 
 
I want to apologize for pain and heartache that I've caused you. I've used you for material things and being in LA and working on my own and becoming independent, I've realized that I don't need you anymore. 
 
I hope to visit you soon, sincerely yours. Min-hee 
xoxo'
 
 
 
'Does this mean she'll leave me alone for good? Or is this one of her schemes?' Whether this was a joke or not, I felt as though I could breath again. I felt free.
 
I didn't have that much time to dwell on the letter since I had to get ready for the rehersals...
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
**CHLOÉ's POV**
 
 
After the rehearsals, we all left for the hotel where the wedding reception would be held. Everyone who was at the rehearsals were going to stay at the hotel for the next two nights. Taka thought it would be easier that way. 
 
"So this is your last night as an unmarried woman, have anything in mind?" I asked Taka, I could tell she was nervous and out of her element.
 
"Nah, I think I just want to go to bed and let it all sink in. I'm just so happy you know? And I can't wait for tomorrow, its like there's butterflies in my stomach and I'm sooo aaahhh I can't even find the right words."
 
"I guess I'll know when I get married." To my surprise, I was actually happy for once. I was happy for my friend. Yes I thought this would be me but I've accepted it and I'm proud to say that I was happy for both Taka and Gikwang.
 
"How did it feel seeing Doojoon?"
 
"It was alright, we spoke a little. It felt good just to be near him again."
 
"Are you going to be okay living on your own? I feel bad for leaving you." Taka decided to give her apartment to me, since she and Gikwang bought their own apartment together. I was sad because I didn't want to be alone but I didn't want to admit that to her.
 
"Don't worry, I'll be fine."
 
We went to sleep a little bit later than expected, the nerves and anticipation for the next day was overwhelming.