Reading

Miss Popular, Nerd in Disguise

I was sprawled over my bed, doing little bits of my science project at a time. Although I was Miss Popular, it doesn't mean that I should bring my own grade down. Wait... If I was popular, wouldn't Mr. Baekh just give me a high mark on a crappily made project? I grinned, and began to just slap my information on the board. After I was done, I frowned at the results. It was a bit too messy... Would Queenkas make their boards pretty..? I groaned in frustration. This was harder then the ACT test I had to take when I was actually in New York. I heard a knock on the door, and looked up. Jonghyun came in and sat next to me.
"Why does your board look so messy?" he asked, clearly amused that I out of all people would make such a janky board.
I sighed.
"I figured that if I did a bad project, then I would still get a high mark! But now... I hate my project. Should it have been a pretty board, with crappy information? I don't know... Otteoke? Help me Jonghyun-ah!!" I exclaimed exasperated.
I fell back onto my bed. I was tired of this different mindset. I heard Jonghyun chuckled, and take the board into his hands.
"You should make it pink, and have silver words. If you paid attention enough in class, you would see that little-miss Taeyeon does that."
I looked at him.
"Yah! I pay attention... Just not to her! And I don't want to seem like a copy cat..."
"Then do gold and silver. The colors of stars. You're from New York right? You should be glowing, pabo." Jonghyun told me, before tapping my nose once with his finger — something he hasn't done in a while.
I smiled, and hugged Jonghyun.
"Thanks Jonghyun!! How can I ever repay you?!" I asked him, before taking out my laptop to edit my information.
I needed it to be a bit crappy, but not enough to give me such low marks. But I guess it wouldn't matter, because it wouldn't go on my real grades, kekeke. Jonghyun interrupted my thoughts.
"Just cook dinner. Onew hyung isn't doing a good job handling his precious chicken." Jonghyun muttered to me.
I chuckled, before taking his hand, and pulling him off the bed with me.
"Let's go cook a good dinner then. I don't want to starve either."

 


Today, I decided to walk into the school without SHINee by my side. It was so awkward with the stares. I can't even trip, cause if I do, my Queenka title would be gone... Right? And the board wasnt helping.
"Noona!" Sungjong cried as soon as he spotted me.
He ran up to me, and took my board.
"The other hyungs are at Myungsoo's locker. Lets go!" he exclaimed, before pulling me with him.


Definitely like Taeminnie...

It was really hard to catch up to him. He was walking really fast, and these heels were no help. Seconds later, I was face to face with Myungsoo.
"Annyeong Junae!" He greeted cheerfully, before putting his arm around my neck.
I smiled at him, surprisingly, genuinely. He wasn't so bad as I thought... He's different from what he seems. Actually, all of Infinite are different... It's like the SHINee crew. They all act differently around different people.
"Annyeong Myungsoo Oppa~!" I told him, before resting my head against his shoulder.
I'm not going to lie... It was a very comfortable position. Sungyeol grinned.
"Junae! We're skipping 1st period today for an event," he started, before wriggling his eyebrows.


Oh no... Skipping school? What is up with Kingkas?!

Dongwoo scoffed, and whacked the back of his head.
"Don't say it like that, or she'll think that we're going to do something bad!"
I raised an eyebrow in shock.
"So... We're not skipping it to do something illegal?"
Myungsoo chuckled.
"Aniya... We're doing something helpful, alright?" he asked.
I looked at him.
"Helpful? What do you mean... Helpful?" I asked, completely skeptical to their plan.
"No worries Noona! It's not as bad as it seems." Sungjong told me, with a wink.
"Yep. Maybe in New York, the popular kids ditch school to do something bad, but here in Seoul, we like to do something... Beneficial."
I'm still not getting where they're trying to get to me. Not at all.

 


In a matter of minutes, Infinite and I were in the library.
"What... What are we doing in the library?" I whispered to Myungsoo.
He grinned.
"We're going to read to little children! It's our turn this week." he explained.
I gaped at him. Infinite? Reading?! Never less... TO CHILDREN? Those meanies are actually... NICE?! Otteoke? Sunggyu grabbed my hand, and dragged me over to the reading area.
"We decided that you're just staying here for a while, and Myungsoo REALLY likes you, and so... We decided to share this moment with you!" he explained.
I... I was touched. And Myungsoo... Really likes me? Seriously? But... I'm just the girl who they like to kick around in the hallways! Hoya beamed.
"We love children, so we were hoping that you like them too."
I slowly started to smile. Are they kidding me? I love children.
"Neh. I love kids!" I told him.
Sungyeol sighed.
"To be honest... I'm kind of jealous of your sister because of the topic of kids. She gets to work at a daycare. I applied to the job, and you would think they'd accept me!" he whined.
Woohyun nodded his head in agreement.
"And she gets to read to the kids once a week after school, while we're on the waiting list... This is one of the reason why she annoys us sometimes..."
And with that, I was speechless. I didn't know that they were so caring.
"We hoped that if we tripped her up enough, then she would just quit her job. You would think that she'd have enough bruises to hide herself by now!" Hoya exclaimed.
Now that I think of it... I don't really bruise easily.
"But never less, we're just glad to be here. Reading is an important exercise for your brain." Sungjong stated, before picking up a book.
"Neh! That's why our home rooms let us off the hook on skipping first." Myungsoo chimed in.
"Speaking if which, where's Taeyeon? Isn't she supposed to bring in the kids?" Sunggyu asked, looking at his watch.
My eyes bulged.
"Kim Taeyeon?!" I blurted, not believing what I was hearing.
Taeyeon?! Loves kids?! What?!
Sungyeol snorted.
"You wish it was Kim Taeyeon."
"Lee Taeyeon, actually. She's an assistant at the school the kids come from." Woohyun explained.
Wow. I come here every week, yet I still didn't know her name. That's a shame. I should be ashamed of myself. I'm a horrible person, did you know that?
"Kim Taeyeon's too busy to help us read to the kids. She claims that Mr. Baekh can actually teach us something well..." Dongwoo retorted.
I stifled a laugh right there. That was kind of true. But somehow, I was kind of shocked. Taeyeon actually pays attention in class? The kids finally came. Soohee, my favorite one, came up to me.
"Haikyn Noona!! What happened to you?! You look... You look... Like them..." she whispered to me, pointing at the girls that were evidently the 'Queenkas' who didn't want to come.
"You look horrible! Where's your old clothes? And your pretty, messy hair in a bun?" she asked, in the cutest way possible.
The only reason why she was my favorite, because she thought that I was beautiful just the way I was originally. Why, you may ask? Because she was exactly like me, so she looked up to me. I suddenly felt bad. I forced a smile.
"Ani...Aniya. I'm not Haikyn. I'm her twin sister. Junae." I lied through my teeth.
I kind of regretted it.
"Oh... Well then you should be just like your sister! I hate people who tried their best to look pretty and perfect like it's needed in life." she told me bluntly, before running back to her seat.
I was completely shocked. I never knew how blunt —and cold — she could be. Myungsoo probably saw what happened, because he came up to me, and pecked me on the cheek.
"She doesn't mean it, Junae-ah. You're beautiful." he whispered into my ear.
I could tell that his jaw was clenched.
"I know... It doesn't bother me. She can think whatever she likes." I told Myungsoo, before sitting down. He gave me a small smile, before sitting down next to me.
"Annyeonghaseyo guys! We're Infinite!" Sunggyu exclaimed.
The kids started to giggle. I cracked a smile. Sunggyu could be so adorable when wanted.
"Yah! Why are you guys laughing? That hurts..." Sungyeol said, pretending that he was sad.
He put his hand onto his heart, and pretended to cry. The kids laughed, and I smiled widely. They were really good at entertaining the kids.

 


Jonghyun looked at the door. He was wondering where you, and the rest of Infinite in his home room, were.

They better not have kidnapped her or something. Poor Haikyn...

His thoughts vanished when the door opened when 'second period' started. His head jerked to see who entered.
 


I entered the door with Sungyeol, Woohyun and Dongwoo by my side. Reading with the kids were actually fun! It wasn't anything like I suspected, although I felt a little hurt when Daeyoung told the guys that they should replace me every week.
"You're back." Mr. Baekh commented, not looking away from the board.
Woohyun nodded his head.
"Neh."
"Get to your sits. We weren't learning anything new."
Dongwoo placed my board by the door, before walking to his seat. I followed, and took my sit next to Jonghyun.
"What happened?" he whispered to me.
I opened my mouth to reply, when Mr. Baekh started to talk.
"I'll tell you later..."

 


Lunch was no different routine. I wasn't so bothered by the stares anymore, surprisingly. Probably because the numbers had lessen, since I was now officially Myungsoo's girlfriend.
"Noona!" Sungjong exclaimed.
I smiled.
"Sungjong! How was class?"
I could feel myself warm up to these boys very easily.
"It was boring compared to our morning!" he whined.
I chuckled, but I found it very easy to believe. I noticed that Myungsoo wasn't around.
"Where's Myungsoo?" I suddenly asked, as I moved my head to look for him.
"Sunggyu and Myungsoo got held back. They have to learn what they missed in the morning." Dongwoo told me with a shrug.
"What? Junae misses her boyfriend already?" Hoya teased, before ruffling my hair.
I frowned, before fixing my hair almost naturally. When have I ever done that?
"She probably doesn't like us." Sungyeol said with a frown.
I widened my eyes.
"Aniya! Aniya! That's not it! I was just curious... That's all."
Someone hugged me from behind. I jumped in shock.
"Curious about what?"
That voice was a bit familiar... I turned around to see Myungsoo smiling brightly. I returned the smile, and hugged him.
"I was curious about you!"
I could see Woohyun's face wrinkle in disgust.
"So lovey dovey... I did NOT sign up for this..."
Dongwoo pouted.
"How come I don't get a girlfriend like you Junae-ah? Mine..." he started without finishing, glancing down the hall.
His girlfriend, Seohyun, was signing on a piece of paper on the school's bulletin board. I wondered what she was writing.
"She's signing up for another club, eh?" Woohyun asked, grinning.
Dongwoo sighed, and nodded his head dejectedly.
"Yeah... She's so busy with clubs, she has no time for me! I want a girlfriend who will miss me like Junae!" he exclaimed.
Myungsoo chuckled, and wrapped his arms around me protectively.
"She's mine, and you can't have her."
"Can I have her?" Sungyeol asked, wriggling his eyebrows.
Sunggyu snorted.
"Please. You're not even on her level."
Sungyeol pouted while everyone chuckled.
"Let's get to lunch hyungs! I'm starving!" Sungjong pouted.
I patted my stomach. I had to agree with the boy.
"You hungry too?" Myungsoo asked me.
I nodded. When am I not hungry?
"Neh... And I kind of want more then a salad today."
Myungsoo chuckled.
"You can share lunch with me today then. Lets go!" he exclaimed, before slinging his arm around me comfortably and walking towards the lunch room.
I beamed brightly, ignoring the surprised faces on SHINee's face.

 


"Woohyun-ah! Will you help me with this problem?" Taeyeon asked, as she came over.
I seriously had to hit back the urge to roll my eyes. She laid the sheet down on the table. I was surprised how much she had already done. I would've waited until I got home. Woohyun pulled out his calculator.
"I think... You divide this, and then you add this and this, and then you find the square root of this, and then square this number, and then you should get your parabola." Woohyun said, typing into his calculator, and showing Taeyeon the screen.
She hurriedly jotted down what Woohyun wrote. Her eyes lit up, but then dimmed again.
"But... Didn't Mr. Baekh teach us that we had to add the opposite of this, and then square root this number, then subtract and add this together, but then cube then square this number..." She told him, scratching her head.
I stared at her in astonishment. I didnt know she memorized the whole thing. Woohyun chuckled.
"If you wanted to use the long way, why didn't you tell me?"
Taeyeon pouted, and began to write down the steps that Woohyun told her. I saw her scribble 'Faster Way to Find the Parabola on the HW' on top of the sheet.
"Thanks Woohyun! You're a life saver!" she exclaimed with a smile, before prancing back to her seat.
I noticed Woohyun turn a shade pinker. Does that mean...
"Man, Woohyun. You've got it bad." Sungyeol chuckled.
Woohyun frowned.
"I'm not blushing that much, am I?"
"You are Woohyun... You are." Myungsoo commented, before taking a sip of his milk.
"So you like Taeyeon?" I blurted, accidentally of course.
Hoya snickered.
"Like? Hmm... More like LOOOVVEEE." he stretched out, putting his hand to his heart.
Woohyun pushed Hoya's head.
"Yah! I'm not in love with her!"
I laughed softly. Woohyun's cute. Like Minho when Jonghyun found out that he liked Nicole.
"Noona agrees with us!" Sungjong exclaimed.
I nodded my head.
"It seems like it."
"Ha!" Sunggyu told him.
He shrank under the looks, hiding his meek smile.
"I seriously don't LOVE her... Maybe... A tiny crush."
Dang... I never knew Kingkas could be so shy.
"You should invite her out to a movie or something." Dongwoo told him, wriggling his eyebrows.
Sungyeol nodded his head.
"Neh! 19 with TOP and Seungri is reshowing tonight."
Woohyun scratched the back of his neck.
"Should I really?"
All of us nodded our heads. Of course we wanted him to pursue his crush!
"Yes!" We all exclaimed.
"I'll... I'll ask her after school."
"Yes!" Sunggyu exclaimed.
Everyone looked at him. He smiled sheepishly.
"I needed my dongsaengie to finally ask the girl he liked out. I mean... I keep hearing how perfect she was! It was like he was married to her or something!"
Myungsoo smirked a bit, as Woohyun blushed even harder.
"Speaking of dates... I'm wondering if you want to go to this cafe with me after school. Are you free?" He asked me.
Wait... He just asked me out to a date?! Seriously?
"Jin-jinjia?" I asked, not meaning to stutter.
He smiled, and nodded his head.
"It's a new place. I heard that it was good, and I suddenly thought that you and I should go together... I mean, I don't know how long you'll stay so I want to spend as much time with you as possible." He told me, a glint of hope in his eyes.
I could almost feel myself melt. Like, seriously. Kim Myungsoo has the most beautiful brown eyes in the world... It almost replaces... Jonghyun. Wait... Jonghyun? OMO! I just remembered! I had movie night with him today! Otteoke? What do I do? Myungsoo... Or Jonghyun?
"... Junae?" Myungsoo asked, as he waved his hand in front of my face.
I shook my head. My head of pounding. Who do I choose?
"Junae-ah... If you don't want to come, I understand." Myungsoo told me, as he placed his hand on my shoulder.
I suddenly looked up, and shook my head.
"Aniya, Aniya! I want to go! But... I kind of had other plans for today after school." I told him.
To my surprise, he sighed of relief.
"Oh, okay. I thought that you didn't want to be alone with me."
I looked at him.
"Ani... Why would I think that?" I asked him.
I mean... It wasnt a lie. He smiled.
"I'm sorry... It's just, I just don't want you to think that this was a one time thing with you, because I really do like you... A lot."
My heart almost melted. Crap... Why is Kim Myungsoo making me feel this way? He hates me in real life!
"Anyways, what about tomorrow? You free?" he asked me.
I nodded my head, and replied with, "Neh! I'm free tomorrow."
He grinned, and put his arm around me.
"Great! I'll take you after school."
I rested my head onto his broad shoulders. Maybe this experiment wasn't so bad...

 


Jonghyun sighed, as he saw how comfortable you were with Myungsoo.
"How am I supposed to compete with him? She probably forgot about our movie night by now..." he muttered to himself.
He balled up a piece of paper in his hand. He hates how the 'project' was making you turn... Into someone you're not. You skipped class, skip this, skip that. What if... You decided to stay like that forever? That wouldn't be good. But now that he thought about it... Infinite hasn't been bullying in a while. Maybe she's changing them for the better, while tainting herself? Never less, she shouldn't change just to hate them. Jonghyun unballed the piece of paper in his hand. If she ditched him for them, he's going to be very disappointed.

 


Omg.. guys.. I haven't updated this story in such a long time... 

This has been like, last of my fic list >_<

I'll try to update more, just for you guys, kay?

and i've also 'revamped' the story.

like it?

--woaiexo