Month Two - Next Day

He Was There

The Next Day

Kyung’s POV


I breathed in deep as I woke up. Last night was too great to be reality. It was reality though. I was happier than I had ever been at that moment. She felt the same way I did, she was just being shy about it. I didn’t open my eyes yet. I rolled over to put Darin in my arms. My arms landed on my bed. I opened my eyes and she wasn’t there. I didn’t think she’d leave. I didn’t think she’d actually take my offer of going back to friends today. I can’t do that. Not after... finally... How could she leave me? Even if she didn’t feel the same that I did, how could she take advantage of me like that? I’ve never been in love before. My chest was in so much pain. I wasn’t going to cry though. I balled my fist up and hit the bed. I was stupid. I was young and stupid for thinking a girl who clearly had no interest in me would have with me and still hang around for the aftermath. I was young. I was naive. As I said, I was stupid. If this is what it felt like to be in love, I didn’t want it. I didn’t want the pain that came along. Why couldn’t it be rainbows and sundrops? Why do I have to have a torn up stomach and tightened chest just because I want to be someone. She’s just a girl. She’s just a human. I should have known she wasn’t going to be around forever.

I decided to get up. I was hungry. I was hoping eating something would help ease my stomach pains. I reached for my door handle. I didn’t want to have to explain to the guys what happened. I was just going to tell them that she didn’t feel the same way and we left it at that. We thought it was best to not hang out with each other if I felt this way. It was a mutual decision. It wasn’t that I was taken advantage of and got left by myself after I went to bed. I wanted to much to be angry. I was more upset than angry though. I should text her or call her, I thought. At least let me get an answer as to why she left. Maybe something came up. Maybe a family thing. Maybe. Maybe she didn’t just leave me because she got what she wanted. I headed back to end of my bed to grab my pants from last night. I pick them up and dug in the pockets for my phone. After finding them, I dialed her phone number like my life depended on it. I heard the first ring come into my ear. I got nervous. She probably wouldn’t answer. The second ring began, then I heard a familiar ringtone. It was muffled though. My bedroom door open and I looked back to it. She was standing in the doorway. My heart drop, my heart flopped, my heart because a gymnist. My stomach also join my heart in its aerobatics.

“Why are you calling me when I’m right out in the living room?” She held her phone up while it was still ringing. She didn’t leave me. I hung up my phone and tossed it on the bed. I walked over to her a little more hurried than I would admit. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to me. I didn’t want to take my eyes off of her. I kissed her. She pulled her head back after a few seconds, but not enough to escaped my hold. She smiled at me.

“Are you okay?” I shook my head. All that anger and sorrow I built up and was trying to surpress a few minutes ago made me sick for no reason. “What’s wrong?”

“I thought you left.” I push my face into the side of her neck and hugged her tighter.

“Why would I leave, Kyung?” She pulled her head to side and looked at me.

“Because I said it was only going to be last night. I said things could go back to normal today.” I looked her in the eyes. I was really worried. I know I said I only wanted last night, but she couldn’t have taken that seriously. She laughed to herself. That’s not cool.

“Kyung. No. I was cleaning up. We never ate last night. I got the phone call and came in here. Then you came in. We had then went to sleep. Fortunately, Zico nor Jae were back yet. I cleaned up everything. I was going to come back to get in bed then I heard a phone call and it was you.” I was worried for no reason.

“Did you think it was one of your friends who always calls, that’s why you rushed to get it?” I was trying to show her I was lightening up about the situation. Her eyes averted. Like I hit a nerve. It was as though I said something I shouldn’t have. I didn’t think I wasn’t allowed to talk about her friends. She shook her head and looked back up to me.

“No, they don’t call this early.” I didn’t put too much thought into it really. I was just happy that she didn’t leave. “Also, why would you think I left? I told you I’m not some teenage girl. I wasn’t going to have with you and then get overwhelmed by my feelings and run out. I’m a big girl. Got my big girl pants on. I make big girl decisions.” She kissed me.

“I know. I reached over to hug you and you weren’t there. I benig paranoid.” I scratched the back of my head. “So, last night. Are we back to where we started?”

“If we were back to where we started, would I have just stood here for five minutes with you holding me and kissing me? Would I have kissed you?” She kissed me again. I must have died in my sleep. This was too good to be true. Something in me said something wasn’t right. I didn’t listen to it though. Why would I listen to doubt when I was getting exactly what I wanted. Oh, I wouldn’t. I heard a key go into the lock in the front door. Darin separated from me and walked further into the room. “We should get dressed.” I was just standing around in my boxer. I got my pants to put them on. I would have put my shirt on, but Darin was walking around in only that. I really didn’t want to see her get dressed, but I also didn’t want those other two seeing her barely dressed. She just put her pants on. She kept my shirt on. I smiled. I honestly was the craziest, happiest I had ever been. After we got dressed, I was just so happy I grabbed her and kissed her again. She probably thought it was for no reason. It’s not like she questioned why I did it though. We began to head out my bedroom. I led the way, he following behind. I was holding her hand. I was feeling the complete opposite about love that I had been feeling just 30 minutes earlier. I never wanted to lose this feeling. I never wanted her to leave my side.



We walked into the living room and found that Jaehyo was the one who had entered the apartment.

“Good Morning, guys! So I guess everything went well last night?” Jaehyo smiled at us. I looked over at Darin. I was going to nod with accomplishment but then Darin responded.

“Yes, Jaehyo, they did.” She turned to me. “Did you really tell him what you thought was going to happen? The only person who needs to know what’s going on my is me and the person hanging out with it.” Jaehyo laughed. I blushed a bit. She then turned back to Jaehyo. “Or at least wait to ask him if he scored when I’m not near please.” Smiled smiled and both of us and headed towards the bathroom.

I waited to hear for the door to click. I heard the shower turn on. It would be a while before she came back out so I decided to talk to Jaehyo about it.

“Hell yeah things went well last night man!” I was waiting for a high five which was gladly given to me.

“How’d you do it?” He asked me. I felt as though the truth wouldn’t sound as cool.

“You know, I just put the Kyung moves on her. How could she resist.” I grinned.

“I doubt you did put the Kyung moves on her, she’s still here.” I rolled my eyes. It didn’t matter how it happened. All that mattered was that it happened.


Zico had come home finally too. Pretty much we were just like girls going on about what happened. They were surprised a little that Darin went along and felt the same way. I was too. I wouldn’t always be. I would eventually get to a point where I believed it and I didn’t think it would all fall apart. that would happen shortly before it all fell apart. When the truth was known. When she finally broke down and told me everything. She would only do it cause I already knew. I didn’t really know. I wish I could live in the ignorance the whole time. That’s why ignorance is bliss.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 


Darin’s POV

I turned the water on. I need a moment to myself. If I left, he’d think I was getting cold feet or something. I couldn’t really go back after something like that. If I wanted to go back on it, I wouldn’t have let it happened to begin with. I could do this. I could spend time with him for a little bit, then when Jong comes back, distance myself. He says he loves me, but he can’t really. He hardly knows me. He hasn’t had time to know what love is. I’m was more than positive that he was purely infatuated with me. I used to be persuaded by older guys. I was taken advantage of. Oh my, am I taking advantage of him? I was getting nervous. I couldn’t show him my nerves. I picked up my phone and looked at it. I was wondering when Jong would call next. I never knew when he would call. Would he call when I’m at home or when I’m with Kyung? I had to head home soon so I wouldn’t be near Kyung. I shouldn’t be this confused. I really felt something for Kyung, I wouldn’t call it love at that point. I did want to be near him, as much as I could be near him. I also wanted to be near Jong. I couldn’t love two people at once. I wanted a heads up when Jong would call. I rarely did, but I texted him and asked when he would call. He responded telling me that night when he had a chance. He also asked me if anything was wrong. Yes, something was wrong Jong. Apparently, I just got into a relationship with a 19 year old boy while you’re away on tour and promoting your . Something’s very wrong. You’re not here to fix it. Or at least you weren’t here to prevent it. I didn’t really want to take a shower, but I sat in the bathroom so long it would look weird if I came out dry. I washed my hair but kept the same clothes on. I exited and everyone was back home and doing their own things. Now was my time to just casually leave. It would be like normal, I always go home. It’s nothing weird about it. I grabbed my purse and keys, I’d get my clothes from yesterday later when I didn’t feel like Zico and Jaehyo would eye me.

“Alright, Kyung, I’ll talk to you later. I’m going to head home now.” I made eye contact for a brief moment.

“Where you going?” He walked up to me.

“I’m just going to go home.” I smiled at him. It’s usually what I would say.

“I want you to hang around. I’m off today and I’d really like to spend the whole day with you.”  Kyung grabbed my hang. “Since you’re going to be my girlfriend, I’d like to spend the first day we’re officially together... well.. together.” He kissed my hand. My stomach got tight.  We never mentioned boyfriend and girlfriend. This was my fault. There’s no way you could misconstrue what had happened. He had every reason to think we were in a relationship now. We were. It was just so strange to hear those words. I hadn’t been someone ones girlfriend in almost two years. Do I even still now how to date? I just like to sit at home and spend time with people,  what if he wanted to go out every night and be a couple like that.

“I guess we can do that.” I began to put my stuff down.

“We can go to your place if you’d like that. I know it’s a bit crowded here. I’ve never even been there anyway.” Kyung smiled. I wanted to say yes. Yes come to my place. Let’s have the day to lose in each other. I would have if there wasn’t something eating inside at me.

“It’s not just my place.” I blerted out the first thing I could think of. He looked confused.

“You said you don’t have a roommate.”

“Well not at the moment. They’re out of town. They’re coming back in like two months. Remember, four months alone? Sounds like you don’t pay attention to me.” I smirked. I had to contrl my pace of speaking. I was so nervous, but he couldn’t know that.

“So, they’re out of town means I can’t come over?” I started nodded and then I began shaking me head.

“That makes so sense, Kyung.” I didn’t know what I was saying at this point. Kyung started shaking his head.

“I know. That’s why I said it.” he picked my purse and handed it to me. He got his keys and we headed outside. There’s nothing at my house. Only the bedroom is furnished. I was waiting for Jong to come back. He wanted to decorate together since it was going to be... he wanted to decorate together. Now I have was going to have Kyung entering my empty house. I knew he was going to ask questions. That’s fine, because I seemed to make up stuff that makes no sense and he just thinks I’m being cute.

We entered my house. He thought I just lived in an apartment.

“Wow, this place is empty. Do you spend any... No you don’t spend any time here, you’re always at my place.” He put his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him and kissed the side of my head. “Why’s it so empty?”

“roommate wants to decorate.” I said with hardly any emotion and put my bag down next to the door and locked the door behind us.

“She’s making you wait? So you live in this empy house until she’s back. What you got like two months left?” Kyung wandered in farther. He found the kitchen right off the bat. “You don’t even have food in here.” I followed him.

“What do I need food for? I’m always eating with you.”

“True.” He closed the fridge that he was hanging his head in. “Where’s your bedroom? How many rooms does this place have!?” He wanted to see the bedroom. Did I want to show him the bedroom? No. I did though. I walked around the corner to where there was staircase and we went up it.

“It’s not too big. Only three bedrooms and two baths. Not too big. This is my room. It’s pretty much the ONLY room that has anything in it.” Kyung walked in and sat on the bed. He sat on our bed. He sat on Jong’s bed. I sat beside him. Just a few days ago, I was getting angry at Jong. Now I don’t know what I feel. I looked down at the bed and across to the closet. There was mostly my stuff in it, but there were remnants of Jong. Kyung wouldn’t be able to tell, but I could tell he was here. I wasn’t paying full attention then I noticed Kyung trying to get my attention.

“Darin, you alright?” I nodded. “Spacing out on me, huh? Are you tired? We can lay down if you’d like.” Kyung began to take his shoes off. He began to get comfortable. I looked at the clock. Jong would be calling in a few hours. It was different now. Before I was just at Kyung’s place. I was at a friends place. I could talk to Jong while hanging out with friends. Now Kyung and I are at Jong’s and my home. I was technically Kyung’s girlfriend. Only technically, because I didn’t disagree when he said that’s what we were. “You gonna lay next to me or do I have to pull you over here?”

I shook my head. I had been using the physical action of shaking my head to clear my thoughts of the other guy, whoever it was at the time - be it Jong or be it Kyung. I crawled beside Kyung. I didn’t want to touch him. I was nervous. He put his arm around me and pulled me into his chest.

“Darin, I’m really happy. I don’t think you completely understand how happy I am.” I smiled at him and touched the tip of his nose.

“I think I have an idea.” Now it was just a juggling act.