An Arranged Plan

Intermediate Prelude to a Love Story (The HyukRi)

It has been few days after our –Gyuri and me- chat that night and nowadays we are caught up in bustle. The entire members of her group and mine are overloaded with our each working schedules. During my tight activities, I keep thinking about her….how is she??

Then, a voice from behind… .

 

“Eunhyuk-ah, it’s confirmed!”

 

His harsh whisper and hands tap onto my back, choking me off the strawberry milk I was drinking. Donghae always did it! I think this kid needs tweaked sometimes. “Be calm, wud you! It’s dangerous if you surprise people when they’re drinki---“

 

“Hey anchovy, listen…. She’s single. Decisively!” still in whisper, Donghae cuts me off and winks his left eye at me.

 

“What do you mean? Who??” My forehead is frown as I questioned him. It is an interruption on my strawberry drinking rite.

 

“Goddess for sure! Gyuri-ssi…your idol, ‘Bro!” he exclaims in a decreased voice. “I have trusted resources. Confirmed. She’s available,” he smirks widely like a horse.

 

“Come here you fool!” Harsh tone is I given back at him. Grasping his shoulder, I shove him to corner right side of the practice room. Hae must be crazy! We are in the middle of breaking time of practice for our next performance…..and people –not to mention about the other mischievous Suju members- are surrounding us. “I’ve told you, keep it zipped. Can you imagine if the others know???”

 

Donghae stares at me innocently, answering, “Thought they’ve already knew---“

 

“Nope! And I plan to keep it that way. Let them just hangin’ on questioning, ‘k?” I serve him my cruelest glare. He shrinks a little. We both then shift to the window threshold and lean on it, tending to look at the scenery outside. Seoul in the midst of May 2010, is full moon tonight and quite windy. I don’t really care. Putting all my attention on what he has just said, and next.

 

“Now you calm down, the music is too loud. No one bothers to hear us,” Hae is cooling me down.

 

“Ok…ok… ” I ask him impatiently, “You heard it from whom?”

 

“Hara.  And Shindong hyeong confirmed…..”

 

I was begun to snap but Donghae conveys, “Chill out….those’re in our randomly talks. I’m sure they’re unaware of it. Then ‘Bro, when will you ask her?” Donghae bites his lower lip. His eyes however, implied tingy things.

 

Imaginations come to my head. Suddenly I feel a spinning mind, my soul is flared and the blood overflows under my skin. Think I have to face it, sooner or later.

 

“But you need to hurry. You’ve noticed Sungmin hyeong has followed her twitter since last month, haven’t you?” Hae seems got so into the twitter world lately. He knows these stuffs. Even before he shocked me, just then he slipped his cellphone back to his trousers’ pocket after twittering.

 

“Mwoo?? Sungmin hyeong?” I make a glimpse at Sungmin hyeong who is sitting comfortably in another corner of the room, stretching his legs. He seems in joy, hands pressing his cellphone buttons in constant speed. Texting someone? Chatting? Tweeting ‘her’?? Hmppp...my flared spirit quickly descends in few levels.

“Donghae-ah, he’s our hyeong. I couldn’t compete with him…,” I sigh. A deep one. Sungmin hyeong is considerably as my elder brother.  He has helped me a lot in the company, group, out-inside my personal life. Gyuri might have happier with him (or, ……other guys).

 

My knees are weakening. I slip down sitting onto the floor, my back lean on the wall. If my hyeong or dongsaeng involved, I may prefer giving up on her.

 

Hae is standing still. He glares at me then follows and resides next to me, firming, “You’re the clever yet the stupidest guy I’ve ever known!”

He folds his hands and says, “Eunhyuk-ah, there’s chance for you. Do you forget the hints she gave you? You two have been chatting and phoning each other, rite? She probably likes you too, you know.”

Exhaling, he aims his head to the Sungmin hyeong direction, “Hyeong could be a Gyuri’s follower but that doesn’t mean he has crush on her. Besides, hyeong is not only following hers.  He’s also following other girls’ twitters. C’mon, don’t be such a quitter!”

 

“So?? It means Sungmin hyeong might up something on her too. And with me, Gyuri’s just being polite. That’s all. She’s maintaining the friend-workingship…,” A limp answers from me. My eyes are begun to blur. The flare is true subsided. Hae can only shake his head at his buddy attitude.

 

A CD player is playing an energetic love song. Such ironic.

 

“What’re they talking about?” Donghae’s voice breaks a moment of silence between us. He is gazing at other course, to Leeteuk, Heechul, Shindong and Yesung hyeong.

I see them. The four are standing in circle closed to the water dispenser, rather distant from others. Seems secretive yet joyful. Their low tone conversations are intervals with chuckles. Kyuhyun and Siwon want to join them but the both get push and beckoned to away. Donghae is surprise seeing this. Me too.

 

However, I ignore them. My mind is filling up with the subjects brought by Donghae. I even did not put attention to Ryeowook’s calling, who pointed my backpack bag. Sorry Wookie, I did not mean it ‘thou.

As the four elders ended their conversation, the dance instructor and Shindong hyeong shout to us, starting for another dance practices. I wobble towards them for further assistance. Responsibility is prime, isn’t?

 

Oh damn…it is my turn. Teaching and leading the packs here, to accustom their body senses, moves and minds on the new dance of one song in our 4th album. Coincidentally, the motion was choreographed by Shindong hyeong and me. We both had worked so hard on this one, making it is not too difficult, y but charismatic.

 

In our early performance, I remember the audience and beloved fans were very pleased watching us, this dance. Screaming and chanting our names excessively, as outcome of some ‘hot and kicking’ dance moves. I am so GLAD and proud, not only to our works but also that we are still loved by them. A big very gamsa fans!

And surely, a huge thanks to my chubby hyeong, Shindong-ssi as my tutor partner.

 

Aarghhh…..my mind is crowded by news from Donghae. What am I going to do?? Think I need another opinion. How I miss Hangeng and Kangin hyeong. A lot. Or, I can phone my noona?

 

#End of Eunhyuk POV#

 

 

“That’s stupid! Another stupidity of goddess…..” I grumble at myself. Why I sms him? I’m sure he’s already knew it from Shindong-ssi. Ohh, babboo Gyuri!

 

It is our breaking times of our pre-recording schedule and I actually concern about my yo-dongsaengs (who are settling sprawl on the various chairs, exhausted and weary), nevertheless, in me, there is another anxiety.

 

I look at these girls and to my cell-phone, back and forth, waiting for a reply. Thought he’ll be happy hearing this, but…..?? Releasing a sigh, I glance at my beige wristwatch in my left hand then to my cellphone. Over and over….still, it is delivered none.

It has been four hours. My afternoon schedule is ruined by this intruder. Where’s distraction when I need it the most??

 

Heesshhh….relax, I calm my self. Don’t expose the anxious to them, my dongsaengs. Yeah, he maybe is super busy. No, it’s not ‘a maybe’. I know, he’s very bound up in his activities.

 

Afterwards, at night… a very late one.

My ring tone has been alerted for three times when I grab it, as I back from the bathroom.

Gyuri = "Anniyeonghasseyoooo....Eunhyuk-ssi?" [For the first greeting, I always use formality].

Eunhyuk = “Annyeong… Gyuri-ah, still awake? I received your sms. Sorry for late response. This tight schedule is sometimes such a charge!”

Gyuri = [Takes more than 5 hours, oppa, but that’s fine….] "It’s ok, I understand. …ngg….if you’re tired, You don't have to---“

Eunhyuk = “…..aiigooo…. I’m on the phone here, let’s just go on…”

Gyuri = “Really??”

Eunhyuk = “no problemo, Gyuri-ah…..really!”

Gyuri = “…hmm…. Okay if you insist..…. Well, have you heard? Shindong-ssi’ve told you?"

Eunhyuk = "Annii, Shindong-hyeong's very busy these days. He might overlook it. Why?”

Gyuri = [Can’t believe it. Nobody informed him? Does Shindong-ssi always forget about his dongsaeng Hyukkie?] "Umm…..you guys're coming here in SSTP on the day after tomorrow!"

Eunhyuk = "No joking! We, Super Junior? ...ohohohooo...FINALLY!"

Gyuri = "It's your turn promoting with me, I mean us! Heheheee…..you sound so excited!" [Eehhh……why I’m happy too?]

Eunhyuk = "I DO!! Because--- ....umm.... heyy, it'll be a very crowded radio show. I think you should bring something! You know, for making the boys keep quiet as much as possible."

Gyuri = "Ow yeah, I already imagined it. Shindong-ssi, Eeteuk-ssi, Heechul-ssi, Yesung-ssi and the rest.....O.M.O.... But, you're the most talkative one, oppa...hehee..."

Eunhyuk = "Heyyyy I'M NOT! Who says dat...no body says I'm the most talkative, you must be haven't met Kangin-ssi, huh??"

Hahahahahaaa......both are laughing together. But then silent....

Eunhyuk = "Gyuri-ah, truth is …….I'm rather sad 'coz of Kangin-hyeong can't join the interview. Same goes with Siwon-ssi and Kibum-ssi. And Hangeng hyeong….. [I hear he takes a deep breath. Ooooh, how sweet of him...]. But on the other hand, I'm super glad 'coz eventually, you can meet all Super Junior’s member, in complete! Well…… almost complete. My brothers're amazing guys, you'll see."

Gyuri = "Alright.... But why you’re so serious at sudden?? ....ngg....some of us have met twice or three times, rite?" [I stuttered, my heart is beating faster].

Eunhyuk = "That's different. There're times, I really...really want them to see, to meet you less formally.....in your daily style kind of....."

Gyuri = "Wae? Ahh, Eunhyuk-ssi....you're making me nervous now....." [A groggily chortle is slipped out of my mouth].

Eunhyuk = "Don't be, please. Just be your self as usual in the show. Is everything ready yet?"

Gyuri = "…ngg…..almost. Finalizing the script, preparing the set, and so on..."

Eunhyuk = "...umm……need a hand for anything?"

Gyuri = [Hearing his stammered doesn't descent my racing heart. I even think he's cute when he did it]. "Nehh. You won’t underestimate me, will you? I can handle this... Thanks. Don't forget, it's the day aft--- "

Eunhyuk = "After tomorrow, ya yaa.... Of course I, we won't forget! It’s impossible to be forgotten. Oh, can not wait! Me and my bros will meet a goddess in the earth! Yiiippyyy..."

Gyuri = "Hehehee…. [Ridiculous oppa]. Then, any suggestion what kinda tools I should bring for defusing the guys?” [He’s affecting me, now I’m become ridiculous too….].

Eunhyuk = "Hmm…I’m thinking about a giant bell, tambourine, or big cymbals, or something..."

Gyuri = "Hahahaahaa..….oh my God…. Hyukk oppa, that would make more crowded?!!”

Eunhyuk = "Yup! That’s the main idea…… hehehehee…..“

 

We continue our tele-con until the next 43 minutes. Eunhyuk-ssi really is included a remover, a person who can easily remove most of my thought burdens. My head slowly feeling lighter with just talking to him.

Later as our talks are ended, sentences and phrases come to my mind. The things have shared by Shindong-ssi..... and those words ; 'Idols'. We both are idols. In our golden era, golden age'. How about our career? Our fans?? Ooosshh….

And now, …ughhh, why he told me those stuffs. Now I feel like I'm going to meet the brothers in law. My heart, ohh…beating so hard and I can feel my stomach ached just now!

Ehh, wot’s my thinkiiiinngg??? WAKE-UP! Hmppp..... I must be eating kimchi too much this morning.

#End of Gyuri POV#

 

By the time Eunhyuk calling on his phone with Gyuri, -he previously walked in hurry, before the others, to get his room for a private talk-, Suju members arrive in their building dorm. Fortunately, the building is rather deserted because the occupants are already slept.

Siwon is not with them, he has his own apartment closed the dorm so he directly headed there minutes ago. Shindong tug him, before he also went to see his girl friend.

Some of the guys are fussing and fooling around onto each other whereas the other is stay in quiet because of the fatigue from today schedules. As they reach the alley to the elevator, Sungmin unexpectedly turns his body, interfacing Leeteuk the leader.

He asks, “So….hyeong, how about the seat positions?” His soft solid tone is revealed. Merely improper, making shocked all the guys particularly to Eeteuk, the person who got question from his dongsaeng.

He gazes at Sungmin, completely blank, ”What’re you saying.....??”

Sungmin tilt his head at one side, “I’m asking about our seat position. The chair seats for SSTP?” His enthusiastic unpredictable eyes are piercing to his hyeong.   

Leeteuk unplugs his earset as a response at his dongsaeng. He wants to hear him clearer, but... ..

“Tcckk….don’t worry, Sungmin-ah. Come….let me to explain it to you,” Heechul snatches into the talks, confronts the dongsaeng, pulling Sungmin’s arm and hugging him to join his way. Both enter the opened elevator, followed by Yesung, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun for going upstairs.

"Yes hyeong, I'll help you clarifying the situation to them...," Yesung perks while the elevator door slowly close.

“…..okaayy……,” Leeteuk utter a tone of ‘yep, that’s our flower boy ‘Heenim’ to Donghae who constantly stands by his mouth agape, noticing peculiar behavior of his Heechul hyeong towards Sungmin. And Yesung hyeong?? It was pretty strange on him.

“So, Donghae, for you….I’ll give the pre-briefing before our promo schedule for SSTP in these couple of days. Trust me, it’s not a surprise nor you won’t be surprise either. We know. Yeah, about hours ago, four of us ….we all have already known.”

The two then walking side by side to other elevator and as the door closed, Leeteuk continue his talks to the dongsaeng. After hearing what leader has just said, Donghae’s face slowly cracked a smile.

You can guess what was Leeteuk said, can’t you?? The SuJu guys will give a rope to Bejeweled Anchovy. Helping him out.

“Hyeong, what’ll you tell him so he won’t get suspicious?” Donghae inquires as the elevator tediously dragged to reach their floor.

“We’ve discussed it. Shindong suggested to persuade him....well, no need a persuasion actually, he must volunteered himself sitting close to her when he find out we'll go there...hehehee.... But we can tell Hyukk that he has to protect Gyuri during our times in SSTP. Bluffing, we’re going to torment and . Thus, he must to sit close next to her so....she can be more comfortable. Not nervous. Free from the noisy dorky boys.” He laughs in high pitch voice, then adds, “We all want Shindong success, don’t we? So, he will success as long as his co-work also doing her job well. Oo and remember, the most importan is we ought to act naturally. Beware of the bora,” Leeteuk explains the ‘Suju elders’ plan to Fishy.

Donghae nods his head few times, remarking, “Woow…..that’s ingenious, hyeong! I’ll support your plans!” He taps his hyeong shoulder happily. “When will you talk to Hyukkie-ah, hyeong?”

“Tomorrow is the best time. Hae,” Eeteuk's thumb is pinpointing to upward, “…the phone he made, it’s with her?”

“Yes, I believe it’s her,” Donghae grins like a Cheshire cat. “Aahhh…..at last, I can see their interaction with my own eyes,” he claps his right fist with his left palm on enthusiastic. Fascinated is all he senses.

"I even arranged what wardrobes will be worn for our precious anchovy -for disarm him, I'll wear similar outfits-. Encoraging him, those would be the best for our 4th album promotion. I think he's more 'manly'  in these outfits.  Besides, goddess's ideal guy type is a manly-macho man, right?" Again he laughs on high pitch.

Hahahahaa...heheheee.... Donghae nods his head and laughs along with his eldest hyeong at same time the elevator doors open, upon getting on their floor.

Ohhooo....Eunhyuk-ssi, you better watch out. The guys of Suju member are planning something for you and yet, I'm sure you'll love this.

 

========

guys ; @sskahino, @honeykeyla, @loveunexpectedly, silent readers, viewers...subcribers...... thanks a bunch for your words, comments and support....(bowing 3 times). It's my latest chapter, hope it's not too boring and lame?? (pleaded face)..

 

your comments are very highly appreciated.....APLENTY THANKS for you all=))).