Day 6 of Jessica’s Mission

9/22
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nana found herself wondering why Jessica had not come to see her. She couldn’t even find her soul wandering near her own body which was still in a state of comatose inside the hospital. Nana had searched everywhere for Jessica, but she couldn’t seem to find her. It was as if Jessica had given up on the mission that she was bent on accomplishing.

‘What happened to her?’ Nana asked herself.

“Hey there!” a familiar voice called out to her from behind startling her a little.

“Oh…You scared me!” Nana turned to see the tall figure of a man smiling at her.

She later found herself in a tight embrace which made her cheeks turn red. Her heart raced as the hug seemed to last forever. Her arms found their way onto Taeyeon’s back as she returned the hug. Their moment seemed to last forever and Nana found it hard to let go. When they finally pulled away, Taeyeon saw the worried look on Nana’s face.

“What’s wrong, Nana?” Taeyeon asked with concern.

“Uh…” Nana was unsure of what to answer, but there was this guilt that was eating her up inside. She can’t keep the curse a secret forever and she has to tell him about Jessica as well.

“Taeyeon…I have something to show you…” Nana grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and dragged him all the way to the hospital. The young man was confused at her sudden action.

“Nana, where are we going?” Taeyeon was bothered by her sudden actions as Nana led him through the hallways of the large edifice. Taeyeon became familiar with his surroundings as they passed by a few corridors leading ultimately towards the ICU. He had been here a few days before when he had made sure that Jessica would be fine.

They stopped in front of a room where a glass pane revealed a young woman serenely sleeping amidst the medical contraptions attached to her body. Taeyeon’s eyes widened in surprise when he saw the lady that Nana had planned on introducing to him. He turned towards Nana whose expression seemed unreadable as she gazed upon the comatose patient lying vulnerably in bed on the other side of the glass window.

“What’s the meaning of this, Nana?” Taeyeon wanted answers as he stared at the seemingly dazed girl whose eyes were locked onto the unconscious patient in the room.

Nana saw Jessica’s ghostly figure sitting beside her own body. The beautiful apparition was holding her body’s unmoving hand as she serenely watched herself succumb to the ventilator’s support. Nana found herself feeling bad for the person she had pledged to help.

She turned to the young man standing beside her. “Taeyeon…It might be a little strange to you but I have to tell you that this is Jessica…The one you’re seeking to thank for helping you land a job.”

Surprise overcame Taeyeon. He couldn’t believe the words coming from Nana’s mouth. He couldn’t simply connect the fact that the person who helped him land a new job has been unconscious for days and has been relying on machines to live.

“You’re kidding me, right?” Taeyeon was trying his best to keep the atmosphere light.

Nana shook her head. She knew she had to tell Taeyeon about the truth because sooner or later, the truth will reveal itself and things might become chaotic once it unveils the secrets. She had to help Taeyeon face the truth despite the huge chance of losing him forever.

“I’m telling the truth. And I have another thing to reveal to you…” Nana was preparing herself to unveil her secret to the young man before her. She inhaled deeply before continuing, “I can see ghosts an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter