KIM HYUN JOONG's THOUGHTS

My Unfinished Business

 

Hyun Joong was caught off guard with So Min’s question. He wasn’t prepared for that. He wasn’t even prepared about everything that had happened in the library earlier that day.

“Tae Sung! Your girlfriend is here!” His heart skipped a beat. He didn’t know she was coming. He turned around and looked at the girl striding towards their table. She was wearing that grim face he couldn’t seem to fathom, eyes glaring at Ryu Wook.

His eyes followed her until she sat down at the table next to them. Bad mood is visibly written in her face. He sighed while still looking at her keeping himself to come and comfort her.

Clearly it wasn’t the first time she saw her. Many times did he want to come over and introduced himself after Tae Sung started to blabber about her. That instance he knew his friend was caught again by Cupid’s arrow. It was in Tae Sung’s personality to easily fell in love whenever a girl got closer to him.

When he saw her the first time, his world seemed to stop. He didn’t expect it. She is quite a beauty.  Not to mention, she really stood out from the rest because she’s the only one in the campus with a different Bohemian-Gypsy look fashion statement.  Chandelier earrings, 3 sets of bangle bracelets in her right wrist, a Guess cuff watch on her left, brown cowboy boots, and a yellow Boho flower printed mini-dress. Her curly side bangs framed her face both sides, the rest were measly ponytailed at the back of her head. She was really an artistic statement personified. She got that semi-gothic make up but a beaming smile was always ready in her face. With that kind of smile, he was hooked. That was a year ago.

Tae Sung and Ji Hoon was with her at that time. He wanted to come but kept himself glued at that place where he was sitting. He felt it’s going to be a really bad idea based from what he felt right then. It will only mean two things.. it’s either Tae Sung or himself,  who will the one to get hurt in the end.
 
He kept his distance whenever he saw them together. They seemed so close together that they assumed they were in a relationship. He never asked Tae Sung to confirm it. It was Ryu Wook who had the guts to ask but Tae Sung just smiled as a response.

Only at the cafeteria did he confirm that they were never an item. He wanted to shout for joy but of course he couldn’t let them know about his feelings, so he just kept silent.. let himself observe more at the sight in front his eyes.

His eyes roamed around her face. Though frowning while busy playing on her cellphone, there’s no doubt that she’s beautiful.  Until Seung Ah and Ji Hoon came back with snacks on their hands asking where Tae sung is, only then he shifted his gaze to things other than her face.

When he heard Seung Ah informing So Min about the meeting and she wanted to let it pass for this time, he decided to finally talk to her later. As he was thinking how to get rid of Ryu Wook, he asked him if he’s coming with him to their usual hang-out. He lied to him about going back to the library.

________________________________________________

‘Why am I here?’ Hyun Joong frowned at that thought. He didn’t know how to answer that question.. He couldn’t think of any words to say..


He just wanted to talk to her and be with her.

“I just come out from the library when I saw you.. so I decided to come by and befriend you finally since you’re friend is my friend…” he answered.

“But the library is that way.. and if my memory serves me right, you just came out the cafeteria 10 minutes ago and we’ve been walking and talking for like… 5 minutes?”.. she asked probing. He smiled.

“Ok.. I guess I’m not good at pretending or acting or whatever you call that..”.. he grinned this time.


“I really wanted to talk to you and befriend you.. I thought it will be awkward for us if we see each other in the future based from what had happened earlier.. so might as well introduced myself formally.. I am Kim Hyun Joong.” He offered his right hand after saying that. She smiled and lifted her right hand..

“I am Jung So Min.”.. They shook hands but she felt a firm grasp from him. She turned her gaze onto his eyes, he was still holding her hands. When she tried to pull her hand, he just held it tighter.  But when she looked at him questioningly, he just looked intently into her eyes and gave her his most handsome smile. ‘It’s a good thing I wore my newly bought undies or else I might be holding it  right now for fear of falling it from its place… kekeke.. naughty So Min!’

__________________________________________________

I wished the way to the dorm is like the trail to the summit of Mt. Everest. It wasn’t that long and before I knew it, we were already in front of the dorm.

“Uhmm.. So Min.. can I ask you a favor?”.. Hyun Joong asked.

“Uh.. yes.. what is it?”

“Can I borrow your phone? I left mine at my car in front of the library.. I have to text Ryu Wook to tell them I’m coming..”

“Sure!”.. I lend him my phone. He seemed to dial some numbers and returned it to me.

“Thanks!”.. he said before I went inside. When I turned my head, he was still there smiling at me.

______________________________________________________

Hyun Joong walked fast to reach his car parked in front of the library. He quickly fished out his phone from his bag and checked the missed call. He grinned when he saw the number on the registry.