SHE IS LOVED....ONE TIME... BIG TIME...

My Unfinished Business

SU Music Lounge is located inside the campus. It was an institutionalized project by the Department of Hospitality Management , the Performing Arts Department and the Music Enthusiast Organization; where Hyun Joong is a member; which serves as a venue for students on-the-job training. Since it is campus based, they only serve light cocktails and mocktails to students.

“I’m on my way..”. Hyun joong smile at the text message he just has received. Five minutes from now is his set. He hoped she arrives just in time.

He never planned it. He never planned to like So Min. He just felt it. But somehow, he thinks what he feels and what he is doing right now is wrong. He thinks he’s selling his friendship with Tae Sung to the devil. But he can’t help it. He wanted to be close to So Min, even as a friend. He knows, he cannot advance to something more than friendship unless Tae Sung gives up on his feelings towards So Min.

“Hyun Joong.. it’s your turn!”.. Hyun Joong woke up from the trance he had created.. he heaved a deep sigh and stood up from where he was sitting.

He roamed his gaze to the crowd as soon as he stepped out to the mini stage but he didn’t see even the silhouette of that particular person he wanted to see tonight. He started to strum his guitar and started singing..

(She is Love by Parachute)

I've been beaten down, I've been kicked around,

But she takes it all for me.

And I lost my faith, in my darkest days,

But she makes me want to believe.


They call her love, love, love, love, love.

They call her love, love, love, love, love.

She is love, and she is all I need.


Well I had my ways, they were all in vain,

But she waited patiently.

It was all the same, all my pride and shame,

And she put me on my feet.  


They call her love, love, love, love, love.

They call her love, love, love, love, love.

They call her love, love, love, love, love.

She is love, and she is all I need.


And when that world slows down, dear.

And when those stars burn out, here.

Oh she'll be there, yes she'll be there,


They call her love, love, love, love, love.

They call her love, love, love, love, love.

They call her love, love, love, love. love.

She is love, and she is all I need,

She is love, and she is all I need,

She is love, and she is all I need.

_________________________________________________________________


So Min arrived just as the singer is on his first chorus. She looks at her watch and it says 7:05PM. He really must be the Guitar Man. She quickly turned her gaze at the direction of the stage where the singer was. ‘Omo! It’s Hyun Joong?’

So Min trailed her way to the direction of the bar and ordered a mocktail, then focused her eyes again to the one singing at the stage.

‘I wonder who he was singing to… I wish that song is for me..’ Having said that, Hyun Joong lifted his gaze from his guitar and turned it to So Min who seems to be lost in her thoughts.

Hyun Joong sang 4 more songs before he descended the mini stage.

“Are you looking for someone?”… he teases as he approached So Min.

“Yeah .. I’m looking for someone..” she smiled. “I’m looking for our houseboy and someone told me he frequented this place… some houseboy huh?... making his young mistress to look for him… “ then she bursts into laughter.

Hyun Joong laughed at her gaiety… enjoying gazing at her lovely laughing face.

“So the Gypsy Girl Young Mistress is looking for her houseboy who.. could be me… the Guitar Man?”

“Oh.. Are you Guitar Man?” she pretended to be surprised.

”At your service, Young Mistress!”So Min laughed and said.. “Now you sound like the houseboy instead of a Guitar Man.. “ So Min laugh again. “Oh, by the way.. you’re good huh!” ‘Another reason to be drowned on you.’ ..

“Well, thank you.. I didn’t realize it before until you told me.. “ they shared a good laugh when he said that.

Their conversation lasted until the wee hour of the morning, nonchalant and oblivious to the time. Good thing it was Friday and everybody is scattered outside the streets enjoying the start of the weekend.

It’s like that sole moment that both of them wouldn’t trade off for anything in this world.

It’s like that sole moment, both of them will pay bigtime just for it to happen again when one is starting to hope for something beautiful to happen and the other one just wanted to enjoy the company of the other, not minding the guilt of betraying a friend… even just for this one time.