Burned

Miss Popular, Nerd in Disguise

“So where did you go off to Jonghyun?” Onew asked Jonghyun, as he got into the car.
“I was... exploring the museum alone. I didn’t want to bother you and your rock studies, you know?” Jonghyun replied, as he put on his seatbelt.
Onew chuckled.
“Awh, you didn’t have to do that! I would’ve been fine with teaching you the wonders of sulfur!”

Yeah Hyung... and I would’ve died.



“Where have you been?” I questioned drowsly as Jonghyun shook me awake.
“I’ve been waiting for you since I got home.” I added.
“And when was that?” he asked me nervously.
“I don’t know, but it was before 4, I think. Myungsoo dropped me off. I texted Taemin to tell you.”
He groaned, before he plopped onto the couch next to me. I looked at him confused.
“What?”
“I thought you ditched me for Myungsoo today...” he muttered, before he added, “so I went to the science museum with Onew hyung.”
I chuckled softly.
“I would never do that...”
“What about tomorrow? We can make up today for tomorrow!” Jonghyun exclaimed to me, as he looked at me with anixous eyes.
I smiled, before I frowned. I just remembered...
“What’s wrong?” Jonghyun asked.
“I have plans tomorrow...” I sighed.

With Myungsoo...

Jonghyung frowned at me.
“Huh? Plans tomorrow? With who?” he probed, as his grip tightened on a pillow.
“Myungsoo...”
“What?” he asked me, as his eyes widened a bit.
“Myungsoo. He asked me today, I turned him down because of our... ‘movie night’, and so he suggested tomorrow, and I told him okay.” I explained.
“It’s not my fault that I thought that someone ditched me...” I added.
“But why with Myungsoo?! He used to trip you up in the hallways!” Jonghyun huffed.
I sighed, before I got up from the couch.
“I have my reasons.”
I started to walk to the stairs.
“Please don’t tell me that you’re falling for him...” Jonghyun whispered.
I froze, before I turned my head to look at him. Jonghyun looked at me back, his eyes looked hurt. I gulped.
“I don’t know myself Oppa...” I whispered back, before I hurriedly ran to my room.
I slammed the door close, before I slid on the back of it. I put my hand to my forehead.

I don’t like Myungsoo... Do I?

Suddenly, my phone beeped. It was from Myungsoo.

From: Myungsoo Oppa
Good Night Princess :-*

My eyes stared at the message. I don’t even know anymore... I really don’t.



I arrived late to school today. I should be thinking along the lines of ‘, , , i’m going to have detention’ but i’m not. I stood outside of the gates. How am I supposed to get in? I tapped my fingers against my chin. Maybe I can measure the lenght of this gate, and then calculate to see how much force i’m going to have to use to jump over it. I nodded my head, as I formulated the plan. Good enough, right?
“Choco! Come back!” I heard a female voice shout.
I turned around to see Taeyeon chasing a little brown dog. I raised an eyebrow. Is this why she’s late most mornings? The little dog ran towards me, and I scooped it up into my hands. Taeyeon threw me an exasperated smile, before she came rushing over.
“Thank you for catching Choco for me. My would’ve would’ve killed me if I lost this dog. I spent my life savings on it...” she muttered, as she took Choco back from my arms.
“Life... life savings?” I asked, not believing that she would do such a thing.
Or rather, I would think that her dad would’ve bought it for her, considering that she gets everything that she wants.
“Yeah, haha. I’ve wanted a dog for so long, and I recently got it. I keep it under this little area under the school’s gate during school. Wanna see?” she asked me, as she bounced her dog up and down playfully.
I smiled, before I nodded my head.
“Sure! Why not? I’m late for class anyways.” I grinned.
She chuckled.
“Don’t worry. I got you covered. Mr. Baekh treasures me. I’m his straight A student... besides your sister. You know, if she would stop stealing my position as top student, I wouldn’t be bagging on her as much.” she revealed, as she stopped at a certain area.
So... Taeyeon is jealous... of me? Why are all of the Kingkas and Queenkas hurting me, because they’re jealous? They shouldn’t be jealous of me... right?
“So here it is!” she exclaimed, snapping me out of my thoughts.
There was a little red door in the stone. I can’t believe I haven’t noticed it before. She opened it up, and she let her dog in there, before she closed it again. She beamed at me.
“Isn’t it a lovely place to put him during the day? I can always visit him during lunch.” she cooed.
I chuckled.
“It’s a very nice place. Does it have food and water?” I asked her.
She nodded her head.
“Yep! I’ve got it all under controlled. Now, let’s get to class before we’re too late. Don’t want to miss Mr. Baekh’s lesson, do you?” she asked, before she led me to a secret opening in the gate.
The both of us easily got in. I’ll need this when I’m ever late. I followed her down the halls of the school, and she stopped me in front of the door.
“Follow my lead, neh?”

I nodded my head.
“Sure.”
She walked in, and I came in behind her. My eyes lock with Jonghyun’s. He’s looking at me in wonder. I shifted what I was looking at to Dongwoo. Dongwoo looked at me with an amused expression. Woohyun was looking at Taeyeon. Oooh, I wonder what thoughts are going through his mind. I take a peek at Sungyeol. He placed his fingers in a gun formation, and put it next to his head, before he ‘shot’ himself out of boredom. I chortled softly.
“Late again Miss Kim again, I see.” Mr. Baekh commented from his desk.
Taeyeon nodded her head swiftly.
“Sorry Mr. Baekh. Junae and I had an impromtu sleepover yesterday, so we both slept in, and woke up late.” Taeyeon apologized with ease.
Wow... a sleepover. I never knew that she was so good at making things up. I would’ve never thought of that.
“Was this true, other Miss Kim?” Mr. Baekh asked, as he looked at me.
I nodded my head.
“Yes sir. We’re awfully sorry for being late.” I apologized again.
He sighed, before he waved us off.
“To your seats, and please consider this as a warning.”
“Yes sir.”
I hurriedly went to my seat. Jonghyun eyed me. I looked away uncomfortably. He was probably still mad at me from last night. Suddenly, as piece of paper landed on my desk.

Taeyeon covered for the both of you? Wow.

I chuckled softly, before I rushed out a:

I know, huh? She has a dog, too. It’s cute.



“Myungsoo Oppa!” I exclaimed as I saw him.
He turned his head to look at me, before he waved his hand to call me over. I walked towards him and Infinite. Someone was there, and it wasn’t anyone familiar. Or... I didn’t think that she was familiar.
“Oppa~ Are you going to have time for me tonight?” she asked Hoya ‘cutely’, as she clutched onto his arms.
I scoffed quietly, before I intertwined my fingers with Myungsoo as I approached him.
“What’s going on?” I whispered to him.
“Hoya’s... ‘girlfriend’ is bothering him again.”  Myungsoo replied, before he rolled his eyes.
“I have... a class project to do. I don’t think I’ll have time today.” Hoya lied to his ‘girlfriend’.
I watched curiously. Why did they bother with fake girlfriends anyways? I’ll just ask Myungsoo that later... I guess. Wait a minute. If Hoya has a fake girlfriend... does that mean I’m a fake girlfriend, too? I can’t be one, right? Myungsoo likes me too much to... wait again. Why am I caring? Myungsoo’s my fake boyfriend. I am definitely not falling for Myungsoo. I can’t fall for him.
“Then I’ll join you for lunch then!” she piped, gripping onto his arm even harder.
“No way. You’re not breaking into our guy time.” Sungjong growled in annoyance.
Wow... I never knew that he could be so... mean. He wasn’t even this mean to me when ‘I’ was Haikyn.
“But that thing gets to eat with you guys!” she exclaimed, before she pointed at me.
I widened my eyes. Did she just call me a... thing?
“Look, she’s not even pretty enough Oppa. I’m good enough to eat with you.” she comfirmed falsely, as she nodded her head.
She didn’t notice how all of Infinite her glaring holes into her body. I felt Myungsoo’s grip tighten.
“Did you just call my girlfriend... a... thing?” Myungsoo icily asked her.
I tugged Myungsoo’s arm.
“Don’t cause any drama...” I whispered to him softly.
I didn’t want him to get into any trouble. None at all. She shrunk a bit at his tone and his glare.
“Y-yeah? So what? Isn’t she just a little toy?” she asked bravely.
I looked at her, before my mouth slightly opened. How dare she call me a toy. Hoya roughly removed his arm.
“Junae isn’t a toy. She’s both Myungsoo’s girlfriend, and our friend. If you want to continue insulting her, you better leave now before it gets ugly.” Hoya chided.
She gasped.
“Oppa!”
“She eats with us because we want her too, not because she has to beg for her position.” Sunggyu scoffed.
She scowled.
“I begged for nothing!”
“Oh really? Then why do you have to make up lame excuses on why you should eat with us, instead of her?” Myungsoo barked.
I looked around. The whole school’s eyes were on us. I saw SHINee in the back. Oh, what a big talk i’m going to have when I get home today.
“Because somehow, this tricked you guys that she was cool. I mean seriously, she’s Haikyn’s sister. No one related to Haikyn could be cool.” she spat at me.
This time, I was the one that glared at her. Time for my acting to come up. No one is going to insult my ‘sister’.
“What did you just say about my sister?” I asked, as I stepped up in front of her.
“She’s a loser. She’s weak, ugly, and uncoordinate. No one’s jealous of her and everyone knows it... Unless you didn’t.” she told me, before she smirked at me.
“I mean, for all we know, you could’ve been a loser yourself in in your little ghetto of New York. I mean... You are Haikyn’s twin sister, aren’t you?”
My eyes turned into slits.
“I may think my sister is a little loser who does nothing but study all day long, but no one insults her more then they have to in front of me.” I snarled.
“And I hope you know that I have never been as low as you have in my life. If you think that i’m a loser, then you must be a low life peasant because those shoes, and that shirt were so decades ago that they have holes in them. Where’d you get them? The dumpster outside of your house?”
“Holy .” Sungyeol howled.
“Buurn!” Dongwoo called out, before him and the rest of Infinite started to burst out snickering.
The girl blushed in sudden embarassment, as she looked down at her outfit. It wasn’t a lie. Her shirt was ripped up so much, that the tank top underneath it wasn’t enough to cover her body all the way. Rachet was the shirt’s definition. I looked at her once again, as our eyes met.
“Don’t say things that you’re going to regret, okay?” I spat at her, before I added, “Let’s go to lunch guys.”
Myungsoo smirked, before he let go of my hand, and put his arm around me.
“Lead the way, babe.”



Key’s open was wide open as he watched you enter the cafeteria with Infinite.
“Did I seriously just wittnessed what I seriously just wittnessed?” he asked, a bit bewildered by the fact that you could burn someone so hard, that it had the whole school snickering.
“Yeah hyung, I think you seriously just wittnessed what you seriously just wittnessed.” Taemin confirmed.
“Where did our sweet and innocent Haikyn go?” Onew asked jokingly.
“She’s in New York... Changing bit by bit because of something called infinite.” Jonghyun muttered bitterly to himself, before he turned around to go to their lunch spot.
Minho, who had heard what Jonghyun has muttered, was confused.
“Huh? Why would Jonghyun say such a thing?” he asked himself.
He looked at Jonghyun direction, while the three others still talked.
“You know what guys. Deep down, I knew that she was a diva.” Key commented, as he grinned brightly.
“I feel insanely proud right now.” he added, before he started to laugh.
Taemin and Onew rolled their eyes.
“Of course the diva himself would say that.”
“Come on hyungs, let’s go eat lunch. Jonghyun hyung already left.”