LIES

My Unfinished Business

 

So Min partied harder that night. She danced and drank the night away. She has the highest alcohol level tolerance but that night was different. Heartbreak and alcohol were not really a good match.  She had a chance on confronting Hyun Joong when  they bumped into each other on his way to the rest room. 75% of alcohol is already consuming her.

She smiled at him and at a drunk state she said, “You know what?.. I hate you… so much!! .. You left me hanging without even explaining.. You’re a jerk making a girl fell in love with you..  You’re a stupid for not choosing to be with a beautiful girl like me.. so you better take care huh?.. because you’re so dumb moron!”

“So Min, stop it!” He dragged her at the back so that no one could see them.

“Huh?.. Stop?.. I can’t.. You made me like this! How dare you! Why did you do this to me? Why?!.. Is it because of Tae Sung?., You care for him more than you care for me?..That girl?.. Do you really like her?  Why???? Why ??”

“So Min don’t do this..’

“I just want to know your reason..”

“You really want to know? Ok..I’ll tell you..” Hyun Joong heaved a deep sigh and spoke.. “You're annoying So Min.. You annoyed me! ..Your text messages annoyed me.. your calls annoyed me..” With that, Hyun Joong left So Min with a heavy heart. God knows, he doesn’t want to say those things.. but he has a promise to fulfill.

So Min was shocked at his revelation, she couldn’t help but cried out loud though she knows he was lying but it still hurts hearing him say those dreaded things. ‘Me.. annoying?’ That’s the thing she couldn’t accept.  She was like that for too long until someone tap her shoulder.

“Stop it now.. let’s go back inside, they’re looking for you..” it was Tae Sung. Hate swathed her upon hearing his voice. 

“I hope you could just scram and not bother me anymore..” she said coldly.  “Go back inside.. I will not come with you..” She fixed herself and sported a poker face before trailing the pathway leading to the front entrance to avoid any buzz if someone sees her and Hyun Joong come out from the same place.

Hyun Joong was worried because he saw things were getting out of hand. So Min was totally wasted dancing with random guys. He wanted to pull So Min out of that place but Si Young was with him.

 

Ryu Wook was with her but he looked wasted already… and he sensed something with Tae Sung. He was alone at the corner drinking but grim was on his face. He is always like that when he’s in a bad mood. The lovebirds, Seung Ah and Ji Hoon were on the arcade room as usual… playing House of the Dead. And Suk Jin was flirting with other girls at the bar.

He doesn’t want to leave ahead the others but Si Young is his responsibility. She was drinking with the girls Suk Jin were flirting with at the bar who turns out to be her friends.  She’s a bit wasted now and insisted to take her home.  When he informed the others he was going ahead, So Min looked at him coldly.  He wanted to say something but Si Young pulled him out of the bar. When he looked back, So Min was still looking at him.

 

_______________________________________________________________

Tae Sung witnessed all of these starting from So Min’s arrival at the hang-out. He knew So Min was hurting these past few days because Hyun Joong has been ignoring her and it’s because of him. But what can he do. He loves So Min that he will do everything even to beg his friend Hyun Joong not to go on his way. Being the good friend as he was, Hyun Joong agreed even if it would mean to sacrifice his own feelings towards So Min.

He looked at So Min’s longing eyes as she stared at Hyun Joong’s retreating back. And it pained him more knowing the girl he likes loves someone else.. and that someone is one of the persons he considers as brothers. He got up and from his corner and pulled So Min out of the hang out. 

“Yah! Tae Sung let me go!” He dragged her to the nearest park but he remained silent. “Why did you bring me here? I wanna go home now!”

She started to go away but Tae Sung grabbed her wrist. “Why?..”

“Huh?”  

“Why can’t you see me the way you see Hyun Joong? Why? You never looked at me the way you looked at him!!!”  So Min’s eyes widened in embarrassment. Though it was the wee hours of the morning, by passers are still crowding nearby.
 
She knows alcohol was consuming Tae Sung’s senses right now but she couldn’t help hating him and being afraid of him. “ Why are you doing this to me? Let me go!.. You’re humiliating me in front of these people and I wouldn’t forget this for the rest of my life!!”

So Min fished out her phone and called everyone she could contact. Seung Ah and Ji Hoon were out of coverage area. Ryu Wook and Suk Jin were not picking up. And there’s only one left as her last resort. She called Hyun Joong and he picked up after 7 rings.

“Hyun Joong –ah! Help me!” Hyun Joong panicked when he heard her frantic voice. “You’re friend is a monster! Come pick him up here at the park!”  

After the call, So Min looked at Tae Sung who was sobbing silently. She was furious but she hasn’t had the heart to leave him there alone. When Hyun Joong arrived, she immediately went away, without saying anything.

Tae Sung smirked when he saw Hyun Joong. “ So you’re still the knight in shining armor in her eyes.. and I am the villain! Of all people, why does it have to be you?”

“Tae Sung, you have to stop now.. let’s talk about this when you’re sober..” He tried to pick him up from where he was sitting but Tae Sung didn’t let him..

“Don’ t touch me!” Tae Sung went away leaving Hyun Joong frozen at his feet.