Angel

Angel In Disguise

Gikwang opened his eyes. He turned around lazily just to see ruffled blond strands right next to him. Gikwang widened his eyes in shock and sat up immediately. Why was there a stranger in his room? Gikwang began to panic. What happened yesterday? He wasn’t drunk because he didn’t drink. Then as he looked closer, he realized that the person cowering next to his bed was Youngjae. He didn’t recognized him at first because his long blond hair hid his face. Only now he noticed that Youngjaes head was lying on their hands which were entwined. Just then he remembered what actually happenend. Youngjae saved him from some gangsters and somehow, he ended up crying in his arms. He didn’t even know what's gotten into him and now he felt embarrassed. He didn’t remember what happened after that, but Youngjae must be the one who brought him home.

“YAH! Don’t you dare to touch him ever again!” A smile began to grow on his face as Gikwang remembered how furious Youngjae was. He must really worry about him when he even stayed beside his bed in that uncomfortable position. Now when he thought about it, could it be that Gikwang was the one who grabbed Youngjaes hand so that he couldn’t move anymore? That would explain his weird position next to his bed. Gikwang started to blush. How embarrassing.

Gikwang wiped some of Youngjaes strands out of his face. He really became a very good friend and he really appreciated it that Youngjae cared so much about him.

“Thank you, Jae…” Gikwang whispered with a light smile on his face, while he caressed his hair.

He watched Youngjaes sleeping face. The more he looked at this sleeping cute face the more he reminded him of Yoseob. “Just think of his long blond hair as shorter dark brown hair and a slimmer figure et voilà! … WTH..?! Gikwang! What the hell are you thinking?!” Gikwang shook is head to get this thought out of his head. “See? Replacement!”  Doojoons voice echoed in his head.

“No! That’s not true!” Gikwang shouted and laid his free hand on his head.

“What’s not true?” a voice sounded from below. Gikwang widened his eyes and looked down to see Youngjae looking up to him with a worried expression on his face.

“What? Ah- A-ani, I just had a bad dream! Don’t worry.” He smiled at him nervous. Youngjae frowned.

But then Youngjae gave him an angelic smile. “Okay~! How do you feel today?”

At this moment Gikwang saw Yoseob. With the exact same smile and saying the exact same words. He closed his eyes and shook his head. “NO, stop it! Stop, looking like Yoseob! He’s not a replacement! Youngjae is NOT Yoseob!!” He thought desperately. As he opened them again he saw Youngjae blinking at him confused. “Ah, yes, I’m okay! Sorry, but…. You should go!”

“Huh? W-wae? D-did I do something wrong?” Youngjae said with sad puppy eyes. Gikwang couldn’t stand it! EVERY expression from Jae screamed “Yoseob, Yoseob, Yoseob!”.

“Stop it!” Gikwang accidentally screamed at Youngjae. Youngjaes face became even sadder, no, he looked even hurt and let go of his hand. Gikwang widened his eyes at what he had done. First Doojoon and now Youngjae! Why was he like this?

“No no no no, Jae! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean that! Please don’t look at me like this!” Gikwang laid his hands on Youngjaes shoulders. “Believe me you did nothing wrong! I don’t know what’s wrong with me! Thank you so much for being there for me and taking care of me. I really appreciate that! But I’m so confused right now, I don’t know what to do… So please leave me alone for a little while… okay? I’m sorry…” Gikwang said desperate and his features saddened.

Youngjae blinked again but then he smiled softly at him. Yoseob. “Okay.” He stood up. “Don’t worry about me. Just take your time and take a rest. Yesterday was hard for you. I don’t want you to be sad…” Youngjae laid his hands gently on the sides of Gikwangs head and gave him a kiss on the top of his head. “Just promise me one thing… Don’t do something stupid or I’ll come back! Understand?” Youngjae grinned and left Gikwangs apartment.

Gikwangs face was red like a tomato because of the kiss.

Why had Gikwang the thought of Youngjae being Yoseob? Why did he saw Yoseob the whole time? Why all of the sudden? Why now? Was Doojoon right? Gikwang didn’t want to think like that! Youngjae didn’t deseve this!

Gikwang ruffled his hair in frustration. He was so confused.

 

A few hours later Gikwang left his appartment to visit Yoseobs grave. As he went out of the door he saw Youngjae a few steps next to him running circles in front of his appartment and talking to himself.

“What should I do? I ruined everything! Maybe he was right! I should have continued school, then it hadn’t become such a mess! But I couldn’t leave him like that either… ARGH! What if I do something wrong and he doesn’t like me anymore?” Youngjae babbled desperate and ruffled his hair. Youngjae slid down on the floor and rolled around like a little child. “Why can’t I just tell him?” he whined.

“What is he talking about? I don’t understand a word..” Gikwang thought. “Jae? What’s wrong? Do you have problems at home or something?”

Youngjae widened his eyes in shock. “Gikwang?” He immediately jumped on his feet. “W-What? N-no nothing! I’m fine. Hehe!” he stuttered. “Where are you going?” he quickly changed the subject and smiled at him. “I wanted to go to Yoseobs grave.” Gikwang said. “Oh… I see..” Youngjaes smile faded lightly. “Okay… see you later then…” He said looking down and was about to enter his appartment.

Gikwang watched him and somehow he felt guilty. “Hey Jae! Do you want to come with me? I… I mean it isn’t exactly a place to hang out, but I wanted to introduce you to Yoseob, if I’m allowed to… I-I mean if you want… Argh, this must sound so ridicoulous. Introducing someone to someone who is dead. I’m sorry I didn’t want to bother you..” Gikwang babbled nervously looking up shyly to the taller one. Youngjae looked at him sursprised. “Jinjja? You want me to go with you? R-really?” Youngjae said dumbfounded. “I-I mean, I would love to meet Yoseob! And it didn’t sound ridicoulous, really!” Youngjae said happily and smiled brightly. Gikwang smiled back at him. “Okay then… Let’s go~!” Gikwang said and grabbed Youngjaes hand to drag him along with him. Youngjae immediately blushed and followed him.

 

“Hey Yoseob~!” Gikwang greeted the grave happily. “I brought someone with me totay! Surprising isn’t it? This is Youngjae, the weirdo I told you a lot of. He became a very good friend, so I wanted to introduce him to you.” He chuckled lightly. Youngjae smiled softly.

“Hello Yoseob~! Nice to meet you. I hope you don’t mind if your boyfriend has a weirdo like me as a friend. I will take care of him as good as I can! I promise!” Youngjae smiled and cowered in front of Yoseobs grave patting it. He heard Gikwang laugh behind him which widened his smile even more.

They sat on the bench near Yoseobs grave and watched it.

“Youngjae? Can I ask you something?” Gikwang broke the silence.

“Sure. What is it?” Youngjae said.

“Can it be that you…. That you’ve fallen in love with me?” Gikwang blushed at his own question. Youngjae widened his eyes. “W-What? What make you think that?” he stuttered. “You blush very often, you stutter and get nervous everytime I’m next to you. You care so much about me and you’re kind of clingy so I thought….” “N-No, I’m not, really.” Youngjae blushed like hell and stuttered.

Gikwangs face saddened at this obvious deny. “Youngjae, I really like you and I don’t want you to get hurt. Please follow my advice and don’t fall in love with me. Nobody should.”

“Huh? Why? What’s wrong with loving you?” Youngjae asked confused.

“I wouldn’t return your feelings, because I don’t want to fall in love ever again. And that would only hurt you. So please don’t do that..” Gikwang said sad.

“Why don’t you want to fall in love again? Yoseob wouldn’t want you to be alone your whole life. He would want you to be happy.” Youngjae said. His expression became sad.

“I know… but I just can’t… I’m scared. I’m so scared, that when I fall in love again, that I would slowly forget about Yoseob. And I never want that to happen. Not just because I love Yoseob more than anything, it’s because when I forget about him, then he is dead for real. Then he wouldn’t exist in my world anymore. And this thought makes me scared. I never want this to happen.” Gikwang said staring at Yoseobs grave. He turned his look to Youngjae again and widened his eyes in shock. Tears were falling down Youngjaes cheeks.

“Y-Youngjae? What’s wrong?” Youngjae suddenly started to cry. He laid a hand on his mouth and sobbed. “I don’t even deserve someone like you.” he mumbled crying. “You’re the angel here…”

“Jae? What are you talking about? What’s wrong?” Gikwang said worried and confused and grabbed his shoulders.

Suddenly Youngjae started glowing. “What the..?” Gikwang exclaimed startled and let go. “What the hell is going on here?”

Youngjaes hair slowly became shorter and darker, his body seemed to shrink, his whole features started to change lightly.

Suddenly bright white wings grew out of his back. “Aaah!” Gikwang squealed startled and fell from the bench, crawling quickly backwards and stared at Youngjae, or whatever, in pure shock. White feathers sailed in his direction. An.. angel?

Slowly Youngjae stopped glowing, showing that his transformation ended. There, where a tall blond boy sat a moment ago, now sat a familiar, small, dark haired boy with big snow white wings spreading out of his back. Gikwang slowly got up again and approached the still sobbing boy. He looked closer and widened his eyes. “Yoseob? This- This can’t be! AH! I’m dreaming again. Haha.” Gikwang said like he was going crazy. Yoseob wiped his tears away and smiled. He looked up to the confused Gikwand who was laughing like an insane idiot.

“Do you really believe that?” Yoseob said with a light smile on his face. Gikwang looked up at the sound of this angelic voice. This voice he missed so much! It sounded so real. Was this really a dream?

Yoseob stood up. Gikwang turned around and looked at him. He looked him deep in the eyes. With a trembling hand Gikwang slowly reached for Yoseobs face. He slowly laid the hand on his cheek. Yoseob leaned in his hand an closed his eyes like he always did when Gikwang touched him like that. Yoseob missed the feeling of Gikwangs hand caressing his cheek.

Gikwang could feel him. He could feel his warmth. This definitely couldn’t be a dream. Tears started to build in Gikwangs eyes and Yoseob smiled at him. Gikwang suddenly pulled Yoseob into a very tight hug, as if he wanted to never let go again. “You’re here! You’re really here! How is that possible?” Gikwang cried so happy that you couldn’t even describe it. He could feel Yoseobs breath, Yoseobs warmth of his body, hear his heartbeat. Yoseob chuckled “Well… It’s a long story.”

For a long while they just stood there hugging each other tightly, enjoying the feeling. Gikwang couldn’t stop crying. “I-I missed you so m-much.. so much! Yo-Yoseob…” Gikwang sobbed not being able to speak properly because he was almost choking in tears. “Shhh… I know. I missed you too, Gikwang. So much! Don’t cry…” Yoseob said calming, caressing Gikwangs back of the head. He losened the hug lightly to lay his hands on Gikwangs face and wiped his tears away with his thumbs. “Shhh…. Gikwang, hey Gikwang! Open your eyes! Look at me!” Yoseob commanded. Gikwang did what he was told and looked up at Yoseob. “You’re happy to see me, don’t’ you? Then show me and smile.” Yoseob said and smiled at him softly. Gikwang immediately flashed him the hugest and brightest smile Yoseob had ever seen, eyes turning into crescents. “Yes!! I can’t even describe how happy I am!” Yoseob chuckled and returned his smile.

“You don’t know how much I missed this beautiful smile!” Now Yoseob was the one with tears in the eyes. He quickly wiped them away. Suddenly he felt this familiar plump lips on his own. This sweet soft lips he missed so much that he thought he went cold turkey or something. Yoseob immediately kissed him back hungrily, closing his eyes and deepened the kiss passionately.

After a while Gikwang finally let go and they sat on the bench again.

“So… You’re really an angel?” Gikwang asked in disbelieve and staring at Yoseobs wings with his mouth forming an “o” shape. Yoseob giggled. “Yeah.. cool thing, isn’t it?” Yoseob grinned. “Can I touch them?” Gikwang asked unsure. “Sure~!” Yoseob smiled and spread his wings a little. “Woah… so soft!” Gikwang swooned amazed as he caressed the soft white feathers from Yoseobs wings. “This is really… Woah! I mean just unbelievable!” Gikwang said in pure amazment. He stopped touching the wings and looked at Yoseob.

“And… the whole time, Youngjae were you?” he asked. “Yes...” “But why didn’t you show up like this earlier? You knew that I missed you a lot, didn’t you? I mean I liked Youngjae and all, but you know?”

“Yeah but it’s against the rules… OH.MY.GOD!! JUNHYUNG WILL KILL ME!! Okay, I am already dead but I don’t want to know what he will do to me!” Yoseob suddenly panicked. “I’m so dead!” he whined.

“Huh? Who is Junhyung?” Gikwang asked confused.

“A high-ranked angel, my boss when you want to put it that way.”

“Oh… cool there is such a thing? Do you work as angels? And why would he want to kill you?”

“Yeah, kind of. Normal angels don’t “work”, but there are several angel categories distribute among skill rank and competence. Supervisory angels, guardian angels and guiding angels are the only ones I know, but I guess there are much more. And Junhyung seemd to me an all-in-one angel, because he is high-ranked. Err… let’s say I broke some rules and that’s why he would be mad at me. And revealing your identity to your subject is a total no go!” Yoseob said scratching his cheek nervously.

“Subject?” Gikwang asked confused tilting his head. “Subject for what?”

Yoseob smiled and suddenly jumped up from the bench. He beated his wings so he hovered over the ground a bit. He turned around to Gikwang again who looked at him amazed before he landed again. His spreaded wings looked much bigger than when he was sitting there. A few feathers were flying around from the action.

Yoseob made a low elegant bow and smiled at Gikwang.

“Yang Yoseob, your personal guardian angel at your service!”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My beloved Subbies and readers! *hugs you all*
FINALLY, I'm back with an update! But... sadly it's the worst update ever! I'm so dissatisfied! *cries*
First it took me so long again. And then it turned out to be such a..... nevermind. *sigh*
Actually I wanted this chapter to be special, touching, fluffy and all but it is a complete failure! *cries*
I really was looking forward to this chapter since I started the FF, because Yoseob finally appeared! But... I don't know... I'm just so unsatisfied. T__T

I hope you like the chapter at least a bit.
Sorry for giving you this piece of .

I love you and comments are love!

AND a really BIG "Thank you!" for my beloved SadSquall who corrected it for me! *hugs you tight*

A little pic spam as an excuse~ ♥