Pure Beauty

Miss Popular, Nerd in Disguise

 

I sighed, as I plopped onto the couch. I wasn’t really like this, unless I was bored. But today, I wasn’t bored. I was busy, thinking about stuff.

“What’s wrong? I know you’re not bored already.” Key asked.

“My life is wrong.” You snorted.

“How come?” Taemin asked, curiously.

“Yesterday, Woohyun almost slapped me.” I confessed.

Onew’s eyes bulged out. Bigger then I’ve ever seen.

“What?!”

“Yeah. It was a good thing I was there to help.” Jonghyun said.

I smiled weakly at him.

“And that got me thinking. If I were a Queenka, then he wouldn’t be trying to hit me, right?” you asked.

Minho nodded his head.

“Yeah… so?” he asked.

I sighed, and told him what I wanted to do.

"Are you sure about this?" Onew asked me, as I finished telling them my plan.

I nodded my head.

"I need to know."

"You realize, that you can't hangout with us, if you do this." Key said.

I scoffed.

"I'm not naturally beautiful you know. I can just put on glasses, and put my hair in a bun, and be that nerd everyone knows now."

Jonghyun sighed.

"Fine. We'll help,” he told me, sighing.

“But… we have to tell the principal about this project of yours.” Minho added.

I groaned.

 

There always have to be something to it, huh?

 

“Fine…”

 

 

“Alright. I will agree to this.” Principal Sufi told me.

My eyes probably gleamed in excitement.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes. I believe that the teachers are being bias as well. So I will gain something from your little project as well. Now, make your transformation by Monday, and I will announce it.”

“Yes sir!” I told him, before getting up, bowing, and leaving his office, beaming.

 

YES! He agreed! I thought I was going to have to persuade him or something.

 

“So?” Jonghyun asked.

“She’s smiling. He obviously said yes.” Key scoffed.

“Yep! Now, be a good friend, and help me transform. Please?” I asked, putting on my best aegyo face.

Key rolled his eyes at me.

“Your aegyo , but being the nice friend I am, and the great cook you are, I will help you.” Key said.

“Yay! Thanks Key Oppa!” I exclaimed, hugging him.

“Okay, okay, okay. Stop.” Key said, pushing me off gently.

I blushed when I realized what I just did.

“Sorry… I was too excited.” I confessed.

“Aigoo… Our Haikyn… I’m going to miss you.” Minho commented, before ruffling my hair.

“Yah!” I complained, before fixing my hair.

“Yep. I’m defiantly not going to miss you.” Key said, jokingly.

I pouted.

“So blunt.”

“Miss you? Why would anyone miss you anyways?” L snorted.

I whipped my attention to him, who was behind me.

“What do you want?” Jonghyun asked.

“Oh, just wondering why any one of you would miss this little piece of .” Woohyun replied, with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes.

 

I guess I’ll announce now.

 

“My sister is coming, and I’m leaving to New York for a bit. My parents are seeing if I perform better there, in America.” I explained.

Sungyeol smirked.

“Hey guys, we get a new nerd to mess with next week.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that…” I said, before turning around.

“What do you mean?” Hoya asked me.

“Well… you’ll just have to wait and see.”

 

 

It was finally the weekend. During the weekdays, Key took me out shopping. He showed me all the clothes I would have to get. Thank god my parents are huge CEOs of a major company. We mostly shopped in YesStyle. Gosh, everything we bought made me so uncomfortable wearing them. I mean seriously! Why are these skirts so short? Key made me wear them everyday after school, so I would get used to them. I did by Saturday, even though they made me feel ‘open’. Today, Key and Jonghyun will be taking me to the salon to CUT MY HAIR. MY HAIR. MY PRECIOUS LONG HAIR. THE HAIR THAT TOOK SO LONG TO GROW. Who cares if it’s super long, and painful to style right?

“Haikyn-ah… You have to get the layers, perm and dye. Unless you made yourself buy all of those clothes for nothing.” Key persuaded me.

I sighed.

 

Darn it. I don’t want to cut my hair thought… Pout pout…

 

“Fine.” I said through my seat.

I was getting bangs, layers, and a perm for curly-ish hair, and dyed a brown hair color.

 

 

After he was done, I was amazed at how pretty my hair looked. But then I realized that my hair was short again, and my beautiful locks would take so long to grow out again. I pouted.

“What? You don’t like it?” Key asked, surprised.

“No… My hair is ON THE FLOOR.” I replied.

Key and Jonghyun rolled their eyes.

“Girls.”

“Yah!” I shouted at them.

“It took you sooooo long to grow… We know.” Key said.

This time, I rolled my eyes. I handed my credit card to the cashier, and she swiped it. We then left to go to the Mac Makeup Store, to get me some ‘makeup’ lessons. Jonghyun ditched this part, and left. He’s apparently ‘allergic’ to make-up.

I had aced the ‘test’ at the end, Key made them give me. I guess I’m a natural at this, kekeke. He made me buy so much makeup, that I had about 2 large bags full. All the other girls in the store were so jealous of my money and me. I shrank under their glares, but then I remembered.

 

If I’m going to become a Queenka, then I’ll have to be strong.

 

And with that thought, I stood taller, and glared at the other girls bad, making them look away. Key looked at me in shock.

“Wow. Goodie-two-shoes knows how to glare. Maybe you are Haikyn’s twin sister.” Key joked.

I rolled my eyes.

“Seriously? I needed to try it out sometime. I think I did a pretty decent job.”

“Decent? I think you’re like, Taeyeon level. Did you see the way the girls looked away? Haikyn, after we get your flirting skills, being mean to us, and being able to stand Infinite done, you will be ready!” Key announced.

“Awh… now I feel bad. I don’t wanna be Taeyeon level…” I whined.

Key chuckled.

“Maybe you should’ve thought about that, before you asked me to help you.”

 

On the way home, Key told me to try to seduce Jonghyun as practice for Infinite, even though everyone knows that if there’s a hot girl, Infinite will defiantly pick her up. As I walked through the door, Jonghyun was the first to greet us. I had put my hair in a bun, and took of all my makeup, so I wouldn’t spoil it for the rest of SHINee.

“Hey guys!” Jonghyun said.

I rolled my eyes and walked pasted him scoffing.

“Sorry. I have makeup, so you most likely will blow up in a ball if you come near me.” I told him sarcastically, plopping onto the couch.

Jonghyun turned his head to me.

“What did you do to her?” he asked Key.

I slightly chuckled.

“I didn’t do anything.” Key said, sitting next to me.

“Okay. Go upstairs and change, and transform, so we can show them.” Key commanded.

I pouted and looked at him. I grabbed his arm.

“Awh… Oppa is so meaaan~ Maybe you should ask me nicer next time.” I told him, whining.

When I saw him roll his eyes, I smirked.

“Ha. Tricked you. I’m very Queenka like, aren’t I?” I asked, before racing upstairs to get my look together.

 

Jonghyun sat next to Key.

“She better not act like that here.” He told Key.

Key nodded his head in agreement.

“But you have to admit, she is quite suited to be a Queenka…”

“Yep… I wonder why she’s a nerd though… She could pass off as a Queenka already.”

“It’s because of her glasses. I gave her contacts yesterday.”

“Oh… Explains everything.”

“Oh. I gave Haikyn a project. She’s going to try to seduce you. Try not to fall for it.”

Jonghyun put his head down.

“Why does it have to be me?”

“Because you know that Onew hyung will fall for anything she does, and Taeminnie can’t turn down Haikyn, and Minho will break for any pretty girl.”

Jonghyun groaned and put his head in his hands.

“Fine.”

 

You put on the cutest outfit you could put together. It consisted of an off shoulder shirt, and a black ruffled mini skirt. You did a Smokey eye, and curled a bit of your hair a bit more.

“Get ready Jonghyun oppa… I’m going to ace this.”

I ran down the stair, where all of SHINee was watching Hello Baby. I chuckled a little.

 

Of course they would watch something like that.

 

“Hey oppas~!” I said, as I stepped off the last step.

They all turned around to look at me.

“Oh my god.” Jonghyun breathed.

I smirked.

 

I’m totally going to win this.

 

“How do I look?” I asked, blinking innocently.

“A-amazing.” Taemin stuttered.

I flashed them a smile, and walked over to the couch. I sat down next to Jonghyun.

“I can’t do this…” Jonghyun mumbled.

I looked at Jonghyun with a cute, but confused look on my face, even though I knew exactly what he was talking about.

 

Key totally told him about the lesson. It’s so like him.

 

“N-nothing.” Jonghyun said, looking away.

“Awhhhh… Tell me~” I insisted, holding onto his arm.

 

I never noticed how muscular Jonghyun Oppa was until now.

 

I felt his arm tense up. I looked at Key. He was frozen on the couch.

 

Kekeke, Change of target~

 

“Key oppa~ what’s wrong?” I asked cutely, walking over to him, finally letting Jonghyun ‘breathe’ again.

I batted my eyelashes at him.

“Okay. I give up.” Key said, putting his head into his hands.

I decided to ‘practice’ a bit more.

“Give what up oppa?” I asked, sitting next to him.

I crossed my legs, resting my left leg onto his. Everyone looked at us in shock. I tilted my head, and brushed Key’s bangs away from his face and used my middle and index finger to lift his face out of his hands, so he could see my cute smile. Key’s eyes bulged out.

“OKAY YOU WIN! LEAVE ME ALONE!” Key blurted, before standing up.

I smirked.

“Knew it. You couldn’t last me.” I told him.

He rolled his eyes, and pushed me away.

“I hate you.”

“I love you too hun.”

“Don’t call me that.”

“Awh~ Is my baby Key embarrassed that I got him to crack?” I joked.

“If I say yes, will you leave me alone?”

“Nope! Mehrong~!” I said, before getting out of Key’s reach, and sitting back next to Jonghyun.

“You’re not going to continue this project, are you?” Jonghyun asked me, nervously.

I chuckled.

 

Jonghyun Oppa, you’re so cute when you’re nervous.

 

“Nope~ Unless… you want me to.” I teased, looking at him, with seductive eyes.

“N-no, no. I d-don’t want y-you too.” Jonghyun stuttered.

“Dude. She got you to stutter. She’s defiantly ready for Infinite.” Minho commented.

I smirked.

“Mission accomplished~” I sang, before walking to the stairs.

“Where are you going?” Onew asked.

“To take this stuff off. I’m not going to torture you good oppas and Taeminnie.” I said, before running up the stairs to change out of the outfit.

 

Key sighed as soon as you disappeared up the stairs.

“I almost died.”

Onew, Minho and Jonghyun chuckled.

“Our dear Haikyn got the ‘I-never-fall-for-girls Prince’ seduced.” Onew announced.

Key glared at him.

“What about you, Jonghyun? You cracked too.”

“Of course I cracked. You did too, didn’t you?”

“Why you little--“

 

“I’m back~” I announced, running down the stairs.

I took of all my makeup, and changed into my regular sweats and t-shirt. I had my hair in a bun and I had put on my glasses.

“You look normal.” Taemin told me.

I smiled.

“I know. I decided to give Key and Jonghyun Oppas a break.”

Key rolled his eyes.

 

Get ready for 'Kim Junae' Seoul Academy.