Ditched

Miss Popular, Nerd in Disguise

"So Junae-ah... Need a ride home?" Myungsoo asked me, as he helped me put my books into my locker.

I looked at him.
"Jinjia? But I'm staying with... SHINee..." I said slowly.
He chuckled.
"Well it doesn't matter where you live, as long as they don't taint you with their nerdiness." he snorted.
I gave a small smile, and nodded my head.
"Yeah, okay. I'll take you up on your offer then."
Myungsoo grinned, and laced his hand into mine. We walked out of the school building, people whispering about how happy we looked, and how lucky we were to have each other. I inwardly sighed. I mean... I didn't have Myungsoo. He would never have me, because I'm not even me. Myungsoo likes... A fictional person. Wait no, character. I wasn't real. I was... Fake. Nothing about me was true, except my feelings. Wait a second, did I just say feelings? No! I didn't mean that! Did I...?
 
 
Jonghyun, Key, Minho, Taemin and Onew waited in the car. Jonghyun craned his neck to get a better position of the view.
"Uhm... Hyungs? What are we waiting for?" Taemin asked.
"Haikyn." Jonghyun simply said, while still looking out the window for any trace of you.
"... Then shouldn't we just leave then?" Taemin asked, clearly confused.
Jonghyun snapped his head towards Taemin.
"What?"
"Well... Haikyn Noona already left with Myungsoo. Didn't you see?" Taemin asked his hyung.
Jonghyun frowned.
"Jinjia?" he asked.
Key nodded his head.
"Yeah, I saw them walk out together."
"Oh..." Jonghyun said, a bit disappointed that you would ditch him.
Minho gave him a small smile.
"Sorry hyung... Maybe you can have your movie night with her tomorrow or something."
Onew nodded his head in agreement.
"Yeah! And you can spend your day with me!" 
Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.
"What are you doing hyung?"
"I'm going to the science museum!"
Key sighed, and shrugged his shoulders.
"Better then nothing, Jonghyun."
 
 
Myungsoo stopped in front of the house. He got out, and opened the door for me. Such a gentleman... 
"Thanks Myungsoo Oppa." I told him, as I got out.
He smiled at me.
"No problem! Call me if you miss me." he told me, before giving mae a playful wink.
I laughed, and pushed him softly.
"Stop it, that's weird."
He laughed with me, then kissed my cheek.
"Araso, I'll see you tomorrow Haikyn-ah!" he exclaimed.
I smiled at him, and watched him get into his car. I waved to him goodbye, and he returned it, before driving off. I sighed, and walked up to the house. I fished out the spare keys in the flower pot, and unlocked the door. I walked in, and placed my bag into my room, like I always do. I checked the time. They'll be home any minute now. Might as well take a shower to pass the time. I ran into the bathroom, and quickly took a shower. I wonder what movies Jonghyun and I will decide to watch. Maybe I can convince him to watch a drama instead. Pasta has always been one of our favorites. I got out of the shower, and changed into my comfortable sweats, and an old t-shirt. I twisted my wet hair up into a bun,and went back downstairs. I looked at the time again. It was already 4. Where was he? I put on a confused face, as I looked at the time again. Maybe they're stuck in traffic or something... It wouldn't be wise to text him in frustrating moment like this, would it? Eh, I'll just choose the movie now then. I walked to the movie box, and scanned the list. We have quite the number of Korean dubbed American films. I chuckled at the though of that. Maybe we could watch Finding Nemo? That was always a great movie, however childish it was for me the first time. I took that movie off of the shelf, before looking for another option. My eyes stopped at 19. I smiled a bit. I wonder how Woohyun's doing... Did Taeyeon say yes? Hm... I hope so! Woohyun's a great person. Wait... Did I seriously just say that? I almost face palmed myself. Just a week ago, I was hating on them for tripping me and teasing me, but now I'm making comments about them being cute and whatnot. Anyhow, I scanned the list again, and saw the movie UP. That movie was great too... I picked up the boxes, and set them on the table. I took a seat on the couch, and looked at the clock again. 4:20 already... Where was he?
 
 
Jonghyun stared at the little micro bacteria, and sighed in boredom. Maybe he should've just gone home... At least he could've done his homework.
"Yah!! Jonghyun-ah! Come and look at this plant cell!" Onew exclaimed, waving his hands to signal him to come over. 
Jonghyun rolled his eyes, and walked over to his Hyung.
"What's so cool about it Hyung?" Jonghyun asked, before peering into the microscope.
"Its pink!" Onew exclaimed in wonder.
"When have you ever seen a pink plant cell, neh? It's so fascinating, this museum." Onew blabbered.
Jonghyun gave him a fake small smile, and nodded his head. 
 
Why did Haikyn have to ditch me anyways? Now I have to listen to Onew talk on and on about science... And I don't even like science!
 
Jonghyun continued to look blankly at the other cell samples. They soon go to the section of rocks and minerals. Onew's eyes almost shined, as he laid his eyes on one of the rocks. Jonghyun didn't see what was so interesting about it.
"Look Jonghyun! This rock is called a Shale rock. It's made out of mud! Isn't it cool?" he asked in amazement.
Jonghyun nodded his head.
"Yeah hyung, it's cool."
"They use this as material for building roofs. It's so cool!"
"Maybe you can ask for a sample to take home then..." Jonghyun suggested, before leaving his hyung to look at other things.
He didn't feel like having a lecture about rocks. His eyes wandered the glass walls, and saw different type of plants. There was a specific plant that made his eyes stay attached to it while he was walking. He then collided softly with another person.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed, as he helped the person up.
It was a girl. She looked up, and smiled a bit. Jonghyun felt his heart beat a bit faster at her looks.
"Aniya, it's okay! I wasn't looking at where I was going." she explained.
Jonghyun smiled.
"Same here..."
She beamed, and motioned at the plant in the glass window.
"So you like plants?"
Jonghyun shook his head.
"Aniya, I don't. I'm just here because my friend is a science nerd."
The girl laughed.
"Well, I'm a science nerd. Are you calling me a name now?"
Jonghyun smirked.
"Well, I mean. All science nerds are nerds." he commented, before shrugging his shoulders.
The girl chuckled.
"I was just kidding. My friend is the science nerd, not me." she admitted, before pointing at another girl, at the end of the hall.
"I was trying to get away from her boring speech about how photosynthesis worked. You see... I like math."
Jonghyun raised his eyebrow.
"Really? I was trying to get away from my friend's lecture on Shall... Shell... Uhm... This type of rock."
The girl giggled.
"And I also like math." Jonghyun added.
She grinned at him.
"Well, isn't that a coincidence?"
Jonghyun nodded his head.
"It sure is... Uh..."
"Euri. Shim Euri." she told him with a smile.
Jonghyun smiled back.
"Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun."
She gasped.
"Like the CNBlue member?"
Jonghyun chuckled.
"Neh... Like the CNBlue member."
Somehow, Jonghyun didn't mind that you ditched him anymore.
 
I looked at the clock for the nth time today. I was already on the 3rd episode of Pasta, and he still wasn't home. He... He didn't ditch me, did he? I sighed. I took out my phone, and texted him.
 
To Jonghyun Oppa
Where are you?! I'm waiting >_<
 
From Jonghyun Oppa
Sorry, there was an error with receiving your message at the moment. The person you are trying to connect to is in a no phones allowed area.
 
I pouted, as I read it. Maybe he did ditch me, to visit some math museum or something... Maybe he even got a date. That means that I turned down Myungsoo for nothing! I sighed, as I leaned back on the couch. What did I even do for him to leave me like this? Was it because I didn't go home with him? I sent a text to Taeminnie... I groaned. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I snatched it up, hoping that it was Jonghyun or something. It wasn't.
 
From Woohyun
She said yes, Junae-ah! Do you believe it!?
 
I chuckled at the text. He was literally bursting with excitement in his text.
 
To Woohyun
Well of course I can believe it! You're a great person, and you helped her with her maths today, ㅋㅋㅋ. That's a legit reason, right?
 
From Myungsoo Oppa
Did Woohyun text you yet? He's so excited for his date tonight, ㅋㅋㅋ. You can hear him bursting with excitement all the way across the world to where your sister is!
 
I couldn't help but laugh at Myungsoo's text.
 
To Myungsoo Oppa
ㅋㅋㅋ I bet. And neh, I got it! I'm so happy for him! I'm so sorry I had to cancel our plans though TT
 
From Woohyun
Ha ha Junae. That's a good reason that she said yes -_- 
Now you're making me think that she doesn't like me for me, but for my math skills!
Otteoke!?
 
To Woohyun
I was just kidding, gosh Woohyun! You're a great person, and that's why she said yes! I bet she doesn't even consider that you're smart.
 
From Myungsoo Oppa
Awh... Don't feel bad! We're going tomorrow, neh?
 
To Myungsoo Oppa
You're so greasy sometimes... Waeyo? xD 
Neh... We're going tomorrow ^^
I'll dress my best for you Oppa c:
 
From Woohyun
Thank god o u o
I have to go now! I'm picking her up~
I'll see you tomorrow, neh?
 
From Myungsoo Oppa
ㅋㅋㅋ It's not my fault. Woohyun has influence me x - x
You don't have to dress well, Junae-ah! Just anything that's comfortable will do~
We're just going to a cafe, that's all.
 
To Myungsoo Oppa
Should've know xD I'll have to scold him tomorrow, won't I?
Oh.. Araso~ hope you don't mind jeans then!
 
From Myungsoo Oppa
Ani! The boy is young. Let him be.
When have I ever minded jeans? ㅋㅋㅋ
 
To Myungsoo Oppa
The boy is older then you, Oppa!
I don't know... Hmm...
 
From Myungsoo Oppa
ㅋㅋ, well. For now, I'm older c;
Hm... It's getting late, and I have to help cook dinner today...
I'll talk to you tomorrow, neh?
Annyeong Junae-ah~! See you tomorrow c:
 
I sighed, and set my phone down. I laid down, and began to watch my drama again. Why would Jonghyun ditch me anyways? Maybe I should've asked if Myungsoo could pick me up... Wait no, that's just selfish of me... My eyes bang to get heavy, and I closed them. I'll ask Jonghyun about it... Tomorrow.
 
Happy Seoyoung? I updated just for you, ㅋㅋㅋ