NOT A FAREWELL

Intermediate Prelude to a Love Story (The HyukRi)

A night in the middle of April 2010, in Sukira studio... .
 

Leeteuk and his 'fixed duet RJ (radio jockey)' Eunhyuk, is hosting their daily radio show 'Sukira', accompanied by regular Wednesday co-hosts, the Kara's girl ; Gyuri and Jiyoung.

 

This is The Last Research.... .

 

EUNHYUK

Hmppp.....I'm so confused! Do I, or don't I tell her?? Eunhyuk's mind is full of fuss although he's smiles most of times. It is kind of annoying actually, because Gyuri's looks is very contrary with him. Her face is rather clouded and her gesture is listless.

 

Think I should tell her about the RJ test-chance....but I thought their manager already told her? Aiiigoo, look at her..... Her face is so pale. I wonder if she has her dinner yet. And black circles shadows of those eyes.....she might get not enough sleep these days. Must be worry too much about on how she and Jiyoung won't co-host here anymore. Tcck, she mustn't be! She's good at what she's doing so no need to worry about the future.

 

Sorry Gyul-ah, if you think I most tease you while we know it's our last time together here, but it's because I have visions about your bright future...and great chances.

 

He steals a glance at her, only to find her languid countenance.
 

 

This girl......this special girl, actually a modest girl. Too bad people always mistaken on her, think she's an arrogant and trifles others. Whereas, hmpp.... I still remember on the days back in 2008 when we 'SuJu and Kara' recorded in Idol Show and Miracle Show. Those revealed she truly is a kind-hearted person. And a funny girl! That time, in a tick, I understand......that goddess is only an image of her and not exactly what she is.


The way she seems conceited is just the way she put too much confidence in herself.  Which is....umm.... not that confident. She knows her limit is ......and sometimes, get a burden because of it, feeling worn-out on something so easily. Barely tenacious. Guys usually avoid her and take a step back when she's around. Ahh those guys, why they got intimidated? Can't they see her in real?? But yeah, evil side of me is deeply glad 'coz it's mean my competitors are reduced .....ugh, lucky me 'huh?

 

Bejeweled-anchovy could not take it anymore. Nevertheless, he must keep the secret because it's believed no need a long time to know that good news -RJ testing- will reach the goddess.
 

GYURI

In truth, during times of a commercial break, Eunhyuk doesn't notice how in more than couple of times, Gyuri is intermittent eyeing towards him. She just too clever in hiding all behind her well-known mask of goddess, which seen by others as an arrogant-icy girl.

Ughh....why...wot's wrong with him? Hyukk-oppa smiles, teasing me all the time?! Could it be, he's just to overally excited 'coz SuJu's 4th album will come out soon? Well, good for them then. I see it's why he can't notice I'm not in the mood...... GOOSHH, I'm so sad that we're goin to leave Sukira tonite. 'Though me and baby-Jing only host merely on Wednesday....but it's delight and fun! I can learn a lot, talk a lot with Eeteuk and Eunhyuk-shi....ehhm ...especially, I'm excited if chatting with Hyukk-oppa. Our talks are always lively, in spite of....my shyness to him and occasionally, feeling embarrassed....we can talk about almost everything.
 

Wae? Why I feel embarrassed? Can't you see, those eyes of his...... those sharp eyes of his....are deep but gentle, full of laughs....even naughty sometimes! His gummy smiles, gives nothing but tingle feeling inside, make me warm and comfort at same time.
 

Gyuri moves, leaning his head onto the broadcast table but her face is lead to her right. She never let her despondent out..... particularly to 'him'. Her mind is still broods over.
 

I never imagine, besides those constantly mocking to me, he's a wise kinda guy. His oftenly advises and suggestions are such good to inspire, enlarge my knowledge and live as an artist..... as a girl, an ordinary one. Sometimes he also shares his opinions towards things which are 'unbelievably', same as mine!
 

Gyuri raises her shoulder, leaning back of her chair. Oh, why I think of him only?? I should thanks to Eeteuk-shi too, for his inputs and support. Mianhae Leeteuk-oppa, my mind is dispersed out anywhere....unclear...... I even can't think about preparation of Kara next projects, mini album, our promo to Japan, etc.! Hmpp.... .
 

Ahh, thank God we enter the segment discussion of tonight's Theme. I could use it as switchover. Our tonight main topic is 'What kind of skin-ship is acceptable between girl and guy in a friend relation-ship'.

 

After the forewords and I've stated that quite lots of my friends are men, he...Hyukk-oppa, suddenly questions me, "So, Gyuri-shi. Is there any of them changed to become your boyfriend??" Yup, in public we keep calling formally to each other. We have to consider about his fans....gossips....ughh.

 

"Yes. But only one of them," I answer him in bashfully and hesitate. Tsskk...why he abruptly asked me things like that? What's it, a trap question?
 

He laughs as a response. I don't think it's funny, but why---? Is he.........???
 

"How come?" Leeteuk-shi snatches into the conversation. "That's gonna be really weird... ."
 

"Wae??" Me and Eunhyuk-shi reply in resemble.
 

"Friends are just 'friends'. Can't be changed to become your lover," Eeteuk-shi argues to us.

 

Jiyoung is only smiling to see us three.

 

"Noo....I don't agree, hyeong," Eunhyuk fight him back. "From friends to be a lover it's better instead! You can develop feelings -affection- from a friend.... a person that you've already known, into a darling of yours. In fact, it's a mutually type of friendship."

 

"Yes, that's true." I heard my mouth approving to what he said. I've been there in that situation before, so I know what it feels. And.....well, like I've said, Hyukk-oppa and I, have same opinion on almost of topics.
 

"Aah, then you all must live as long as I am to know the reasons I disagree," Suju Leader surrender, making all of us squeals.

 

The question of main topic further revealed to the dear listeners. Hyukk-shi is the one who gives it. He repeats as the forewords, "What kinda skin-ship is still appropriate between girl and guy friend?"

 

Bunch of answers are given and one of them says 'Hug' which Eunhyuk-shi swoop at a sudden to this listener, adding it to be, "Ah, back hug!"

 

He mentions it, loud and clear. And I smile as a reaction. OH MY......he remembers! It's my favorite skin-ship that I expect from a boyfriend of mine if winter's coming. We both agree 'hugs' is acceptable as well.
 

I still set aside my smile when the other listener conveys 'holding hands' is receivable. However, we, Hyukk-shi and me, disapprove. Yeah come 'on, between girl and guy friendship ; holding hands?? That's too much. Ehm.....yup, we have another same opinion....again.

 

"Guys, did you know? When you're on date and the girl is willing to hold your hand, it means she opens her heart to you," SuJu leader, Leeteuk-shi jumps in on talks."It's why I don't want my friends to hold my hand. Because all my friends want to hold my hands, I'd do my best to avoid it," he exclaims.

 

Hahahahahaaa...... what double of laughter we perceive at him. Sometimes, the eldest here is very cheesy-perceptive to other people's behavior towards him.

 

After a while, since this is the last time Kara accompany them in Sukira, Eeteuk-shi and Eunhyuk oppa.....they ask us to request something to them? For what? For comforting us? A healer? A farewell gift??

How could---......well, ok. Let me ask him, whether he remember about his promise to me few weeks ago. I want him.......I mean, both sunbaes to write down our names -me, Park Gyuri and Jiyoung- in their 'Thank You' part of their 4th album. I don't intend to make it as our remarks or something, I just...hmpp.....I just wanna know if perhaps....Hyukk-shi and Eeteuk-shi can possibly keep us in their minds? Oow, it's my talk of nonsense!

 

The two then say, will put our names in part of thank you in CD's album cover, but....dunno, I don't really expect it will be granted. Their company management may not agree with our -my- wish, considering it would cause their precious boys get into a snare, or vainly thing(?). Arghh.....can we just skip it, oppa?? There are many thanks I would say to you, both oppas.... Especially, to Eunhyuk-shi. Because you always put your trust on me, never judge me as the others did. Your eyes can see me through on who I really am. You are the one who can't easily misunderstand me as an arrogant person.

 

Eunhyuk-oppa, you don;t know how much you meant to me. I respect you....and I do lov...ehm...do care a lot about you.... . Gyuri is detaining her tears to drop as strong as she could.

 

 

 

And now, the last session......they're shifting in to the taking pictures section.

 

EUNHYUK POV

What a silly girl....why with that sadly face? Don't you know, your opportunity, your future is widely open in front of you?? Not just you, but all of Kara.

 

Do you forget about Kara next album and Japan promo tour? Rumor has it, this album will be another bomb and Japan people are huge fans of Kara! Gyuri-ah, I have full-confidence that with your talents, persistence, cleverness....your....your stubborn-witty goddess, you can make it all happened! You'll lead the girls to a glorious epoch ahead.


Seems like you also haven't received the good news from your manager, have you? So, sweep that overcastted face and smile.....
 

Don't be sad....my dear sikhskin carrot goddess..... Here, I'm standing next to you, so close with you. Can it make you feeling better? I hope so.... .

 

GYURI POV

Hyukk-oppa.....we're standing like this, side by side. Come here oppa, close to me. Don't stand too far from me.... I really don't wanna any distance between us in our photos. I want it as intimate as I can....  I know my mind should start focus on our next album, promo, etc. ....but can't understand why, tonight I feel in a misty swirl.

Second pose? Ok. Now, our back is adjacent to another. Let I make the heart signs again. Here... . One more.


Oh, I unaware Jiyoung and Leeteuk-shi in our left side have done their photo session! And they watch us?! Ehh why Eeteuk-shi and Baby-jing is smiling instead? Ah, who cares.... Certainly not me.

So, this is the night 'eh?! Ooouhh.... THE NIGHT!


It finished. I bow to both my sunbaes ; Eeteuk-shi...... Eunhyuk-shi. Thank you so much. Hope, I really hope.....we'll meet again, soonest.

 

 


Couple minutes after Sukira ended, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk find out Jiyoung and Gyuri are still in building's lobby at ground floor, waiting for them.
 

Notice the seniors are approaching, the girls politely bow.
 

"Waiting for us, gals? We won't walk out on you two. You know that, don't you?" Leeteuk is saying to Gyuri and Jiyoung after giving a pierced glimpse at Eunhyuk, who's pretending cool and smiles at same time.

 

Gyuri is the one who answer, "We know, Eeteuk-shi (she and Jiyoung nod their heads)....we know. Gamsahamnida for everything and please forgive us..... of all our mistakes." Both girls are in half smiles to the guys standing in front of them.

 

"Yahh, don't be too formal. Come 'on, let us buy you a dinn--"
 

"It won't be a celebration or farewell. Count me on dat, gals!" Eunhyuk interrupts with his firm-butter voice. His eyes, however, shows a little dreary.
 

"Thank you, sunbaes. But I think it's gonna be far-advanced night for Baby-jing. Maybe some other time. Good night, Leeteuk-shi.....Eunhyuk-shi," still, Gyul responds.
 

"Tsskk...I've told you, no need to formal like that. We all are already a family, so deal informally with us. Just call us 'oppa'.....it's way us to get closer and more familiar....heheheee...." The Leader tapps Hyukk's left arm while looking at the girls.
 

Gyuri and Jiyoung are smiling, yet on goddess, hers is a forced smile. "Fresh air.....I need a fresh air," Gyuri's soul pleads.

Seeing this, Eunhyuk just want to run at Gyuri, giving her a tight comforting hug. Somehow, the only thing he wants to do that time is to console her. "Be strong, Gyul-ah. I hope the news will make you feeling better. Sure soonest it reached you, then you'll smile again," his inner whispers.

 

"Aiiisshh gals, broom over those cloudy faces! We still can contact to each other... . It's not like you are going to another planet, or we're going abroad forever? I can phone Jiyoung-ah, Gyul can sms our anchovy here. We can chat through our messengers/cyworld.....ehm, with our camouflage names..or, real names. Ehh, noo....think it's really dangerous," Leeteuk shows his dimple-tempting smiles while Hyukk only nod a little, giving his plain smile and a trifle blush with hands stuck in his trousers pocket.

 

"Nehh......," Jiyoung also nod and smiles, a brighter one. Her smile is unaccented....so aegyo, an infectious to others, including Gyuri although her eyes are still expressionless.
 

 

The two guys then flank the girls going outside until reach their car in parking lot. As the car, driven by one of Kara manager, left them, Leeteuk's left arm embraces Hyukk who definitely is in fluctuation ambiance. The Leader is mollifying him, "Sooner or later, I bet we will meet them again..... " Then in his talks of under breath to the air, other words are coming also from Eeteuk, "The time will come soon, my dongsaeng. Unwittingly. Just be patient."

 

Eunhyuk responds with none. He's still replaying his memories of every Gyul's presence in Sukira, unnoticed to what his hyeong just said.
 

 

That night, all's end up in tranquil atmosphere. Yet, inside their minds...the two of them, who knows?

 

===========

yup...another chapter is done. Dear viewers, readers, subscribers, friends ; how's it, not too awful eh?? 'Though the story is like the cloud there on rainy season, hopefully wud not upset you.....

And HyukRi with those probs may fell upon u both, keep on strengthen to each other...just hwaiting, OK!!! <3 <3 <3 for u!