Carbs

Miss Popular, Nerd in Disguise

 

Jonghyun took me to school early, so I could sign the rest of my papers. Mr. Sunfi did it for me, since he knew of my little experiment.

“I expect to see great results from this.” He told me.

I nodded my head. I was going to prove how bias this school is.

“I shall make you proud.” I announced.

We both stayed in the office for around 20 minutes after the bell rang, filling out forms and whatnot. I had kept my schedule, but my name was just changed. My ‘sister’s’ name was Lee Junae. We were finally finished with everything, and Jonghyun gave me a tour of the school, before going to homeroom. I stayed outside, leaning on the wall, while Jonghyun went in.

“Mr. Kim. You are late.” Mr. Baekh told him.

“I have a pass, Mr. Baekh.  I was showing Haikyn’s sister around.” He explained, giving it to the teacher.

“Where is her sister?” he asked in return.

“She is outside. I’ll get her.”

Jonghyun opened the door.

“Junae, you’re supposed to come in.” he told me.

I swear I could hear Taeyeon and Woohyun snicker.

 

Not for long.

 

I walked into the classroom, making everyone quiet down. Guys were gaping at me, while girls were giving me glares. I smirked. I could tell that Woohyun was checking me out. 

“So, you’re Haikyn’s sister?” Mr. Baekh asked.

“Yes sir.”

“You don’t look like it.” Woohyun blurted.

I reverted my attention to him.

“Of course I don’t. I’m not someone who locks myself up in my room, and reading and study all day.” I told him.

“Anyways, your sit is next to Jonghyun. Please sit down.” Mr. Baekh told me.

I walked perfectly to my seat. I made every boy stare. You must think I enjoyed this feeling. I think I would’ve been fine with staying a nerd. Like seriously, this attention is killing me. And plus, I can't even directly pay attention to the lesson. I have to pretend like I'm doing something else. The lesson was very boring as always, but I had to pretend to do something else, and listen at the same time. I mean seriously, who thought of being popular? This is like freaking torture. Lunch time finally came along, but I couldn't tag along with Jonghyun, which made me sad.

 

What to do now?

 

Well… I don't have to think that for long, because Woohyun walked over to me.

"Hey hottie. Wanna eat lunch with me and my friends?" he asked me.

If I weren't acting, I would've scoffed, and slapped him. But of course, to keep my popular image, I agreed.

"Sure." I told him, smiling.

"You, have a beautiful smile." he told me.

On the inside, I rolled my eyes. But on the outside, I continued to smile.

"Thanks, you too." I commented.

"You're nothing like your sister, you know that?" He asked me, walking out into the halls.

Everyone reverted their gaze to me.

"I know. I'm not a loser like her." I told him.

I'm hating this so much. Every guy is looking at me, like i'm a piece of meat. Woohyun laughed.

"Well, it's a good thing you know that."

We stopped in front of Myungsoo. I saw that his girlfriend was hanging all over him.

"Myungsoo~! Why would you break up with me?" she asked repeatedly.

 

They broke up? Like… seriously? That's impossible…

 

"Because, you're getting annoying." he told her, pushing her off of him.

She finally pouted, and then stopped. She walked away.

"Woahh. What is this hottie doing here?" Dongwoo asked.

"You have a girlfriend, remember?" Sungyeol asked him, whacking him on the head.

"Guys, this is Junae, Haikyn's sister." Woohyun introduced me.

"Woah… YOU'RE that loser Haikyn's sister?" Hoya asked, not believing it.

"Well… yeah." I lied.

"Well, you sure don't look like it." Myungsoo told me.

"I actually get sun, and I don't lock myself up in my room watching dramas and , if that's what you mean." I told him.

He smirked.

"Let's get lunch guys."

 

 

 

Jonghyun, Key, Onew, Taemin and Minho watch you, as you walked with Infinite to the lunch room. Jonghyun sighed.

"If she continues to be like a popular at home, I'm going to die." Key told everyone.

"Yeah… And lunch won't be the same without her." Onew commented.

"But I brought chicken for my day." Taemin said, holding out a box.

Onew's eyes lit up, and Minho, Key and Jonghyun rolled their eyes.

"Thanks for polluting us with even more chicken Taemin." Minho said sarcastically.

"Sorry… I was about to ask Haikyn to make something for me, but I didn't want to bother her while she was doing last minute homework with Jonghyun." he explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, let's go to the garden now." Key said, taking the box of chicken from Onew.

"Yah!" Onew exclaimed, following Key to get his chicken back.

Jonghyun looked at the lunchroom door, and sighed, before following everyone.

 

 

Myungsoo slung his arm around me, as I put a piece of lettuce into my mouth. I stuttered on the inside, at both the thought of Myungsoo touching me, and the lettuce. Well, okay, I don't dislike lettuce, I just hate eating it plain in a salad. Like seriously, why the hell did people invent these things? Well, going with my 'personality', I rested my head on his shoulder, and pretended to giggled at something Sungyeol said. I had to admit to myself, that Infinite wasn't as bad as I thought, you know, without the whole teasing situation. Sungjong is actually a lot like Taemin, if you think about it. Now that I think about it, I never really even hated him.

"What do you think, Junae?" Hoya asked me, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked.

"I said what do you think about that SHINee group?" Hoya asked.

"Yeah, that nerd infested group your sister hangs out with." Dongwoo added.

"Oh them." I said.

I rolled my eyes.

"I hate them. That chicken freak is exactly like my sister. None of them gets sun, except that Key and Jonghyun." I told them.

"I told you he was like her." Woohyun told Sunggyu.

He just rolled his eyes.

Myungsoo chuckled at the exchange. He then got a spoonful of his soup, and held it in front of my face.

"Ahhh~" he said.

I looked at him weirdly.

"Uh… carbs." I said.

Not that I minded carbs. First, I need to keep my image like a Queenka, and I need to do what Queenkas do. Second, I do NOT want to indirectly kiss him.

"Awh, come on. 1 carb isn't going to do anything." Myungsoo said, pushing the spoon closer to me.

"Araso…” I said, opening my mouth reluctantly.

He fed me the soup. It was good, but I couldn’t get over the fact that I just indirectly kissed Kim Myungsoo, the same guy who would trip me in the halls.

“How is it?” he asked me.

“Good, I guess.” I commented.

He smiled.

 

His smile is beautiful. He should smile more.

 

“Good. See? An extra carb is okay.” He told me, before returning to converse with his friends.

 

 

As soon as the bell rang, I ran out the school, and into the car before anyone could see me. I sighed in relief. Being popular is so disturbing. Everyone stares the crap out of you. It’s like you get no privacy. And being Myungsoo’s new girlfriend doesn’t help a lot either. Every girl is now jealous of me, and every guy is jealous of Myungsoo. I can’t believe we got together so quickly, but I guess that’s how being popular is…

“You’re here early.” I heard a voice say.

“Omo.” I said, turning around.

I saw Jonghyun get into the car. I sighed loudly, and put my head onto his shoulder as soon as he sat next to me.

“Being popular is so hard! I hate eating salads, and indirectly kissing Myungsoo!” I complained.

I felt Jonghyun tense up a bit, hearing that I indirectly kissed Myungsoo, but then he laughed.

“Haha, I guess you should’ve thought about that. Anyways, how’s the research going on?” he asked me.

“Well… I plan to come to class late tomorrow, to see what Mr. Baekh does. And I learnt, that Mr. Baekh didn’t yell at me as much today.” I told him.

He nodded his head.

“Yeah, I noticed that. Maybe he is very bias.”

“Maybe? He is bias…” you told him.

Before he could reply, Key, Minho and Onew got into the car.

“Yah Kim Haikyn, you should’ve told us you were coming home with us.” Key whined.

“What? I always go home with you guys…” I told him.

“We thought that you were going to go home with your boyfriend Myungsoo.” Minho explained.

I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t talk about him. I hate him. He made me eat carbs.” I joked.

“Wow. Our carb loving friend, actually told us that someone MADE her eat carbs.” Jonghyun teased.

I rolled my eyes.

“Where’s Taemin?” I asked.

“He’s staying back for a while to help the teacher grade papers. I’m picking him up later.” Onew explained.

“Ahh… Well what are we still here for? Let’s go~” I said.