Talking with Min

My Butterfly

 

I'm so sorry it's taken this long to post a new chapter. A lot has happened to me in the past couple of months. But hopefully now I can start writing more. ^_^

Hope you enjoy the update!!!

 

====================================================================

 

 

Jae woke the next morning refreshed, excited, and a bit nervous. She knew that Taemin probably had a rough time going to sleep after yesterday. She'd have to explain what happened.

She gathered her school clothes and went to take a quick shower, humming. After washing her face, she made her way to the kitchen and sat just as Min placed a bowl of porridge in front of her. She thanked her say," I'll eat it well." Min went back to making both their lunches.

After a few minutes of silence, Jae cleared , "You know you scared him last night, right?"

Min sighed, "I kind of guessed that. Gah!! I'm a Shawol and I manage to scare one of favorite idols."

Jae smiled, "Its okay, Eonni. We weren't expecting you to come home early. So we were both surprised."

Min scoffed, whispering, "You still could have told me he was your ....."

Jae rolled her eyes, "Then you would never have left me alone till you met him."

The older girl sighed, "Yeah, you're right. Just apologize for me. Please?"

Jae smiled, "Sure, Eonni."

She finished the rest of her breakfast, washed her bowl and set it aside to dry. She went and grabbed her Zune, setting it on her speaker that was setup in the kitchen and pressed play. It started at the chorus of 'Mirotic' but ended quickly. Next came a song she hadn't heard before. She sat listening trying to figure out who it was and what they were doing on there. Then it hit her.

"Eonni, did you put music on my Zune?"

"Neh. You said I could, remember?"

 Jae sighed, "I said that you could put SHINee on there. What is this?"

"It's MBLAQ. They’re another band that's starting to get pretty big. They're music is really good."

"Okay so what's the name of this song?"

"This one is called ‘Y’. The video for this song was sad."

Jae pursed her lips, "Smooth Min...."

"Aww Jae. Mianhae. Please don't be mad at me." She quickly threw her arms around her little sister, "It was just a thought. Mianhae dongsaeng."

 Jae smiled, "It’s okay Eonni. I'm not mad." The older girl smiled and kissed the tip of Jae's nose. The younger girl scrunched her nose earning a chuckle from Min.

 "You should really give some of these new artists a try. They have some good music."

Jae pursed her lips, “I have good music already.”

Min rolled her eyes, “Yeah DBSK is good, but you should try listening to more current music. I have some really good artists. 2PM, 2AM, 2ne1, BEAST, U-Kiss, MBLAQ, SS501, miss A, G.NA, The TRAX, Super Junior,” She ticked them off her fingers. Jae waved her hands franticly.

"Alright, alright. I'll listen to them. Now will you please stop criticizing my choices in music?"

Min pouted, "I wasn't criticizing. I was saying you should at least stay up to date on music. When was the last time you got music from a new artist?"

"Excuse me; I got all of Yiruma's music last week. And I'm very happy with that."

Min rolled her eyes, "Yeah but you've liked him for forever. That doesn't really count."

Jae pouted, "I think it does....."

"Oh come on Jae. You didn't even know your was a member of SHINee!! Heck, the Ajumma down the hall even knows who SHINee is. I'd say that makes you behind on the times, dongsaeng."

"Yeah, well you know I'm a true fan because I'm there for the music and not just looks."

She could feel her sister tense, "I'm not saying you’re not a true fan, I'm just pointing out that since I can't see what they look like I can't be biased. Hell, I don't even know what Jaejoong looks like and he's my favorite."

 Min relaxed and ruffled Jae's hair, "Whatever dongsaeng. By the way, when is Taemin coming back over?"

Jae tapped her chin, "I don't know. He does have schedules to attend to so I don't know."

Min finished making their lunches, and gathered her things for work. Jae made sure all her things were in her bag, slipped her jacket on and grabbed her cane. They walked to Min's car, talking the whole way. When the radio came on, a SHINee song was playing. Jae smirked, "Oh, by the way, the first day at school, Taemin forgot his lunch and I shared mine with him. He said your food was very good." Min squealed causing Jae to laugh.

"That's like the first I've heard you laugh since you moved in. I think you being around Taemin is a good thing. He's seems to make you happy."

Jae smiled, "He's so nice and sweet. I consider myself lucky to have a friend like him.” She opened her eyes and turned to her sister, still smiling. Min’s eyes widened in shock; Jae never opened her eyes. She had been doing it a lot the last few days. Jae’s eyelids fluttered and shut.

“Darn…..that hurt….”

Min became alarmed, “Are you okay, dongsaeng,” as her right hand coming off the wheel and franticly petting the younger girl’s hair?

“Neh. I’m fine, eonni. I’m not used to having my eyes open, so the muscles are weak. That’s all.”

Min pursed her lips, “Maybe you should try and keep them open. Strengthen the muscles.”

Jae gave her a sad smile, “I don’t think I can after what happened.” Min nodded, knowing what her sister referred to, and squeezed her hand.

“Things will be okay, Jae. Just give it time.”

Jae nodded, “I’ll try, Min.” They remained quiet, listening to random SHINee songs that came on, until they reached the school. Jae placed her hand on the handle, “You’re still picking me up after school?”

“Yeah. If something comes up, I’ll call the school and let you know.” Jae nodded, and opened the door. Min called out and reached for her hand,"Oh, Jae! Did you remember to bring it with you today?" She nodded, patting a small pocket on the side of her bag. "Alright. I don't want to get a call from the school saying you were taken to the hospital. Arasso?"

Jae smiled, “I haven’t forgotten after last time.” Min nodded, biting her bottom lip. She had gotten a call from their mother when they were in America, seeking treatment options for Jae. Apparently, one day at school, their mom had gotten a call from the principal saying they had to call an ambulance to her to the hospital. Min stayed on the phone for three hours, trying to calm her mother down.

Pursing her lips, Min responded, “If I get a call from anyone at your school because you forgot it, you’ll be so dead when I get a hold of you.”

Jae laughed, “That is if you can catch me first, Min. Remember I still work out and run everyday.”

“Yeah, well it doesn’t help you. You’d run into something and fall over. You can’t see, remember silly?” 

Jae stuck her tongue out with a playful ‘merong’, saying, “That might change soon, remember?”

Min smiled, “Neh. I have to go or else I’ll be late for work. I’ll be back here when you get out, so be ready. Saranghaeyo, dongsaeng.”

Jae smiled, “Saranghaeyo, eonni.” They grasped hands one last time, then Jae shut the door and proceeded to the front doors. She sat on the top stair, folding her cane. ‘She’s waiting on Taemin.’ Min smiled, ‘Taemin you better take care of my dongsaeng. I don’t care if you are an idol or from my favorite group. If you hurt her, I will hurt you.’

Lost in her thoughts, she didn’t notice an SUV pull up behind her. As she watched Jae, a tap sounded on her window. She turned to find Taemin peering in her window. Shocked, she rolled it down, “Anhyeonghaseyo, Taemin.”

He bowed, “Anhyeonghaseyho, noona. How are you today?” She smiled at him, “I’m alright. I’m about to head to work. I have a feeling today is going to be rough.”

He pursed his lips, “Why do you think that?”

Min shrugged, “Just a feeling.” Silence overtook the conversation awkwardly. She looked down, “Taemin….I wanted to apologize for last night. I mean…..I don’t expect to walk into my house and see an idol sitting on my couch everyday you know.” She smiled sheepishly.

He chuckled, “I’m sorry to surprise you like that. I was wondering if she had told you about me or not. I guess I got my answer.”

They both laughed, as a car pulled up alongside them. The passenger window rolled down. They both turned and watched as Onew stuck his head out the window, Min’s eyes went wide. He looked at the red-head, “Taemin-ah. You left your lunch in the seat. You’d been doing good to remember it lately. Why’d you forget it this time?”

Taemin dropped his head and toed the ground, muttering, “I saw Min and wanted to say hello before she took off……..”

Onew turned to Min, smiling and greeted her, “Anhyeonghaseyo. I’m Lee Jinki. It’s nice to meet you.”

She bowed, “Anhyeonghaseyo. I’m Yeo Min-Hei Su. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Onew bowed and handed Taemin his lunch, “Don’t forget it from now on. You know how Key gets…” Taemin nodded, blinking and turned to Min.

“Oh, noona. You’re a very good cook. The chicken you made for Jae last week was very good.”

Onew perked up, “Chicken? Ooooooo……..” He trailed off into his own little world, causing Min to giggle. He snapped back and turned to Min, “I’d like to try it sometime. Since I am the king of chicken, I can tell you how good it is.”

 Min smiled, “I’ll make sure to bring some tomorrow for Taemin to give you.”

The older man beamed, “I can’t wait! Now have to go. Lots to do today. Taemin-ah, don’t forget Key and Minho will be picking you up today. Arasso?” Taemin nodded and waved goodbye to his hyung.

Min looked back at Taemin, “Well I should be going. I have to be at work soon.”

Taemin nodded and bowed. He stopped and looked up quickly, he smiled, “Hey, you’re listening to us right now! What song is this?” He leaned closer and sang along with it:

Nareul seontaekhae (Dolikiji malgo)
Seontaekhae (Domanggaji malgo)
Negae ppajin baboin na
Nal chaekimjyeoya dwae

She smiled, “You’ve really gotten better. I was wondering when we’d get to hear more of yours and Minho’s voices. You’re both really good no matter what anyone says. Just know that you have at least one supporter that will be here no matter what. So hwaiting.” She smiled at him and made a fight.

He laughed, “Thanks, noona. Is it alright if I call you that?”

She nodded, “Well, I really need to go now. Come by the house whenever you want. You’re always welcome.”

Taemin smiled brightly, “Don’t work too hard or get hurt. Min hwaiting!” He raised his fist in the air and smiled. She giggled, waving goodbye and pulled off. ‘Oh, Taemin-ah. You’d better look after my sister.’

He waved goodbye after her and turned to enter the school. He saw Jae sitting on the steps waiting. He smiled and ran to her. He squatted in front of her and poked her nose, earning a surprised expression to cross her face. He whispered, “Guess who?”

She smiled, reaching up to feel his face and traced his smile. She located and poked his nose right back, “Hey you.” He helped her stand, placing her hand on his backpack and they chatted the whole way to class, smiling.

 

 

================================================================================

 

Woooo!! Thanks again my lovely ninja, Kate. Saranghae!!

 

And as always.....END OF CHAPTER TREATS!!! 

 

Today......I shall give you..................JONGHYUN!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay.....not many treats today. Sorry. ^^;;;;;

 

Anyway.....I'm working on an Onew mini story. I'll try and write more on this story. 

 

Leave me comments telling me what you think.<3