Traveling

The Missing Piece

They would’ve taken a plane, they would’ve taken a train, hell they would’ve taken a bus, but the sad reality was that all 3 were broke… so they decided to drive.

Taemin threw in the last suitcase and checked on the ropes, which were holding down the rest of their belongings above the small, four door, green colored, geo metric before getting in.

He was told that he was finally gonna get to meet the rest of the cast so they could rehears and do the show.

“Let’s go!” he said excitedly as he closed the car door behind him.

“Do we have everything?” Jonghyun asked

“Yup.” Taemin and Minho answered in unison.

“Does anyone have to use the bathroom?”

The 3 looked at each other before quickly getting out of the car and heading back inside.

•5 minutes later•

Minho got in the driver’s seat and Taemin got into the back.

“Let’s go!” Taemin said again.

They had traveled about 3 blocks when Taemin popped out from the back.

“Where’s Jjong Hyung?” He asked leaning against the front seats.

Minho slammed on the brakes and almost sent the younger one flying.

“I thought he was back there with you!”

Taemin threw his hair back and shook his head.

Minho was about to turn around when suddenly he saw a short blonde tipped figure making his way towards the car. The closer he came the more Minho was tempted to drive away to avoid getting yelled at.

Jonghyun got in without saying a single word. He just sat there with his arms cross, panting hard and glaring at Minho.

Minho gave him a goofy smile and shrugged his shoulders. “Sorry.” He said as he pulled back on the road.

“HOW COULD YOU FORGET ME?!?” Jonghyun finally snapped.

Taemin sat back, put his headphones on and closed his eyes. This was going to be a long ride.

✗✗

~Silence~

“Let’s play a game.” Taemin suggested for the sixth time.

“No.” Jonghyun said changing the radio station. All he got was static so he shut it off and cross his arms in anger.

“IT’S SO BORING!” Taemin yelled. He suddenly noticed that there was an aux input on the car stereo so he quickly plugged in his iPod.

~Silence~

A melody came on and subconsciously, Taemin along to it.

There's only two types of people in the world. The ones that entertain and the ones that observe
well baby, I'm a put-on-a-show kind of guy. Don't like the backseat, gotta be first.
I'm a like the ringleader, I call the shots. I'm like a firecracker I make it hot, when I put on a shooooow
I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins. Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break. I'm like a performer; the dance floor is my stage. Better be ready, hope that you feel the same.”

3 minutes later

~Silence~

It was Jonghyun’s turn.

Hey Juliet, I think you're fine. You really blow my mind. Maybe someday, you and me can run away
I just want you to know, I wanna be your Romeo. Hey Julieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet”

•4 minutes later•

~Silence~

Suddenly a beat came on that Minho couldn’t resist singing along to.

“oh myyyy”

“Oh hell nah!” Jonghyun said trying to change the song, but Minho wouldn’t let him.

“Oh my gosh. I did it again, so I’m gone let the beat drop. Oh my gosh.
Baby let me love you down. There's so many ways to love ya
baby I can break you down. There's so many ways to love ya
I mean like, ooh my gosh I’m so in love. I found you finally, it make me want to say
oh, oh , oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
oh my gosh.”

Minho and Jonghyun took turns driving and they traveled through the night as much as they could, but would eventually stop to get proper sleep, well Jonghyun would anyway.

As Jonghyun slept, Minho and Taemin would stay awake, looking up at the twinkling stars and full moon. Every now and then they would hear coyotes and mice scampering across the dry grass, that no one, not even farmers tended. Why would they, they were in the middle of now where.

They would stay awake and talk about more intimate things. Their pasts, embarrassing moments, people they’ve met, dreams,

As hours passed and the stars grew brighter, they grew closer.

And Minho grew guiltier knowing that he was lying.

`Would Min still do this if he knew the truth? Would he still do this if he knew I was just using him to get money?`

On the third day of their trip Minho was growing tired (of the same old boring scenery of fields mounts and trees) and Jonghyun was sleeping soundly in the back.

“Wanna turn?” Minho asked as he finished yawning.

“Mmm, I don’t think so.” Taemin replied shaking his head.

“Why not?”

“I’ve never driven a car before.”

“What?!? You’ve got to be kidding me! Never?”

“Nope.” Taemin said.

Minho came to a stop and got out.

“What are you doing?”

“Come on.” Minho said as he opened the door and pulled Taemin out. “You’re going to learn how to drive.”

After changing seats Minho began to explain.

“This is called a stick. We use it to change gears. The faster you go the higher the gear. To changed gears, you let go of the gas, and step on the clutch, the far left pedal. Once you’ve changed let go of the clutch as you step on the gas, the right one. The middle one is the brake. When you come to a stop put the stick in neutral. Don’t let go of the clutch if the car is in gear or else it’ll shut off. Got it?” Minho asked out of breath.

“I. think. so.” Taemin said slowly as he looked at all the numbers and pedals.

This would’ve been much easier if he had been paying attention to what Minho had been saying instead paying attention to his lips.

Taemin tried to do with the little he did hear and put the car in 1st gear. The car slowly started to move and Taemin started to panic. Luckily Minho was there to calm him. “

I’m driving! I’m driving!” Taemin shouted excitedly.

Minho laughed at Taemin’s cuteness. “Good, now let’s see if we can go a little faster the 5 mph.”

Once they reached 5th gear and were going 70, Taemin had lost his fear and had gotten the hang of it.

 “When did you get your license?” he asked turning to Minho, who was getting ready to fall asleep.

“I didn’t.” he smiled.

✗✗

“You missed our exit!” Jonghyun yelled as removed the map off his face once more. The wind seemed to like blowing it there and the sweat on his forehead helped it stick. Minho had opened the windows since the AC didn’t work and it was almost 98 degrees outside.

“No I didn’t!” Minho replied changing lanes. “We get off at i-83 not i-38!”

“Admit it you guys, we’re lost!” Taemin said.

“We’re not lost!” Jonghyun insisted “Just disoriented…”

“Why don’t we just stop and ask for directions? We need to stop for gas anyway.” Taemin said looking at the gas meter.

“I told you we should’ve filled up 2 hours ago.” Minho said quietly to his friend.

Jonghyun looked at Minho with guilty eyes.

“What’s wrong with filling up in the next town?” Taemin asked

What Taemin didn’t know was the Jonghyun and Minho were wanted men in that town. Minho was wanted because of who his dad was and Jonghyun was wanted because his association with Minho.

“Uh…” Minho and Jonghyun said.

“Gas prices!” Jonghyun said rolling his eyes. “Ridiculous.”

“Well we better stop unless you want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere.”

Jonghyun and Minho looked at each other and gulped as they passed a sign that said:

“Welcome to Anyang.”

 

✗м α ℓ к σ м ' ѕ к σ я и є я✗

Ooooh I wonder what’s gonna happen…. LOL

Just a little something to avoid writer’s block :D

I’ve always wondered what it would be like to go on a road trip with SHINee…

P.s. I didn’t reread.

I LOVED ALL YOUR COMMENTS! THEY MADE ME LAUGH LOL

COMMENT REPLIES NEXT CHAPTER ^O^

I LOVE YOU~