The Ending

The Very Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day rolled in as other days did. The evening was special . As the sun sank down behind the buildings , it marked the start of something new. You arrived with your parents at school when the clock struck six. In your graduation clothes , a toga and your mortarboard cap. Holding onto your fathers arm , you stepped into the auditorium for the last time and guided your parents to your seat. You then left for your own seat.

Myungsoo was surprisingly early.He smelt good too.You didn't tell him that of course. Things were still awkward between the two of you after yesterday's event.Suddenly , the school song played out of the speakers , a cue for the students to start singing. You couldn't be bothered so you decided to lip sync. After about three minutes of torture to the ear , the ceremony began.

Myungsoo stood from his seat and gracefully leaped down the steps and onto the podium.

He started again at the speech he planned yesterday.

"Good evening fellow students , teachers and parents , I , Kim Myungsoo will be addressing a short speech about the years that I have spent learning in this amazing school. From the first year of High school to the third , I have been studying at high standard to achieve my targets."

You learnt his speech off by heart , but the next part caught you off guard since it was different to what was rehearsed earlier.

"But the truth is , I've learnt that the people around you really do affect the way you end up. If you are one of those popular jocks , people will stereotype you as being 'dumb'. There are also no such things as pretty nerds , but I believe these type of stereotypes need to be dismissed. I , am one of those jocks , but am I dumb ? I surely hope not. And as for a pretty nerd , I have met one. I shall not mention her name since I do not want to embarrass her but I am sure she knows that I am talking about her."

You looked at Nayoung who was (very) unfortunately sitting only a few seats beside you.She giggled and nudged the girl next to her whilst pushing her chest forwards , the stance of a proud rooster.

"I am very grateful for those who have influenced my life in the very ways they did. Over the past few days , I have also made new friends with people who I think have affected my life very deeply recently. These names will no longer stay hidden , as I think they need to receive some recognition. to Kim Sunggyu , Jang Dongwoo , Lee Tara,Nam Woohyun, Lee Howon, Lee Sungyeol and Lee Sungjong , I thank you for making my last days enjoyable."

Your heart sank to the deeps of the Marianas trench when he dsnt mentione your name.You realised it was stupid of you to depend on love.It was true that love was blind , affecting you in the process and caused you to have high expectations.

"But a special individual shout out to Park ____. For being the reason why I try so hard. For always being there for me ever since the third year of middle school.My last three years of education has not gone to waste since I have met an amazing group of people who I am sure will continue to support me no matter what. Although this may be farewell , it is temporary for I expect to meet everyone sitting in this room at a reunion sometime in the future. Well this is supposed to be a brief speech so I will end it here , and once again , good evening ladies and gentlemen."

For the second time tonight , the crowd erupted in noise as people clapped for Myungsoo and the memorable speech he had just delivered. Myungsoo made his way back into his seat and avoided all eyes in the process. You were too stunned to look at him. Stunned at the fact that although you had only been talking to you for a week but he already regarded you as someone special.

The entertainment section went by quickly and applauses were sent through the audience.

"Now , for the academic achievements of the school year. The first category is the 'top scorer'. In first place , a name familiar to us , Kim Myungsoo !" For the second time tonight, he stood at the stage receiving the prestigious award.

"In second place , Kim Soya !" A brunette made her way onto the stage and stood on the other side of the head master , with a certificate and prize in hand.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter