Chapter 7

Loving You with a Broken Heart

 

YoonA and Seohyun had been looking at Tiffany ever since she came back. Actually, Yul was also looking at her, but he tried to make it less obvious. 
 
YoonA mouthed to Seohyun whether they should tell Jesse about this or not. Seohyun shook her head. Seohyun knew if they told Jesse about this, he would go furious and ran to find Yul. At the end, the problem would grow bigger. So, she decided to stop and watch how everything will go.
 
Three of them, YoonA, Seohyun and Yul, had a difficult time to concentrate in the lesson. Each of them was busy with their own thoughts. 
 
“Class dismissed. Don’t forget to do your homework.”  The teacher’s voice brought three of them back to their consciousness. 
 
Tiffany quickly got up from her seat. Actually she planned to run away, because she couldn’t stand being in the same room with Yul any longer, rather than, she lost control and did something that she would regret towards Yul, it was better that she avoided him. But someone stopped her. When she turned around she saw Onew. He dragged her out.
 
“Where are we going?” Tiffany tried to get out from Onew’s grip and stumbled because she tried to keep up with Onew’s pace.
 
“Meeting Ms Lee. Besides I know that you can stand any longer in class.” Onew smiled sincerely. He then let go his grip, afraid that it might be awkward.
 
Tiffany just let out a simple ‘oh’ and felt relieved because there’s someone who helped her with her problem with Yul. She also didn’t forget to smile to show her thanks. However, she was still hurt from Yul’s attitude.
 
Yul saw this and he felt a tug in his heart. It’s really uncomfortable but he couldn’t do anything. He looked at Tiffany, not even once he looked away from her. He saw that Tiffany was looking at him, before she got out of the classroom. He could see the pain in her eyes. He’s also in pain, looking at that. No matter how hard his brain asking him to move and chase her and beg for her forgiveness, he just stood still, not moving at all. 
 
YoonA and Seohyun were busy packing their books. Although they’re packing, Seohyun put all of her senses on use, in case there’s a fight starting, especially between YoonA and Yul.
 
Then, YoonA remembered something. She actually didn’t know what her homework was. She quickly turned around and asked her friend.
 
“Hyomin, what’s our homework?” YoonA stopped her friend from going home.
 
“The exercise on page 35-36.” Hyomin said before she walked away.
 
“Thanks.” YoonA raised her hand and waved goodbye.
 
When YoonA turned back, she saw Seohyun and Yul. Seohyun had just finished packing, while Yul was standing looking at the door, with a sad face. But after a while, he changed into his nonchalant look and looked calm. 
 
Speaking of Yul, this really made YoonA angry. How could a guy like him exist? Can’t he just ask for forgiveness from Fany? She really couldn’t understand Yul. For a while, he looked sad but just in a second his face showed like nothing happened. 
 
“Hyun, where’s Fany?” YoonA asked, but her gaze fixed on Yul. Seohyun could sense anger in her voice.
 
“She went out with Onew. She is going to meet Ms Lee, asking what punishment should be given to Yul oppa.”
 
“Speaking of the devil...” YoonA walked towards Yul. “Why can’t you say sorry to Fany? Do you know that she’s the one who is always on your side when the whole class is against you? And this is how you treat her. Even if you feel that you’re right, at least show a tint of regret on doing those pranks.”
 
“Unnie. Let’s just stop, okay. I believe Yul oppa also felt sorry for the thing that is happening.” Seohyun held YoonA’s arm before YoonA could go further.
 
Yul kept mum and slung his bag. He walked out of the door as if nothing happened. He didn’t even look at YoonA. But YoonA looked at him angrily.
 
“Are you mute or deaf?? Can’t you at least answer me?” YoonA shouted. Yul didn’t even bother to turn around. He pretended that he didn’t hear YoonA’s shouting at all.
 
“Let’s go home, unnie.” Seohyun said and quickly dragged YoonA out of the room, before YoonA decided to run after Yul and started a fight.
 
***
 
“Stupid!!! Stupid!!! Stupid!!! Can’t you just say sorry to her?” Yul shouted, throwing the basketball onto the floor frustratingly. He sat on the floor, slightly gasping for air. Ever since, he reached the basketball court, he quickly grabbed a basketball and dribbled around the court.
 
“Why did you let your ego stopped you from asking for her forgiveness?” Yul continued to scold himself.
 
“You make someone angry, huh?” A tall tan girl walked towards Yul. She smiled confidently, while holding one basketball on her right arm.
 
“Noona. How could you be here?” Yul looked up and stared the older girl. Yul was surprised that she’s suddenly here.
 
She’s his senior. She is also a good basketball player that the school had before she graduated. If you wonder who is the best match for Yul in the basketball field? Then, the answer is her.
 
“Of course I can. My school is just next to yours. I can come here whenever I want. Besides, there isn’t anyone that could compare to your skill. So, it is better that I look for my best partner for my training.” She grinned happily. She walked towards Yul and sat beside him.
 
“So, what actually happened that make you this frustrated?” She looked at him and waited for his answer.
 
“Noona, you know that I love to play pranks right?” The latter just nodded her head.
 
“Tiffany had warned me to stop, but I never listen. Then, one of the parents complained. Being such a good asset for this school, the principal decided not to punish me himself. So, he asked Onew, our class president, to give the punishment. Then this Onew told Tiffany and she was really angry. The worst part was I didn’t feel that I did something wrong. So in the end, Tiffany went angrier than before.” Yul told her everything. “So, here I am, totally feel guilty for what I’ve done.” He sighed.
 
“I see. I bet Jesse hasn’t known yet.” She chuckled. “If he knew, he must be already here to kill you.”
 
“SooYoung noona, what should I do?” Yul desperately whined. “Truthfully said, I really didn’t feel any regret in doing those pranks. I have my own reason for those. But, I don’t want Tiffany to hate me.”
 
“Just go to her house and say sorry to her or just tell whatever reason for you to do those pranks. Simple and easy. You don’t need to tell her whether you feel any regret or not.” SooYoung calmly stated. “You said you’re guilty but for what? Guilty for doing your pranks, I don’t think so.”
 
“It’s easier to say than done, noona.” Yul sighed. “I feel guilty for making her sad, that’s all.”
 
“Of course, it’s easier to say. Haha.” SooYoung chuckled. “Then, it’s you who is looking for problem. You know doing those pranks making her sad but still you keep on doing it.” 
 
“You’re not helping, noona.” Yul frowned at her.
 
“Told you, the best way, is just pick up all your courage and say sorry to her.” SooYoung tried to convince him.
 
“Ah, I don’t know. Let’s just see how everything will go on.”
 
“You’re always like that. If you don’t say what you feel or how is your thought, others won’t know. In the end, you’ll be the one who is misunderstood by others.”
 
“Just let it be like that.” Yul calmly stated. But inside his heart, he’s afraid losing his friend that he trusted very much, Tiffany. 
 
“I give up. You’re really stubborn.” SooYoung got up from her seat and started to shoot the basketballs to the hoop.
 
***
 
Meanwhile, Jesse was sitting on a bench under a shady tree. It’s his and Tiffany’s favourite place in their high school. It’s a good place for him to sleep and for Tiffany to study. So, before he graduated from there, they always spend their recess and lunch time there. 
 
Jesse was waiting for Tiffany to come out, while reading a book. Jesse’s presence caused everyone that came out, looking at him, you know especially his fan girls. Some of his fans even stopped, just to look at him, which is now making a crowd around him. He felt annoyed with their presence because they just disturbed his reading time. He raised his head and put down his book. He put the coldest stare ever, to all of his fans and slowly they started to scurry away. This is much better. Now, he feels contented and relieved. Now,I just need to wait for Fany.
 
He continued his reading. He felt that it’s been quite a while but why his sister hadn’t come out yet. So he looked around whether there’s anyone left in the school yard to be asked of his sister whereabouts. He wandered around the yard hoping to find someone that he could ask for. However, he couldn’t find any. He decided to go back to where he was before. On his way there, he saw two female students walked out of the building towards the gate, one of them looked familiar to him. I hope they’re not those fan girls.
 
“Excuse me.” Jesse shouted from where he was, afraid they would be gone by the moment he reached there.
 
The two girls turned around. Jesse was quite surprised seeing the girl that he met on the park was right in front of him. Such a coincidence like this, do exist.
 
“Hey, Jesse oppa.” The girl greeted with a smile on her face. 
 
“Hi. Never thought that you study here too. By chance, do you know Tiffany?” Jesse said kindly, which sort of stunned the friend of the girl.
 
“Of course I do. I’m her classmate.” The girl proudly said.
 
“Great. Did you see her?” Jesse asked. His look suddenly changed, like he just remembered something that he forgot.
 
“Oh sorry, I forgot to ask for your name.” Jesse apologized and was sort of ashamed because he had just lost his manner. How could he forget to ask her name when he was asking for help?
 
“It’s okay, oppa. I’m Eunjung.” Eunjung smiled and continued. “The last time I saw her, she was with Onew. I heard about ‘going to teacher room’ and ‘Ms Lee’.”
 
“Thanks. I gotta go and find her.” Jesse bowed and walked towards the building. After Jesse was quite far away, Eunjung’s friend started to talk.
 
“Wow, Jesse oppa treated you very kindly.” Eunjung’s friend amazed. “Never see him like that before. I guess, asking for your help is the best.”
 
“Being evil, that’s my specialty.” Eunjung smirked. “I’ll make your wish come true, my friend. Destroy both of the Jungs’ happiness.” She took a last look of Jesse who was running to the building. Then, she turned around and proceeded her walk with her friend.
 
***
 
Jesse walked along the corridor. He was walking while reminiscing his past. He smiled. How I missed being together with Tiffany all the time, seeing Yul’s antics and pranks, Yul’s fight with YoonA, and Seohyun and Tiffany that try to calm them down all the time, it’s really funny. SooYoung, Yul’s friend, always joins us too. She is also a funny person. And speaking of SooYoung, I haven’t met her yet since I’ve graduated.
 
When he was going to turn around, he stopped. Suddenly, his chest hurt very much. He put his hand on the wall to slow him down, in case he fell down. He kneeled down and held his chest. He gasped and breathed heavily, trying to calm down his heart. Sweats started to form on his forehead and his face turned pale. He couldn’t hear anything except his heartbeat. He didn’t realize that there’s sound of footsteps coming towards him. 
 
“Jesse, are you okay?” Gyuri asked, holding his arms. She saw the sweats on his forehead. Therefore, she started rummaging her bag to find a tissue. She took out the tissue and wiped the sweats on Jesse’s forehead. Jesse started to get his consciousness back, and he heard what Gyuri had said. But he’s still weak to reply her. 
 
“Oppa, is that you?” he heard the voice that he wouldn’t ever fail to notice. He never knows that this situation will come that fast. The situation where Tiffany found out about his sickness, just thinking about that, fear and guilt started to form deep in his heart.