THE WORD FOR A “PERFECT” MAN

Intermediate Prelude to a Love Story (The HyukRi)

Eunhyuk keeps in mind about a last year moment at a TV studio in west of town ;
 
During the commercial breaks when he passed out from men’s room, unexpectedly he was eaves dropping a conversation of two girls inside the rest room. He never intended it to but something made him unmoved.
 
The door was opened a bit and apparently the girls unnoticed it. The thin wooden walls are in between, so Hyukk can not be seen. It was a surprise, caught them since it was usually seeing the two in so-not serious situation but they, indeed Gyuri and Seungyeon, were in deep talks that night.
 
“YES eonni! That’s a perfect decision. He doesn’t deserve you! That rasc---” Seungyeon whispered in flare but got interrupted by the other girl. 
 
The other girl was Gyul and her voice was barely heard. It was too low, almost a burble.
 
Then, it’s Seungyeon again, “Yeah maybe. He is Jung Min-oppa’s best friend. But despite the fact?! No..noo….I don’t think so.”
 
As reply to her dongsaeng, Gyuri was only burbling.
 
Hyukk muttered, “So, Gyuri HAS a special guy. Has……or, had? Looks like they’re already over??”
 
Then Seungyeon again, “Ya ya yaaa….Jung Min-oppa is a nice person, it’s why he must listen to your version too than only stakes on his best friend. Ughh a guy can make his own-version story, covered it up---“
 
There were foot steps approaching where all of the three were standing…. .
 
Eunhyuk sifted out of the place as fast as he can. He was still shocked, "So, the rumors was closed true. .....but he' Jung Min-shi's best friend?!"

 
 
Back at present time… .
 
“Ok, calm down you monkey, be a strong person for her!"
Hyukk exhales and presses the buttons of his mobile phone numbers.

"..........."

"..........."

"..........."

He listen to the third ring, starting to feel maybe the receiver would not accept his phone when--- .
 
Oh, he calls me……finally! Do I have to rush it in answering his? Uugh…. “Annyeong hasseyo.”
 
“Hi there Gyuri-ah, annyeong… not leaving yet?" Hyukk downs his voice.

And, this butter voice of his… . “Hi Eunhyuk-oppa. Anny, I’m still in my room, preparing clothes….”

Pheww…. Hyukk’s heart is pounding harder as the word –oppa- comes out from .
“Have you breakfast?”
 
“Not yet, …..hm.… maybe later in few minutes.”
 
“Good. Don’t miss your breakfast. It’s dangerous!”
 
“Hehehee….. yeah, I know. Thanks, oppa.”
 
Ahhh that word again….Hyukk feels nearly to be fainted just caused by a word.
“Gyuri-shi…ngg….. Gyuri-ah, about the news…..”
 
“Oh, yeah….that’s.. Well,…..what else can I do….” Gyuri clears .
 
“We… I….I’ve just noticed it, you know. This morning!” Eunhyuk sighs deeply, gazing at ceilings.
 
“It’s fine….. You have noticed it. I only wonder….we only want to know. Why....why we just cut-off like this? Have we done something wrong....mistakes? Whatt?? Why can they just let me now about it, tell us...and then, we can fix it! Ouuhh...... this is...this is....." Gyuri's voice sounds so hurt and hopeless.

"Nah nahh, Gyuri-ah, you can't be like that. We all know how entertainment business is? But please hear this ; I’m sure, VERY SURE….that there’s a BIG plan, bigger than all of us can be thinking of, for you two."
 
"Ah... I really do hope so."
 
“Heyy, I give my words on this! Don’t stop for being optimistic…..”
 
“I know….. Gamsahamnida, Hyukk-oppa.”
 
“Any schedule out of town today?”
 
“Nope. Kara will attend an event at TV studio in east area.”
 
“Ohh….. All of you can attend it?”
 
“Yeah. Nicole got a little headache last nite but she’s recovered this morning…..”
 
“Dat’s great! …..ngg...is it something you need me to do? Just tell me and I will do it right away! I really wish it’ll make you feeling better… ."

"…ngg….really? You want to do something for me…..ehh, us? Both of us?" Ughh, hope he can’t hear my heart is beating so hard!

"Yah, OF COURSE…. for you, and Jiyoung-ah!” He deliberately mentions her first.
 
A moment of silent... .

"Ehm…it’s ok, Eunhyuk-shi.” Her voice changes into a formal tone, “Like you’ve said, there’s something more, bigger plan. Yeah, I believe that also. I’ll find the way and certainly we can manage it later on. We are KARA…..Girls power, remember? We’re strong, so, NO NEED to worry. But ok, I consider this as a promise from you then. No….not now. I’ll convey it later. Thank you very much, I feel better now... ."
 
Hearing hers, Hyukk suddenly can imagine the song of Ne-Yo…..Independent Woman… He smiles. “Nonsense, why you thanks me much? Break a leg for today’s schedule ‘k! Talk to you later.”
 
“Heheee… You too, oppa. Have a wonderful time teasing people at set!”
 
Hyukk catches her smiley voice. “Hahaahaaa…  And don’t forget to our Strong Heart schedule, ok goddess…”
 
Oww, he calls me goddess…he always know how to console me. “Hehehee….sure, I won’t!”
 
“Bye.…...”
 
“Bye…oppa…..”
 
 
 
“YUP. This girl definitely deserves to someone better. A perfect man. Could I be him, the man of her dreams? Ahh, doubtfully….. I’m not that confident.” Eunhyuk pouts, bowing his head.

He is still in automatic mode after the tele-con, just placing things probably need for the day into his backpack while his mind is wandering about the girl whom he has talked to seconds ago. A promise has been made and has to be fulfilled.
 
“The April is coming soon….a sweetest spring, she should be blooming as beautifully as the most beautiful camellia. But from her voice, seems she’s fading already. Aarrghh….I can’t let this happened on her! I must remind Shindong-hyung the day after tommorow.”
Eunhyuk walks rather indolently, getting out of his room.
 
 
At 10.47 p.m. as today schedule ended, he reaches his mobile phone, instantly texting someone ;
EH>> A person needs to be in lower level, so he/she can climb to its top as the Almighty has given her/him the potentials.
Eunhyuk doesn’t expect any replies because knowing the situation and yet, in 9 seconds, his phone beeps, showing an sms has been received.
 
GY>> Gomawoo, Eunhyuk-oppa. Your words’re encouraging. I’m become more optimistic now. On the way back?

No doubt, he immediately replies it ;
EH>> Anny, I’m still on the set. But it’s finished and we all prepare to go home. Yah, not sleeping yet? What’re you doing at this time, ‘eh?

GY>> Not much. Just cross-checking Kara’s schedules, browsing things in net, bla blaa ^__^.
 
EH>> Ah, get some sleeps! Me, Anchovy-oppa, strongly recommends Gyul-goddess to have some night rest & so, her beauty won’t tear apart tomorrow.
 
GY>> Kekekekeee….. Goddess can’t obey anchovy. But to Bejeweled-monkey….maybe she will ;).
 
EH>> Tsskk….ok, this Bejeweled-monkey-oppa sugge--- noo, instructed this Goddess to get some sleeps. A tight ones!
 
GY>> Kekekeeee… Ow, what a furious Bejeweled-monkey-oppa! Ok, Goddess will obey him! =P.
 
EH>> Nice. GN Gyuri-ah. Bye…... blink2.

GY>> Nite 2 u 2 oppa….. bye…wink2  ;-))).
 
 
Without Eunhyuk knows, behind all of it, he should realize how actually Gyuri’s feelings ; her fuzz stands every time she hears his voice, her stomach rumbles when she's accepting his attention……and even, every time she calls him ‘oppa’…..
 
How that word slipped out, skimming through her lips…..how just mentions and hearing his name, can make her smile appears on its own, about how her shoulder suddenly weightless as she only reforms his face –his gummy sweet smile- in her mind…..
 
“Heeeyy Gyuri-ah….my dear goddess, watch out….he is a Casanova. CASANOVA. Keep it reminds! There’s a rumor about it, isn’t?  It's uncertainty about the truth but remember in CTP tv-show last year……the other girl bands and even, we ‘Kara’, ever considered him a Casanova, didn’t we?? How about the girls whom to be said ‘close with him’ ; Hyohyeon, Luna, Kristal, Boram, etc…etc… ‘eh?? They all are sooo pretty! Hmppp..... And who knows, he already has a girl friend at present. One of them, maybe?” Gyuri’s soul is nattering.
 
She shakes her head and lie down on bed in hush, covering herself with a blanket from home.