Chapter 11

Do You Remember Me?

 

I skipped down the empty hallway. Room 215.. 215...

 

*I'm lost... :'( *

 

Because of Jae's absents, he was subjected to stay after school everyday to catch up. I peeked through every door I passed.

 

Nope.

 

Nope.

 

Still nope. All the rooms where dark and empty. I checked my phone. 7pm. 

 

Where the heck can he be? 

 

I wandered a little more until my eyes met with a dim light. Down the corner, with the door opened, was the only lit room. I peeked through. There was no teacher, only a note on the board.

 

​I'm attending a council meeting. I expect all worksheets to be done by the time I return. No exceptions.

- Mr. Park

 

I saw Jae, his head was down on a pile of papers.

 

*Did he fall asleep?*

 

"Jae...?" I whispered.

 

He didn't move. I pulled up a chair and sat in front of him. 

 

*I wonder what homework he was doing.*

 

I gently pulled the piece of paper under his arm and scanned it over. *Math?* I checked over his answers. *Haha, he did it all wrong, pabo.* I sighed, took his pencil and corrected the answers. I looked over at all the other empty worksheets. God, he'll be stuck here until morning if he doesn't finish all of this. After one sheet I placed it back into the pile and moved on to the next. Satisfied with my work, I stood up and quietly closed the door behind me.

 

~

 

| Jae |

 

I starched the back of my head.

 

*What time is it?* 

 

7:58pm?! *Oh no.* The teacher still wasn't back yet. I quickly grabbed my pencil and pulled a worksheet in front of me.

 

I gasped, the equations were all neatly answered. I checked the other sheets. They were all done.

 

*Ahhem* Someone cleared their throat.  ​I looked up and saw Mr. Park looking down at me.

 

"It seems you've completed all the homework. You are free to go."

 

I was confused. Nonetheless, I stood up, bowed and left the room. I chuckled to myself.

 

"Yura.."