Realization

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

“Is there anything new?” Kai asked breathlessly as he practically ran into the study after being called.

“A few things, we’ve established where she was taken. A bartender recognized her and told us she was there with Daehyun, that’s probably why they got them both” Hyerim’s mom said simply, uncaring of what he would make of that information, regardless after she got Hyerim back he would be out of her life anyways.

“They were at a bar, do you know why?” He asked, forcing himself to stop making assumptions. It didn’t mean anything.

“Not really, but then would two people with a history like theirs really not have any reason?” She commented, studying his facial expressions well, “More importantly, do you recognize this?” She asked as she placed a photograph in Kai’s hands.

His eyes widened as he pulled the photograph over and stared at the ring on it.

“Where did you get this? I gave it to Hyerim. She was wearing it the last time I saw her” He said, unable to tear his eyes off the photograph.

Where had they found it? Was it a bad sign? Did that mean they were done with her? A million questions ran through his mind, each worse than the last.

“We found it in a pawn shop, your ex-girlfriend got a lot of money for this” She said coldly, staring at Kai accusingly.

“Are you trying to insinuate something? I can guarantee I didn’t have anything to do with this and Da Hae didn’t either. I know her, she might be a lot of things, but kidnapping a person?” Kai said as he stood up and slammed a hand on the woman’s desk.

“She’s in a lot of debt you know. I wouldn’t be surprised” She snapped coldly.

“I’ll talk to her” Kai insited.

“You’ll make things worse. We’ve already called the police on her, she’s being brought in immediately” She said calmly.

“I’m telling you she didn’t do anything!” Kai yelled angrily.

“Do you love my daughter? More importantly, does she love you?” She asked suddenly.

“I love her and she loves me, isn’t that what you want from a marriage?” He asked waerily and she nodded to herself.

“You can go see that woman, you might have more luck getting information than the cops” She ordered and though Kai hated being ordered around, he didn’t protest as he ran out.

Hyerim’s mom waited until she heard the last of his footsteps and slid her chair back a couple of inches. She took out a small key and opened the top most drawer in her desk. She pulled out a black folder and took out the consent form she had Hyerim sign the day after her wedding. She stared at her daughter’s hurried signature and knew that the girl hadn’t even bothered to read it. For the first time she had a second thought about what she was going to do.

But she had tried to prevent this. That’s why she had given Hyerim the permission to go back and marry that boyfriend of hers after her marriage was over. It was all so that she wouldn’t fall in love with him and now… either Kai was crazy or Hyerim was a liar and she knew none of those were true. So this left her in that awkward position fo having to force her daughter apart from someone she loved again.

“Mr. Kim, please start the documents of the hostile acquisition of my daughter’s husband’s company. Since she automatically owns some shares and after what we paid to bail them out, it should be a relatively simple process” She spoke evenly.

“We need your daughter to—“ The man began before she the black folder ot him.

“That’s her waiver of company rights, we can do what we want and after their divorce it will be final”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai walked through the metal detector and collected his things on the other side. He was given a visitors pass and he waited in a shabby looking waiting room. The chairs were hard and he was apprehensive as he glanced over the type of people waiting there. They all gave him hostile stares as if they simply knew he didn’t belong here. Of course, that was probably due to his clothes. He found himself waiting over an hour until finally an old cop called him over to the front desk.

“You here to see the girl?” He asked in a monotone voice, clearly he couldn’t care less.

“Yeah I’m here to see Da Hae” Kai responed a bit offended, the girl? Did they really not care about her at all? How long would it take to get this sorted out?

He nodded and ignored Kai’s tone. Instead he waved him to follow him and they went down a long corridor. A detective stepped out and stared at Kai as the cop led him over to the very same door.

“You the husband of the victim?” He asked.

Kai felt something ominous when they referred to Hyerim as a victim, as if they had already given up on her.

“Yeah”

“You got yourself mixed up with a bad woman kid. Shame your wife had to pay” The detective said, fishing for any reactions. At this point, they hadn’t completely ruled out the husband yet.

This is why he hated dealing with rich people. They kept everything  hidden until the very last minute and then surprise the daughter and heir to one of the biggest companies today is missing, find her. They expected too much.

“It wasn’t her” Kai said though he had a felling they had already passed jdugement on her.

“Sure it wasn’t. Let him in” He said as he stepped into the room next door and Kai was left in the interrogation room alone with Da Hae.

She looked up, her eyes red and teary and she had her arms warpped around herself.

“You came!” She exclaimed in relief as more tears collected and she sobbed, “I don’t know what they’re talking about! They’re blaming me for Hyerim’s disappearance!”

“What were you doing with her ring Da Hae?” He asked seriously, taking a seat in front of her and paying close attention to her expressions.

“Ring? What ring?” She asked, her eyes wide with confusion.

“They found the ring you pawned off. I need to know how you got it so that we can clear up this misunderstanding” He explained gently.

“Wasn’t it my ring though?” Da Hae whispered, an edge to her words that surprised Kai.

“I promised I would give it to the woman I love and I gave it to Hyerim. Why did you have it?” He asked a bit more forcefully this time, his patience was running thin today.

“I didn’t! I mean, I did! I found it at your house and I just took it alright?!” She cried out tearfully, “Why are you doing to me? Do you love her so much you’re just willing to throw me into the fire?!”

Kai stared at her and sank into his chair. He ran a tired hand through his hair and looked into her eyes angrily. He knew there had been nothing there. He had combed the entire house looking for any clues and he would have noticed if Hyerim had left that ring. Of that he was one hundred percent sure and yet here she was lying about it. He shut his eyes tightly as the truth he didn’t want to accept knocked down his denial.

“You know where they are don’t you?” He asked in a low tone, his fists clenched tight and his heart full of disgust at the woman he had just defended less than an hour ago.

“I just told you I found the damn ring!” She screamed, panic setting in as her hands shook uncontrollably. He knew she was lying.

“If I don’t find Hyerim, if she’s not back safely, I swear you're going to rot in jail for the rest of your life!” Kai yelled standing up so quickly he knocked the chair back out of anger.

The crash echoed across the room and her face contorted in fear and worry.

“I swear I didn’t do anything!” She yelled.

“Tell them where she is! Tell them now!” He screamed going over to her and gripping her arms so painfully she cried out.

“Alright kid you’re done” The same detective that had spoke to him before said as he walked in leisurely and grabbed Kai by the arm.

“I’m not done! She knows!” He screamed as he lunged forward, only to be held back by the cop.

“He’s right though” The detective said as he slid a look towards the panic stricken girl huddled up on the chair, “As soon as I finish dragging him out we’re done negotiating”

They both stared at her as she cried and shook her head whispering her innocence over and over again. The detective shrugged and dragged a fighting Kai all the way to the door. He pulled the door open so hard it slammed on the wall and he pulled Kai out, they were almost out when her voice stopped them.

“What kind of deal are we talking about?” Her cold voice rang out.

Her eyes were still teary, but there was no longer any sort of expression there. She was no longer huddled in the small chair, but her feet were stretched out and her arms were crossed across her chest, a dead look in her eyes. The detective glanced at the man who had gone completely still in his hold, the shock must’ve hit him hard. He looked again at the impatient woman. He finshed pushing Kai out of the way, he no longer resisted, in fact he could see his face turning a little green.

“Good choice and it depends on what you have to tell us” He said cheerily as he slammed the door shut in Kai’s face and took a seat in front of the ruthless woman that had hidden behind the façade of a scared girl.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I reached 100 subscribers!!! That's pretty awesome I've now hit all personal goals for this fic I'm officially just happy XD It makes me want to start on a new one, actually I've been resisting the urge to start a new one, but I kept getting ideas! I'm going to have to think hard on who to make the main guys in it, there's just so many kpop biases... it's so hard to choose T__T

Anyways, thanks so much for subscribing and commenting! Here's the cutest gif on earth as 100 subscribers celebration ;)