Chapter 12

Loving You with a Broken Heart

Author's note: first of all, forgive me for taking such a long time to update. hopefully, you guys can forgive me for that. This chapter, I think it's quite short and not really well written, hopefully that wouldn't be happening on the next chapters. It's quite busy lately. Hopefully, I could update this more often. And suddenly, I have an idea for kinda action fanfic for our SNSD. Still thinking on making it genderbender or not. So... if you guys can, please comment on whether I should make my another fanfic a genderbender or not, okay? Thanks and have fun reading.

That day after school, Jesse was walking out of the gate before he listened to Kangin and Siwon conversation about Tiffany. He didn’t understand why suddenly both of the troublemakers starting to talk about his sister. He felt like they did that on purpose as if knowing that he’s there. So he couldn’t help but listen to their talk. All he heard was no good words, just insults and it made him fuming. The last word that they said made Jesse totally angry. Didn’t think of anything else, he pushed Kangin to the wall the moment they made their way out, punching him on the face. How dare him to call his sister a b**** and a s***. If he’s going to be punished so be it. If they insulted him, most probably he would just stay still, but when it came to his sister it was impossible.

Then, he felt a force pulling him back and a punch landed on his face. He saw Siwon from his blurry vision. After everything went clear, he got up and punched Siwon as well for a few times. He wasn’t scared if he was outnumbered or even if he was going to have an attack on his heart, not being able to defend his own sister was what would him the most. From his peripheral vision he could see people started to gather around them, both the high-school students and the junior-high students. He didn’t feel someone hitting him on the back and all he could hear was just the ranting from Kangin which he believed that people must have stopped the latter. Soon, arms started pulling him off Siwon which he pushed away with all of his strength and punched Siwon again. He didn’t know what made him so strong at that moment, maybe it’s because of the rage that made no one could stop him.

“Stop...”

The word silenced everyone and Jesse froze on spot. He decided to stop since it’s Tiffany who asked him to do so. However, he saw what Siwon had done, mouthing those bad words about his sister again. Instantly, it brought his rage back again and landed a punch again.

Of course, Yul who saw this didn’t want to miss it. Yul tried to break people who were trying to hold Jesse back, all of that simply because of he knew that Jesse wouldn’t hit someone without a solid reason and to be able to make Jesse as angry as this, he should give a salute to that person who was Siwon and maybe Kangin too.

“Yul, don’t tell me you too..” Tiffany stressfully said as she needed to stop two guys now instead of her brother only.

In the end, Tiffany bravely walked towards Jesse without a slight doubt. His brother would listen to him, right? She felt like her brother wasn’t supposed to do that no matter how bad it was. Things shouldn’t be solved with violence.

So before another punch landed to Siwon’s face, Tiffany was already standing in between those two guys, pushing Jesse back. Jesse glared had at Tiffany, feeling totally betrayed. She’s not supposed to side with Siwon and Kangin.

“Move away...” Jesse warned with his serious glare at Tiffany. He was in rage.

Tiffany actually felt slightly scared from the glare and how angry Jesse was. She took a deep breath and gulped down. She then shook her head.

“No...”

Jesse gritted his teeth. He couldn’t do anything, not with the risk of might hurting Tiffany in the process.

“So... now you’re taking your side with them?” Jesse asked with disappointment clearly shown in his face.

“Oppa... I just feel what you do is wrong.” Tiffany reasoned and those words clearly hurt Jesse.

Jesse nodded and lowered his arms. He turned around and just walked away.

“Hyung... you’re just going to go away?” Yul asked Jesse who the latter didn’t bother to answer.

Jesse walked away with his head hung low. He felt betrayed by Tiffany, the person that he trusted the most.

“Thank you, Tiffany.” Siwon and Kangin said at the same time. Eunjung just smirked behind the crowd. Her plan was successful and she believed those two troublemaker would definitely thank her for that although they were slightly injured from the plan but the main goal was to destroy those two relationship so a little sacrifice wouldn’t hurt much.

Tiffany just smiled weakly. She knew that she had upset Jesse. She didn’t mean things to turn this way but she needed to stand to what’s right.

“It’s okay, unnie. I believe Jesse oppa wouldn’t be upset after some time.” Seohyun tried to cheer Tiffany up.

“Fany-ah, why don’t you support what Jesse hyung did? you clearly know that he wouldn’t do that with no reason.” Yul told Tiffany his thought.

“I also have my own reason Yul.” Tiffany replied weakly, totally in no mood of talking right now. “I’m going back first...”

SooYoung, Yul, Seohyun and YoonA watched Tiffany’s walking back. They just knew it by themselves of what happened. Both of them were stubborn and they had their own principle. They also knew that Jesse sometimes fought because of that but it was never this bad. Maybe this fight could be counted as the worst of all.

***

Jesse slammed the door and threw his bag to the bed. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. He curled up his fist before he winced in pain. He looked at his knuckles which were injured from the punch that he did to Kangin and Siwon. However, the pain on his fist wasn’t as bad as what he felt in his heart.

Why... why Tiffany couldn’t understand that I did this for her. Why she was so blind over everything. It’s not like I did this with no reason at all. Jesse was raging in his mind, scolding his sister over what she had done. He understood her words just now. His parents taught them that. However, it’s not like they should stay helpless and just let others do what they like to them, moreover if he at least still got the strength to protect her, his beloved little sister, Tiffany.

He jumped to his bed and groaned in frustration. He was still extremely upset, betrayed and disappointed of what Tiffany had done. How could she side with his forever enemies, Kangin and Siwon? He kept repeating those in his mind, making himself stressed out. Suddenly, another rush of pain in his heart coming back, this time was even worse than before. He quickly rushed towards his study table to find his meds, he needed them so much. He poured some of the pills and popped them to his mouth before gulping them down with water. He sighed softly before he decided to go to the kitchen to find some snacks.

He got out of his room and then he saw Tiffany. He stopped a moment before he turned his gaze away and just passed by her and headed down, sparing no look at all to his sister. He was still coping with his rage; disappointment and ‘betrayal’ from his sister; and also the pain in his chest, waiting for the meds to start working.

The act from Jesse definitely made Tiffany sad. He acted like she wasn’t there at all and it hurt her. She just did what she thought was right. Besides, she hated violence so much and she was sad that Jesse didn’t understand that. She wouldn’t be saying sorry to Jesse since she believed that Jesse was at fault and Jesse still owe an apologize to Kangin and Siwon which she believed that it would be hard to ask her brother to do that, knowing how stubborn he was.

***

“What happened to the both of you?” Mrs. Jung asked, seeing how quiet the dining table was. It’s never like this before. Usually, Jesse and Tiffany would be so noisy that the voice that could be heard was coming from them.

“Nothing.” Jesse and Tiffany said it at the same time.

“Both of them must be fighting again.” Mr. Jung said, knowing the habit of his children. It’s always like that whenever they fought. “We are not.” Both of them insisted. Mr. Jung shrugged at the answer since he totally didn’t believe them.

Jesse just ate in silence, not even looking at anyone. He was just looking at his plate, wanting to finish eating fast so he could get out of the dining room so the rage wouldn’t be disturbing him again. Tiffany was looking at him, wanting to say something to him but too scared to do so since they were sort of in a fight. She wanted to ask Jesse to help her with her school subject but it seemed like it wouldn’t happen.

Jesse sensed that Tiffany was looking at him, troubled. He knew that look. She wanted to ask him something and scared to do so at the moment. he wanted to give in and asked what’s wrong but then his anger stopped him to do so.

Once he had finished eating his dinner, he quickly dismissed himself from the table, saying he was busy with stuff. Actually, he was just in a busy thought. Somehow, he was considering, his grandmother’s offer, to go and study abroad and also had a treatment there. Maybe going there wouldn’t make him stressed out like this. Maybe the rage did affect him after-all.

***

“So.. Fany.. want to tell mom why?” Mrs. Jung asked her daughter who helped her washing the dishes.

Tiffany was in silence. All the smiles that were always in her face were gone. She felt like crying. It’s so painful whenever she and Jesse were in a fight. Both of them were hurting themselves. Mrs. Jung could see that and also knew that very clearly that both of them just wanted to say sorry to each other but the rage and mostly pride, stopped them from doing it. Whatever the reason must because of them was too stubborn.

Tiffany took a deep breath and sighed. “Mom... but if I tell the story, don’t judge us okay?” she said softly before she told what had happened the entire day.

“Did you ask why he did that?” her mom asked the moment Tiffany finished telling her the story. “You know how Jesse is right? He wouldn’t tell you why unless you ask.”

“But mom, oppa is at fault here.” Tiffany who was still upset said that. “Not to mention oppa is pretending that I don’t exist.” Tiffany continued, thinking that everything wasn’t affecting her and that she had her emotion in control but apparently not at all.

“Mom could only give you one advice. Calm down and then you’ll know what to do, later. Both of you are old enough to solve the argument between you two. So... mom would just listen and give both of you advice. Mom would do that too later to Jesse. Both of you just too stubborn.” Mrs. Jung said and somehow smiled at the childishness of her children.

“Mom.. I’m not stubborn.” Tiffany said as she was running upstairs to her room, to finish up her homework and maybe when she had the courage, she would go and asked her brother for help. Mrs. Jung just giggled. She sometimes just loved to daughter.