Chapter 8

Do You Remember Me?

 

My knees began to wobble as I neared my classroom. I leaned against the wall and waited for the ringing in my ear to pass.

 

*You can do this, no biggie? Yeah right, you've been absent for a whole month. Everyone thinks you're a crazy no brained girl now.* I took a deep breath in and fixed my uniform one last time before knocking on the door.

 

A middle-aged man with glasses opened the door. I asumed he was the teacher.

 

"May I help-" He stopped and dropped the book in his hand.

 

"Kim Yura?" He asked with a shocked expression.

 

"Yes?"

 

The class became silent and all eyes were on me. I walked to the front of the room and introduced myself. "Hello everyone. It's nice to see you again. I'm Yura and I hope you'll understand me." I bowed respectfully and took my seat. The rest of the lesson went by fast. I was lost for most of it, but jotted down notes anyway. I couldn't help but to notice the whispering behind my back.

 

~

 

*RING RING*

 

I grabbed my books and headed to my locker. The halls were jammed pack. Guess everyone wanted to make a break free and get out of here. I kept my head down and squeezed through. 

 

I quickly put my stuff away and headed to the coffee shop.

 

~

 

I sat by the window and twirled the spoon in my hot chocolate. A gust of cold wind brushed against my back when the door opened. Winter was coming. I blew against the glass and drew a heart. This seems familiar...

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                

"2 Hot chocolates." We took the table by the window. It was Christmas eve.

 

I watched Jae drink his coco while I drank mine. I put my cup down when I finished. A smile crept on to Jae's face.

 

"What's so funny?" I furrowed my brows.

 

"You have cream on your lips." He bent down and smacked my lips.

 

"Jae!" I squealed.

 

​He just laughed in amusement.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

I stared out the window and just smiled. 

 

*Just wait okay? I'll remember everything. I promise.*