Eyes On You

As You Wish

Hana's POV-

 

Being Ji Hye’s maid of honor, I find myself being called down to sit in on wedding planning once again. My favorite place to be on a nice day like this. Yeah right. I roll my eyes.

 

I walked in late that day since Lyn had me do some extra chores in the morning as my punishment for yesterday’s incident. As I come into the room, I feel everyone’s eyes on me. I bow politely, and quietly walk over to my seat. Looking over at AJ, I notice he has a very confused expression on his face. After what happened the other day with Ji Hye calling me a peasant, I’m not surprised that he is confused. But he looks so cute with that look on his face. He turns his attention back to the planning, but I keep mine on him and Ji Hye.

 

Ji Hye wraps a slithery arm around AJ’s waist and hugs him tight as they sit next to each other. With her free hand, she entwines their fingers. I could tell just by looking at how AJ’s hand is, he doesn't want to be holding her hand. Ji Hye’s grip on his hand is tight, and his is loose. Practically limp, waiting for when he can remove it. I can’t believe how much Ji Hye is in love with AJ, and how much he isn’t in love with her.

 

I know he doesn't want her. I don’t know how Ji Hye hasn’t figured that out for herself yet.

 

 

AJ's POV-

 

I feel awkward as Ji Hye starts touching me. This doesn’t feel right. Someone else should be embracing me and holding my hand. Thankfully, it ends quickly; Ji Hye begins to cough nonstop. Suddenly, she runs out of the room holding her hand over . I remember she had said she felt sick earlier this morning before the planning, but I thought she was just saying that for attention. Or as her way of telling me, “Take care of me, I need you, give me attention”.

 

Everyone was waiting for Ji Hye to come back, but she didn’t. We soon receive news from the nurse that she has a fever. The wedding planning is now postponed.

 

I scan around for Hana as everyone begins to leave the room. I spot her in the crowd of people exiting and place a hand on her arm before she can get out the door, keeping her from leaving me. The familiar yet comforting aroma of flowers fills my nostrils as she is finally close to me.

 

“…Yes, your majesty?” she asks, slightly confused.

 

“AJ. Please call me AJ.” I say with a sigh.

 

“I’m sorry. I would, but Lyn is my boss and I am only allowed to call you Prince Jaeseop, Sir, or Your Majesty.”

 

She’s acting strange because of yesterday, I think to myself. I shake my head and place my hands on Hana’s shoulders, which causes her jump a little. “There’s no one in here. No one is around. Call me AJ.” I say, looking into her eyes. She nods slowly as if in a daze.

 

“This may sound kind of rude… but… why are you here?” I ask.

 

“Well… Um… it’s a long story…”

 

Hah, I laugh to myself, she probably just doesn’t want to tell me. “I’ve got time. Go ahead and explain.”

 

“Ah… long story short… Ji Hye begged me to be her maid of honor…”

 

“And..?”

 

“I agreed to it…” She says quietly, looking down at her feet.

 

Hana's POV-

 

“Hey,” AJ tilts my head up to look at him. “Don’t worry about it. It’ll be okay. Trust me.” He smiles softly. He knows all of the right words to say. I nod and reach up to fix my hair, finding that AJ beat me to it; when my hand touches his I flinch out of surprise and look up at him with a smile, knowing my cheeks must be pink. He smile another charming smile as if nothing happened.

 

“You seem a little down. Is there anything wrong?” AJ asks me. I freeze up, not expecting that question.

 

“No.” I answer sharply, a little too sharply.

 

That was a lie. Honestly, I want to tell you I think I’m falling for you…

 

I can’t believe what my mind just said. Falling for him?

 

“Hmm, are you positive?" asks AJ as he lifts one eyebrow.

 

"Yes!" I eagerly nod to assure him i'm perfectly fine.

 

If you say so then. I’ll see you later, Hana.” AJ pats me on the head and walks out of the room.

 

AJ's POV-

 

I knock on the door to the guest bedroom where Ji Hye is staying.

 

“Come in.” I turn the knob and walk in to the center of the room. Ji Hye is lying in bed, dressed in pajamas, with a box of tissues in her lap. “Oh, oppa, it’s you!” She says excitedly with a big smile, “I’m glad you’re here. Could you please massage my-“

 

“Why did you ask Hana to be your maid of honor? Why don’t you pick of one of your friends?” I interrupt, not wanting to hear about her silly needs.

 

“…Why can’t I?”

 

“Answer my question first.”

 

“Because I can. There. Now answer my question. Why can’t I have Hana as my maid of honor?”

 

“Because…” I need to think of a reason she’ll believe. If I say anything about thinking Hana is beautiful or… anything of the sort, Ji Hye will be mad.  “Because I know your friend Sunhwa said back when we were first engaged that she really wanted to do it. And… would you really want a castle maid to be the maid of honor in our wedding?” I have to talk bad about Hana or Ji Hye won’t believe me. “I recall that you called her a peasant at one of the wedding plannings. Why would you want a peasant there?” It hurts me to talk about Hana like this.

 

“I suppose you’re right. But Sunhwa was just kidding. You know that. She’s so full of herself that she’d try to make the wedding about her,” Ji Hye replies, “I’ll think about it. Okay?”

 

“Alright. I’ve got to go now. Goodbye, Ji Hye.”

 

“Bye oppa!”


____________________________________________________-

 

“Hey umma.” I say as I sit on the edge of my mother’s bed.

 

“Jaeseop-ah! What brings you here to see me?” She says, touching my hand genuinely. The touch is comforting.

 

“It’s about Ji Hye…” I proceed to tell my umma about Ji Hye and Hana’s situation, and how I feel about it. “It’s just not right. I feel like Ji Hye is doing this for a reason. A bad reason. But I’m not sure what it is she is planning.”

 

“I see. You want to protect Hana from Ji Hye. I would just keep a close eye on her. Especially when she and Ji Hye are together. Talk to Hana a lot too, and ask her if everything is alright to be sure that Ji Hye isn’t doing anything wrong. I’m not sure as for what to say about what you can do about Hana being the maid of honor; all I can say is to try your best, and don’t let anyone get hurt.”

 

“Thank you umma,” I say, giving her a kiss on the cheek, “that helps. Stay healthy, okay?”

 

“About that… my health…”

 

“Yes, umma?” I feel the worry start to engulf me.

 

“…The doctor says that time is limited.” She says grimly.

 

I have nothing to say after that. I pull my umma into my arms and hug her, resisting the tears that begin to well up in my eyes. I knew that she didn’t have much time left, but I didn’t think I would be told this so soon. I hug her tight and tell her I love her until my tears stop.


_______________________________________________

Later that afternoon, I go to the sunroom to try and calm my worrisome nerves. The sunroom is my favorite place in the castle. It was where I would watch the sunset with my mother through the windows, and where my dad would read books to me when I was young. There is a large flower garden that you could see just outside the large windows.

 

I take a seat in my favorite blue chair and close my eyes, absorbing the heat from the sun. When I open my eyes, I see Hana watering and t the flowers outside.

 

Her long, dark hair is tied up and my fingers are just itching to release her silky locks. Her beautiful chocolate orbs seem to shine even brighter when she looks at the newly watered flowers. She really loves flowers, maybe that's why she always smell like sweet flowers. The fairness of her skin seems to glow as she works; even the sweat from a hard day's work on her forehead is beautiful. I smile as I start to notice her cute habits. The way she has a slight pout on her beautiful lips while she concentrates and how she has a look of triumph on her face as she finishes t a rose without pricking herself.

 

I sigh and continue to watch her as she works while thinking about everything my mother has told me. Why can't you be the one I marry instead of that needy Ice Cube we call Ji Hye? 

 

 

_______________________________

A/N: kekekekeke c: i assume you guys saw the STOP GIRL teaser pics for Eli and Kiseop?? :DD *excited*

Just to let you all know.... well, any of you who were subscribed to my Eli fic "31 Days", you know that I deleted it. Well, it's gonna come back! January 2013 ! I'm working on fixing stuff on it now will start writing it again around late November and in December so it will be ready by January! You guys can wait til then right? :3 if you can't thats too bad coz you'll have to wait til then anyways xD

follow me, twitter & instagram! @giyegakait32

Co-author's Note ;D -

OMG YOU GUYS! We updated much faster than last time xD ! Do you love us even more now? Cause I luuuuurve all of you beautiful cupcake-faces ;D 

Sooo i've created a separate account to write my own fanfics :o but I cannot reveal the identity of my new account until it gets uber popular :P Well, if it does :) 

This magical skittle baby (what I like to call our chapters xD ) would not be possible without both of our creative minds working together, I love you wifey :3 

Now, follow me on twitter! @ChristinaMG95 ;D sorry about our shameless advertising. Til next time! <3 <3 <3 <3