Debts.

Fall from Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Am I dead? Good.


Darkness. I never really appreciated it. I remember running away from the police station when my parents died. I ran into a dark street. Alone. Cold. Dark. This should have been the worst day of my life. Somehow it wasn’t. I will always remember the words of a kind stranger.
“Don’t cry. Be best you can be. Make Your parents proud.”
How I wish I could meet that stranger again.


“ Seo Jo Hyun….Miss Seo. Can you hear me?”

I open my eyes to see a nurse looking over me. She smiled, “ Oh Good your awake. Can you sit up?”
I nodded and sat up. How did I get here. Last thing I remember I was running away from….and…him!
“Awake I see.” Yonghwa said as he sat came into the room.”
“ Oh…Mr Jung., I Thought You left.” Stuttered the nervous nurse.
Yonghwa shook his head, “No…I have some business with this young lady. Could you leave us for just a while.”
The nurse nervously looked towards me for an answer. I nodded. If you wanted me dead he would have let the old man attack you.
“ What do you want?” I spat out.
“Rudeness is very unattractive a woman. “he shook his head. I rooled my eyes and waited for him to speak. “Tell the police that it was a burglar that attacked you.”
I laughed darkly, “Wow you expect me to defend you people even though one of you tried to kill me.”
Yonghwa frowned, “ He is nothing like me. He was a vampire.”
“ Oh cut the crap about the difference between Vampire and roamer. It’s all the same. And why should I help you anyway?”
“ Your not helping me out. I’m helping you. You talk against vampires, roamers and offend the wrong people, you’re dead. So really I’m helping you. Unless me observation is correct and you don’t care about your life.” He said calmly.
I looked at his strangely.
“ At one Point I watched you fight for your life and then you just gave up. Is life that unsacred to you?
I feel tears come to my eyes as his eyes are burning through my heart.

“ Seohyun! Seohyun, Are you ok?!”
In the room barged Kyuhyun.
“ Kyuhyun-shi?” I look over toward Yonghwa only to see him not there anymore. I look back toward Kyuhyun, “How did you know that….”
Kyuhyun cut me off, “I got your stupid letter of resignation and called to yell at you but some guy answered and told me you were attacked by some creep and I came rushing over. God, Seo. I’m not sure if I should be angry at you or just that God Your ok. What the Hell happened anyway?”
I paused to process everything that just happened a few moments ago, What Kyuhyun said. What Yonghwa asked of me. What he accused me of.
“Someone tried to steal my stuff and attacked when I tried to refuse.”I answered calmly.
Kyuhyun nodded, “ who is he? He’s a hero he deserved to be in the paper to have saved your life. If anything would have happened to you Seo, I don’t know what----“
“Feeling better Miss Seo” Yon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter