Chapter 11

Crazy Nights

--------------**CHLOÉ's POV**---------------
Sunday came around sooner than I expected. I wasn't nervous but I wasn't okay about it either.

"Babe, you need to fetch the cake while I get ready." I stood in our closet deciding what to wear when Doojoon came out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel.
He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me from behind. 

"Seriously, we have to hurry up."
"Why are you so tense today? Don't worry, my parents aren't going to be mean or anything. Just be yourself."
"I have to be tense, you have no idea how hard it is to impress mothers."
"Just relax okay? Everything will be fine. You have to shower though, when I get back we have to leave."
 

I felt a little more relaxed with Doojoon on my side. I decided to call Taka after Doojoon left, even though I tell him everything, I still needed to speak to my best friend.

"Hey T, how's it going?"

"Its going good. Feeling okay today?"
"Not really, I'm just so freaked out. You know how meeting the family is. I kind of have to show them that I'm perfect and good enough to be with their son."

"I know sweety but just be yourself okay? And just relax, everything will be fine."

"That's what he said but I'm still stressed out. The only time I will feel at peace is when I know for a fact that his family accepts me."

"I get what you mean, but don't try to be something you're not okay? Honey, I gotta go, Gikwang and I are going out. I call you tonight okay? I love you, and have fun okay?"

"Okay, you have fun as well."
Since Gikwang and Taka started dating, I hardly see Taka. Apart from the occasional double dates but Taka was right, I needed to relax myself. I'm probably stressing out for nothing.
After showering, I went back into the closet to find something to wear since Doojoon distracted me the last time. I picked out a beautiful white summer dress, I loved summertime. I felt freedom to wear whatever in Summer. In Winter however, you had to wear something to keep you warm and wearing Winter clothes makes me feel extremely tied down. The dress came up to my knees which I was a bit concerned about because I wasn't sure how conservative were Doojoon's parents.

"Chlo??!! Are you done??" Doojoon yelled from downstairs.
"Almost! Just hair and make up now."
I heard his footsteps coming up the staircase. Everytime I see him, its like butterflies appear in my stomach. 

"Are you seriously still going to curl your hair?"

"Yeah, I wanna look presentable. I am meeting your family today so I want them to like me and I definitely do not want them to think of me as a horrifying gorilla."

"Okay but please hurry up babe. Should I get your bag? Shoes? What else needs to be done?"

"Uhm my bag is on the floor and please get my black flat sandals and also my black wedges."

"Chlo, why on earth do you need two pairs of shoes?"

"Well so that when my feet hurt I can change into my flats, duh loverboy."

I tried my best to hurry up, seeing how irritable Doojoon was becoming. We left the house on time fortunately.
__________________________________________________
When we arrived at Doojoon's parents' house, I could feel my stomach turn and twist into knots. I felt as though I could throw up.

"Appa, I want you to meet Chloé." Doojoon holding onto my waist made me feel more comfortable. It showed me that he was supporting me no matter what.

"Nice to meet you." I said with a soft smile.
"Mmmm nice to meet you too dear! Very beautiful indeed! Son, she's a keeper eh?"

Feeling much better about the entire situation. I met the rest of the immediate family, and most of them were very welcoming and then as always, you get a few of them that weren't very friendly but that didn't matter. I helped set up for the surprise and my nerves started building up again. I was scared to death about meeting his mom.

"Okay everybody, she's here!! Hide and when the door opens, we yell 'SURPRISE' okay?" Doojoon's dad told us.
We all nodded and found a spot to hide. Once the door opened, we all came out from where we were hiding and yelled "SURPRISE!!!!!"

Doojoon waited a while for his mom to settle down and then introduced me.

"Umma, I want you to meet someone. This is Chloé."
"Nice to meet you Chloé." She looked at me up and down as if I were not welcome at all. I felt very uncomfortable at her gaze.
"Nice to meet you too." I managed to say with a smile.

The rest of the day was just lunch, cake and people interacting. Doojoon's aunt and I developed a friendship. She was definitely someone I could talk to and she was very down to earth.

"Chlo?"
"Mmm?" Doojoon came to sit inbetween his aunt and I.
"You feeling okay?" He placed his arm around my shoulders.
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"Okay, call me if you need me?" He kissed my forhead lightly and left once again.

"So how long have you two been dating?" His aunt asked.
"8 months."
"You must have done something right I haven't seen him this happy."
I just smiled at her comment, it made me flutter inside to know that I've made him this happy.

__________________________________________________
"Had fun?" Doojoon asked me that night.
"Yeah, I can tell that your mom doesn't like me." I climbed into bed and into his warm embrace.
"She just needs to get used to you that's all, give her some time. Mothers will be mothers."
"You're probably right."
"Don't beat yourself up about it okay? I'll love you no matter what baby girl."
This is the first time he said he loved me, my heart skipped a beat just hearing those words.
"I love you too Joonie."
I fell asleep in his arms, just like every other night. I felt protected and safe in his arms. Something I've never felt before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________***Thank you to everyone has read the story!!***____________