Me as A HELPER

Intermediate Prelude to a Love Story (The HyukRi)

It is a quiet morning on middle of March 2010 at SuJu Doormitory's living-room which five people are left while the others are already gone out following their schedules.

 

“Whaattt?? Are you sure, hyung??”

 

That news comes as a lightning struck to Eunhyuk, one member of Super Junior (SuJu), a highest rank of a boy band from South Korea. He’s very well-known at his dancing skills, outstanding rap, hilarious spoofs and smart-witty words which currently a regular radio host with his hyung, the ‘SuJu’s Leader‘ Leeteuk, in Sukira.

 

Hyukk’s standing there stunned in the living room, could not believe his ears.

 

“Mwoo.....do you think I'd lie to such things like that?” Shindong glares at his dongsaeng.

 

“So, Gyuri-shi and Jiyoung-shi will be no longer co-hosting in Sukira. But why?? Even you said they’re entertaining and giving cherish atmosphere to the Sukira listeners....”

 

“Yes, I do. But maybe the PDs’ have their own plans for both of Eeteuk-shi and you. Too bad it’s not included the beautiful gals of Kara in there... Sorry Hyukk-ah,” Shindong slightly bows his head.

 

“Aiishh…..true, it is BAD! So sad knowing this….” Hyukk shakes his head, gazing at the other man, “Hyung, don’t you think they’re already hear it… . The girls?”

 

“Dunno…  Maybe…..” The other man, his big brother shrugs his shoulder.

 

“Aiiiiisshhh….. Why you who told me, instead of Eeteuk-shi? He tells me nothing about it!”

 

“Hessshh…don’t put bad thoughts on the Leader! I'm sure he just hasn’t found the rite time to tell you.” Suddenly a smirk is pictured to his face, “But, why you looks very upset, huh?”

 

“..ngg…anniyy….. I just feel like, I have an obligation towards them. It doesn’t make any senses! I got to help!” Eunhyuk, again, shakes his head.

 

“Them ‘eh? Or, only ‘her’?" The big brother looks at his younger brother with something in his eyes. "Actually Hyukk-ah, it’s a good opportunity……”

 

“What do you mean, hyung?” Hyukk blankly stares back at his big bro. “Oh, I see! Your vacant co-host position in SSTP! A duet is a great formula for radio dj-ing, you can't be alone then pick any different person/celebs every time. Would it be so troublesome? She’d be perfect there, a substitute for Kim Shin Young-noona. Yeah, dat’s ….well, my opinion…I’ve been thinking about it for a while when I heard the rumors…..ngg…so, how’s it hyung....wot do you think? Can you talk to the PDs’?” It’s so obvious Eunhyuk is in high-spirited when he’s talking about her.

 

“Who do you mean, Sicca? Hyohyeon? Kristal? Or,…..Jiyoung-shi? Gyuri-shi? Who??” Shindong grins so wide.

 

“Yah hyung……..” Eunhyuk’s face is redden of shyness, “……you know who sh---“

 

Suddenly out of nowhere, Yesung 'another elder brother of his' join in, interrupting the chat. He nudges Eunhyuk's back head then calmly going out side to corridor of their dorm.

 

Behind him, Donghae, ‘Eunhyuk’s closest buddy in SuJu’, is walking along with Ryewook ‘the eternal magnae of SuJu’.

 

"Who the hel---. Ah hyung, please don't making me shocked like that!" Hyukk's touching his back head, bulged-out his eyes at Yesung direction.

Swear, Hyukk can hear Donghae is humming ‘Rock You’, one of famous Kara’s song and Ryewook is chuckle at him too.

 

“Hahahahaa…! You anchovy, what I meant it’s not that vacancy….” Shindong rolls his eyes. “But, ohoo really…. Who do you think it’s better, Shin Young-noona or Gyuri-shi?”

 

“Yah, hyung. Surely it’s her ‘the Goddess’! You know, since our time together in Sukira …..ehmm with Leeteuk-hyung and Jiyoung-shi…..I believe, she’s improved a lot in radio hosting matters. And I mean, A LOT! Come ‘on, please make a call, proceed the radio-host testing and you’ll see…….” Hyukk's eyes are full of shining-hope.

 

“Hey heyy…..ok.. I’ll try to contact the PD. But, dat’s it….nothing more. The rest of the test or things will be decided by her own-capability and the PDs’ of SSTP themselves. No one can intrude the whole process,” Shindong calms his dongsaeng.

 

“Aaah…you won’t regret it, hyung. Gomawoo….,” Eunhyuk exhales, feeling so much better than ever hearing words from his sweet-chubby big bro. “I hope, there’ll be good news.” He then moves to his room, continue to pack his bags for schedule of the day.

 

Who is the girl Hyukk is talking about in that flammable soul? Who is she??

It can’t be another girl, except ‘her’ : Gyul, Park Gyuri, the Leader of Kara (a top idol of girl band from Korea) with her famous image as a goddess because her beauty stupefies every man who sees her. The melodic voice on her sharp-words in counter-attack, can make others laugh. It is known that she, along with magnae, the youngest in Kara, Jiyoung, is the radio co-host every Wednesday in Sukira.

 

“……Rrrrr Rrrr……”

Eunhyuk takes his mobile phone, knowing who's on call, he tries to suppress his thoughts. It’s from Jiyoung.

 

"Annyeonghasseyo Eunhyuk-shi… still in the dorm?”

 

"Annyeong Jiyoung-shi……yeah, I’m in the middle of packing stuffs. ”

 

“Mianhae for interrupting, but….ngg..….is it true? We just knew it last night. Uhh this news is making us sad…….veryyyy saaaadd…”

 

“Gosh! Me too… so sorry hearing it, Jiyoung-ah. I don’t know why it becomes like this….”

 

“We’re so disappointed. Gyuri-eonni will get more difficult in sleeping, it has been 2 days now. Ohh she’s so pale… I’m afraid she’s getting sick."

 

“Aiiggooo…...umm, maybe I’ll call her tonight. Heyy both of you don’t be sad, ok? Keep your high-spirit! Hwaiting!"

 

“Gamsahamnida….. Bye, Eunhyuk-oppa.”

 

“It’s nothing. Bye, Jiyoung-ah. Hwaiting….and smile!”

 

But later on, instead put his phone back to the desk, Hyukk decides to make a call. "OMO, I have to do it ……but…….”

 

He realizes the phone call will make him to hear the word “oppa” from her again. Even after times to times through their sms, chat &/ tele-con to each other, Eunhyuk still has to manage his quivering heart towards the word ‘oppa’. That word indeed has a very special meaning only and only if it’s said by her to him.

 

And although he knows, ‘this –oppa- calling perhaps means none to her, yet he forces himself in getting used to it for being called as ‘oppa’, an elder guy friend….a good-closer one, by Gyuri.

 

“Helloooow thereee, Hyukk-ah, be careful! She is a goddess. A goddess will never fall for an anchovy, like you…. Further more, you’ve heard she’s been hurt before, haven’t you? Perhaps she looks tough, but sure you know she’s vulnerable inside……” His conscious is speaking.