Chapter 10

Do You Remember Me?

 

Snow fell from the sky as I walked down the street. I arrived at my apartment and twisted the key. I kicked my boots off and rubbed the snow off my mitts before looking up.

 

"Boo." Jae's face was a few inches away from mine. I could feel his breath against my neck.

 

I took a few steps back and bumped into the door.

 

"Oh my god. Don't scare me like that." I pushed lightly on his chest, but he exaggerate and fell over onto the couch.

 

"Yura! Help me!" He moaned under the pillows.

 

Aish. What a baby. I went over to him and his head out. He grabbed my hand and played with my fingers.

 

 

| Jae |

 

"Arg, not now." I bit my lip to contain myself from making any noise. Another headcahe. I gripped onto a pillow and squeezed it.

 

"are you okay?" Yura waved a hand in front of my face.

 

"I'm fine." I forced a smile and walked away.

 

| Yura |

 

*Did something happen?*

 

I observed as Jae collapsed onto the bed. I sat beside him and poked his arm.

 

"Jae...?" 

 

No answer. 

I began tugging on his sleeves.

 

"Jae. Jae. Jae. Jae. Jae."

 

"Ugh, you asked for it." He flipped me over so that I Iaid beside him.

 

"Let's just sleep. I'm tired and it's already late." He held his arms open,

 

"Okay." I shifted into his embrace and buried my head in his chest.

 

~

It was pitch dark now, except for the luminous moon shining through the window. I traced his jaw line with the tip of my finger. Jae murmured in his sleep. I accidently let out a giggle which caused him wake.

 

"Opps." I covered my mouth with my hands.

 

"You're still not asleep?" He yawned and curled back a strand of hair behind my ear.

 

"I can't sleep."

 

"Try." He began rubbing my back which soon made me close my eyes.

 

 ~

 

| Jae |

 

I woke shivering. To my side I saw Yura. wrapped up in the entire blanket.

 

"Aish, Yura. You blanket hogger." She didnt budge.

 

~

 

| Yura |

 

I looked up from my reading to see Jae out from the shower.

 

"You're hair's still wet, you'll get sick dummy." I grabbed a towel and walked up to him. Gentlely, I began drying his hair. He hugged on to my waist until I finished.

 

"There, all done." I smiled.

 

"Do you know what today is?" He asked, with a cheeky smile.

 

"No... " I replied confused. I still didnt remember enough yet.

 

He took out a neatly wrapped box and handed it to Me.

 

"Happy Birthday Yura."

 

My mouth dropped in surprise. Today... was my birthday? I rubbed the soft ribbon tied on the box.

 

"Open it." He insisted.

 

I carefully peeled the pink wrapping paper to releave a sliver necklace with glimmering snowflakes attached to it.

 

"Omo, Thank you!" I got on my tippie toes and placed a soft kiss on his lips. Jae took the necklace and put it on me. I looked down and watched it sparkle.

 

| Jae |

 

I smiled at how happy she was, but it soon faded as i thought,

 

How many more moments will we have like this?