Chapter 9

Do You Remember Me?

 

| Jae |

 

I plopped the pills in my mouth and swallowed. ugh, I hated this stuff, but it did the trick. I went over to the calender. How much time do i have left? 8 months. Oh god, less than a year. I laid in bed for long time before finally closing my eyes.

 

| Yura |

 

*Vibrates*
 
“ummm” I reached for my phone and read the text.
 
Did I wake you up? Let’s go to the festival today. I’m coming at 12 :)
- Jae
 
Through the sunlight beaming against my face, I peeked at clock.
 
“11!? Wahhhh!” I kicked my sheets and ran to the washroom.
 
I took a quick shower and pulled my hair up in loose bun. I pulled on and skirt and simple shirt. I slipped on a light jacket as I ran to the door.
 
“I’m gonna be late!” I squealed.
 
I swung the door open and bumped into someone.
 
*ouf*
 
I steadied myself before looking up. A pair of confused eyes looked down at me. Jae. The butterflies in my stomach went wild.
 
“You’re so clumsy, but it’s cute.” Jae chuckled and pinched my nose. I stuck my tongue at him. 
 
“Let’s go!” I exclaimed.
 
I took a step forward but he pulled me back and wrapp his arms around my waist. I could feel his heavy breaths on the back of my neck. 
 
“Wait. This festival. It means a lot. Try to remember okay?” 
 
“I’ll try.” I let out in between long hard breaths.
 
“Good.” He kissed the back of my ear and took my hand, putting his other in his pocket. We walked to the festival in silence.
 
~
 
We spent the whole day there, but nothing seemed familiar. 
 
“Here.” Jae came back holding a cotton candy.
 
“Thank you.” I took it and slowly nibbled away.
 
I stared and walked up to the claw machine. The big white bear that sat in the center drew my attention. Jae noticed me trailing off and followed my gaze. I heard a click and the machine came to life. I turned over to see Jae controlling the claw.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Getting you that bear.” He smirked.
 
Surprisingly, he managed to get it in one try.
 
“Wahhh! Thank you!” I hugged the bear and followed Jae to the bench.
 
“Do you remember?”
 
I looked at the bear. 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                
 
10th Grade, Sophomore year.
 
It was getting dark out. I watched as the street lights flickered on and turned the corner. Books in my arms, head phones on. 
 
*ouf* I bumped into someone and loss balance. Before I could fall an arm reached out and pulled my back. 
 
"Be careful." I looked up to see that I was in the arms of a boy. He wore the same uniform as me, so we went to the same school. I've never seen him before though. 
 
"S-sorry" I picked up my books and brushed my shirt.
 
"Where are you going this late?" he asked
 
​I wasn't actually planning to go anywhere. Just walking home from the library...
 
There was a loud crack. I covered my ears and squinted my eyes.
 
“It’s just the fireworks. The festival?” He chuckled in amusement.
 
“Oh.” I felt embarrassed.
 
“Have you ever been to one?”
 
“No."
 
“Then this will be your first.” Jae took my hand and led me to towards the bright lights.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                
 
 
“Yes.” I finally replied. I first met him here.
 
“Good.” He smiled and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.