Instincts

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

 

“Ah… don’t you feel weird?” I whispered as we walked back home from the movies.

“I feel cold?” Kai joked as he held my hand tighter and pulled me closer against him.

“No that’s not it stupid. I just feel … I don’t know” I said as I looked around suddenly.

“I think the movie probably just creeped you out” He teased.

“Yeah… probably” I said quietly, wishing that we were home already.

~~~~~~~~

I stirred in Kai’s arms, the sound of my cellphone echoing in the dark. I reached out blindly and answered sleepily, it was 2:00am

“Ma’am sorry to bother you so late, but we have your boyfriend here and he’s causing some trouble here. If you don’t come get him soon we’ll be forced to get the cops” A strange male voice spoke.

“My boyfriend…?” I asked in confusion as I sat and looked to my right to see Kai sleeping soundly.

“Yes, do you not know Mr. Jung Daehyun?” The man asked and I blinked in surprise.

I looked at my caller ID to see it was indeed Daehyun’s cellphone. I was about to answer when I heard a crash in the background of the bar and Daehyun’s faint voice carried over.

“Where is this?” I asked as I slipped from bed and quietly sneaked out of the bedroom.

“This is the Blue Moon bar” The man said, a flicker of annoyance after another crash rang out.

“I’ll be right there” I said quickly.

I glanced back at Kai who was sleeping and decided to not wake him up. I ran to my room and pulled out a large sweater and pulled some running shoes on. I hesitated and looked back towards where Kai slept. I crept back quietly and walked around his side of the bed. I leaned in and pressed my lips softly against his cheek. He stirred slightly and I smiled. I’d be back before he even knew it I consoled myself; he probably never even had to know I went to get Daehyun. I ran out and grabbed my keys as I ran out of the house and raced into the car, quickly locking the doors as soon as got in. I started the engine and put the directions into the gps.

I finally arrived at my destination. I gaped at the shabby bar as I looked for parking. Some letters we gone and it now read Blu Moo. The paint seemed to be chipping off and I was suddenly a little angry at Daehyun, how could he come to a place like this? How did he even sneak in? I frowned and stopped as I waited for a couple of men to stumbled on past before I finally stepped out and inside the bar quickly. The smell of thick smoke and liquor hit me hard as I headed to the drinks area. I looked like a mess compared to some of the women there, granted they weren’t wearing much and I was still in half pajamas, but still.

“Are you here for him?!” A man yelled from behind the bar as he pointed to a slumped over figure.

“Yeah!” I yelled as I quickly went over to them.

Daehyun laid half on top of the counter, reeking of alcohol. He rolled his eyes up at me and waved me away.

“Get her away” He slurred waving his arm towards me.

“I’ll get him out. I’d appreciate if none of this was taken to the authorities? I can pay for any damage he might have caused” I hurriedly said as I pulled out a piece of paper and pen, “Here’s my name and number just give me a call and we can settle this later please?”

“Fine just get him out” The man said as he took the piece of paper and I bowed in thanks.

I struggled with Daehyun as he fought me while I tried to pull him out of the chair.

“F-FINE! I’M COMING DAMN” He screamed angrily as he shot up and stumbled into me, then laughed. I sighed as I pulled him along ignoring the looks we got until we were finally outside.

Daehyun ran into the wall and slid to the ground. I stared at him with pity and knelt beside him. I bit my lip as I placed a hand on his hair and brushed his hair back. His eyes closed for a while and opened again.

“… Why are you here?” He muttered, “Don’t you have a husband to… care… it”

“You know if you get into trouble with the law they can take awyay your scholarships?” I asked while pulling him into a sitting position. The wind blew coldly and I placed my hands on his cheeks. I needed to get him home.

“I don’t CARE!” He said with a laugh as he spread his arms out suddenly like he was about to fly.

“Don’t be stupid. Don’t throw away your future for stupid people” I said gently as I pulled the edges of his black leather coat closer to him.

I looked at his cheek and noticed he had a small cut on it probably from the wall. A small drop of blood seeped out and grabbed a handkerchief from my bag and gently wiped it away.

“Are you stupid because you stopped loving me?” He asked in a sudden moment of clarity.

“Yes… I think so I gave up an amazing man, but now isn’t the time. It’s freezing I need to get you at least into my car. I can’t send you to your mom drunk” I said with a worried smile.

“I missed you” Deahyun said as he leaned on me and I helped him stumble into a standing position.

“Do you need help miss?” A man said from behind us.

“No thanks” I said politely as I pulled Daehyun along.

“I think you do, he looks too heavy for a girl like you” He said in what seemed like a friendly tone but had an undertone of danger.

“I said no thank you” I insisted again as I held onto Daehyun tighter and pulled him along. We were only a couple of feet away from my car.

“You’re too rude aren’t you Hyerim?” A man asked coming up from behind the car and I felt my blood run cold.

“Should we go on a trip?” Said the one behind us and felt Daehyun stir.

“Get the hell out of here man she said no” He swore as he took a blind swing and stumbled forward completely missing the target.

“What do you want? Money? My wallet is in my car” I said calmly trying to figure out some sort of plan.

“Ooh you’re smart, but we’re not interested in pocket change” He said with a sneer as he pulled a cloth from his pocket and doused it in the liquid from a bottle.

I suddenly screamed as I tried to run, but the man from the car had run up behind him and held my arms painfully behind my back. I screamed again as I struggled against the hold on me, I reared and knocked my head back into the face on the man behind me who groaned in pain and bent my arms so far back I thought they would snap. I cried out as Daehyun stumbled up and rammed against the man coming towards us. They struggled on the ground, Daehyun was no match in the state he was in.

“Leave him alone!” I screamed.

“YAH! Just get him along we might get more I think it’s her boyfriend. Hurry up head!” The man barked from behind me and I watched as he jammed the cloth in Daehyun’s face and he collapsed in a second.

“I can pay you!” I tried again desperately as the man kicked Daehyun off of him and poured more liquid on the cloth.

“We know honey” He said with a sick grin he pressed the wet cloth against my face. I felt a sort of acidic odor rise into my nose and down into my chest. I felt the world spin uncontrollably and darkness spread in from the edges of my vision.

I muttered something, but I couldn’t even tell what I wanted to say. I felt myself being picked up and I reached out weakly for Daehyun as they dragged him away with us.

~~~~~~~~~~

Da Hae laid in bed and was woken up by a sudden phone call. She pushed the covers off and with a yawn picked up the phone.

“We got her” A gruff voice said on the other side of line.

She heard a car door slam in the distance and the urge to smile briefly passed by.

“So we’re good then?” She asked now fully awake.

“As soon as we can get our money then yeah we’ll be good. Any preference on her welfare?” The man asked as a car engine came to life.

“Do what you want, just get your money and leave me alone” She answered quickly.

“Fine, we also got her boyfriend” He commented proudly.

“Boyfriend?!” Da Hae asked a sudden strike of worry coming over her, they got Kai?

“Yeah some blond drunk kid she came to get” He said

“Oh, I want to see her once” Da Hae said with a hint of arrogance.

“Why?” The man asked defensively. This was his money ticket and he wasn’t willing to give it up.

“Don’t worry. I would never get in the way. I just… want to get one last look at her” She said a smirk sitting plainly on her face as she laid back into her pillows and resolved to pay Kai a visit.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright my last update for this weekend! Hope you guys had a fun weekend :) I'm glad I actually made it to three! Hope you guys enjoyed it and thanks for leaving comments! ^_^