Giggles

Broken

 

“Taeyeon noona!”

Taeyeon walked on dreamily, lost in her own thoughts. So much so, she had forgotten to turn the corner like the others and kept walking straight forward. When Taemin had called out her name in warning, she realized a little too late of the wall blocking her path. A shrieked escaped as she bumped her forehead against the hard surface and stumbled backwards, falling down. But, Kyuhyun, who was right behind Taeyeon, caught her by the waist, saving her from hitting the floor.

“You’re so clumsy. Look you even dented the wall.” Kyuhyun chuckled as he teased Taeyeon.

Taeyeon pouted at him as she turned around to look him in the eye. She noticed too that behind him Changmin was laughing hysterically, while Suho, Taemin, and Kai tried to suppress their laughter with a grin. Leteuk, Shindong, Key, and Amber just kept walking since they were all the way in front and hadn’t witness the embarrassing moment.

“I meant to do that.” Taeyeon replied trying to suppress her cheeks from burning in embarrassment.

“Ya whatever, just be more careful next time! And try not to damage anymore walls.” Kyuhyun flicked her forehead lightly and walked on to catch up with the others. Changmin, who was still laughing, received a cold glare from Taeyeon which made him stop and run up to catch Kyuhyun.

“Are you ok noona?” Suho appeared beside her. He had a smile on his face, but it was more concerned than humorous.

“Yes I’m fine. I was just in my own world you know.” She replied her redden cheeks returning to normal.

“I’ve noticed. I was watching you all this time and-” Suho realized what he just said and turned red with embarrassment. He didn’t want to sound like creep who stares at people all day long. It wasn’t like he was admiring her…was he?

“What I meant is…I mean…I was…” Suho couldn’t form his excuse.

Taeyeon chuckled at him. She couldn’t help but find him cute.

“It’s alright Suho. I know what you mean.” She assured him.

Since he didn’t want to end up saying anything stupid again, Suho just bowed to Taeyeon and ran up to Taemin and Kai. The two seemed to have heard the conversation and were know snickering at the Suho’s stuttering nonsense. Suho gave them a menacing look which made them cover up their giggles with coughs.

Taeyeon was left at the back of the line. She looked up at the clock plastered high on the wall. According to it, the time was already 10:58 p.m. The day seemed to have passed by so rapidly. She remembered first waking up in the building, with the clock flashing 11:00 a.m. The events that followed had made the time fly by: Sungmin’s death, grieving, being trapped, a strange phone call, and now following Sungmin’s blood trail.  
This is all a nightmare! I’d wake up any moment...right?
Taeyeon watching the clock’s longer arm ticked in place on the number 12, suddenly remembered Seohyun’s words.

Didn’t she say to remember the time? What am I suppose to remember about it?
Suddenly the hallway lights started to flicker but ended up turning off altogether. Everyone stopped and stood there in pitch black darkness. They responded with some sort of scream or complain.
“What the heck?” Shindong yelled out.
Taeyeon as best as she can in the darkness, ran to where the others were. She ran straight into Changmin’s back, who flinched in response.

“Sorry…” Taeyeon apologize but didn’t exactly know who she was apologizing to.

“Oh! Taeyeon! Its fine.” Changmin went to pat Taeyeon's arm but ended up patting her on her ear instead, since it was too dark to see anything.
“Come on! We need to go somewhere there’s light.” Changmin tried to find Taeyeon’s hand in the dark, but all he was doing was feeling up Taeyeon’s arm. Taeyeon, sensing what he was trying to do, took his hand in to her own.

“Sorry.” Changmin manage to mumble out, since it probably felt like he was feeling up on her. Was he?

Changmin walk on with Taeyeon right besides him, but then he stopped dead in his tracks.

“What’s wrong oppa? Did you hit yourself on the wall too?” Taeyeon giggled softly, but then she stopped as she heard the same sounds she heard last night. There was a cracking noise and afterwards a thud had sounded, like somebody had fallen on the ground. It was the same sound, the same thing, that had happen yesterday night at the suppose “meeting.” The start of this insane nightmare. Was it all happening again?
Changmin sensing the panic took Taeyeon and started to run off.
"What’s happening?" Taeyeon frantically asked while trying hard to make out anything in the dark; A sign of their friends. A way out. Anything!

There was another thud as somebody fell to the floor.  
Taeyeon heard Amber shout Key’s name but halfway it sounded like somebody had muffled her voice. Then another thud came.
Before Changmin could answer Taeyeon, something hit him at the side of his head. He fell on the floor with a grunt. Taeyeon went down with him. 

"Oppa!" Taeyeon nudged Changmin, wanting to know if he was alright. It felt like she was reliving a nightmare, she didn’t know what to do. She felt helpless. Who was doing this to us?
Then Taeyeon felt it. Someone hit her at the back of the head. The searing pain made her body tremble and her head throb. She was loosing consciousness.  As Taeyeon gave herself up fully to the darkness a cheerful giggle echoed behind her. She let herself drift off with memories of the same giggle from the past.

                                                                                                                       

Sorry for not updating for a while. I wasn't that long was I? Well same thing as before, tell me what you guys think! Comment! Subscribe! If you want, I don't want to force you guys! ^_^ And just to let you guys know in the first chapter I changed Tao into Kris, since some of you are asking for him. And it does make sense since all the leaders are in my story.