Better Left Unsaid

My Unfinished Business

 

I was really pissed of. I glared at the stout guy but didn’t say anything for I fear I might say something that I will regret later. Everyone on their table exchanged glances.

I sat at the empty chair at the table beside them. No one dared to come and talk to me. On the sideways, I saw Tae Sung glaring at his companion.

A little later, as I was flipping the pages of my Literature book, Seung Ah came and cheered me up.

“Hey Sis! What happened… You seem to woke up at the wrong side of the bed..” I smiled a bit but didn’t say anything.

“Aww.. come on MinMin..” I looked at her. She’s the only one who calls me by that nickname other than my Mom. She used to call me that.

“I’m okay.. PMS I guess..” then I grinned at her and she smiled back.

“At least you came back.. you got me worried there..” she held my hand and said, “ come on let’s grab some snacks!”

She turned to the other table and said, “Aren’t you guys coming?”

I was bothered with that question and looked at the boys. “Omo! They are coming with us!”

I didn’t notice Seung Ah’s glances at them encouraging all five of them to come. “I’ll text In Ha and Yoon Hwa to follow..”.. she added.

________________________

The way to the cafeteria took a hefty 10 minutes as I was walking as if counting my every steps. Still no one dared to drop a single word.

I pulled myself towards our favorite corner inside the cafeteria and seated quietly.  I fished out my phone from my bag and pretended to be busy, while in fact I was just playing the snake game.

I was so engrossed with the game when someone finally spoke up.

“So Min-ssi.. forgive me?”.. I forced my eyes to look at him.

“I don’t talk to strangers..” I said, my eyes colder than O degrees.

“Oh, I’m Yoo Ryu Wook, and this is Kim Hyun Joong, we’re Tae Sung friends. “You don’t know us but we know you already based from Tae Sung’s story.”

‘Kim Hyun Joong.. so that’s his name..’  I glanced at him for a second and look again at Ryu Wook. “So.. did he tell you that I am his girlfriend?”

“I-i..I know you didn’t like what I said..” My left brow rose. ‘Good thing you knew!’, my mind said.

“Did he tell you that I am his girlfriend?”.. I repeated my question.

“No.. but.. you’re basically always together so we assumed you’re in a relationship.. we didn’t know..” My head grew big when I heard who answered my question.. it was Kim Hyun Joong!

I looked around the table just to find out we’re the only one left here. Seung Ah and Ji Hoon were at the counter already paying for the snacks. Tae Sung is missing in action.

“Look here guys.. I don’t want to make this a big issue.. I don’t even want to talk about it. I just got pissed of out of the blue I don’t know why… I remained silent for a while thinking I might hurt Tae Sung should I say something…I just want you to promise me not to do that again..I care for Tae Sung but not the way he wants me to.. Though he wasn’t even vocal about his feelings..”

“What if he confess to you?” it’s Ryu Wook.

“That’s what I’m afraid of…” I looked at Kim Hyun Joong… “I don’t want to hurt him..it’s better to just keep it to himself..” Hyun Joong stared at me while I said that and I looked intently in his eyes.