Maybe He'll Find Us

The Missing Piece

✗6 years later✗

“I fed you! I clothed you!” the old woman said as she dragged Taemin out the door.

“You put a roof over my head.” Taemin said rolling his eyes as he finished the same repeated sentence he’d heard for the past 12 years.

The woman looked back and gave him a death glare.

For the past 6 years Taemin had been living in an orphanage. There wasn’t a day that passed where he wished his family, or any family, would come find him. But unlike the other kids that would get adopted every other day, he wasn’t as fortunate. That never discouraged him. It only made him grow stronger and promise himself, when he was old enough, he would go out and find the family that never found him. As the years passed that dream seem to grow farther and farther away but his faith in finding a family and someday being loved never faltered.

“It’s time you made something of yourself!” the woman said as she pushed Taemin down the steps.

“Where am I supposed to sleep?” Taemin asked  

“That’s not my problem.” The woman said going back into the house.

Taemin kicked at the ground as he made his way to the gate. He heard footsteps behind him and smiled knowing who it was.

“I got you a job as a waiter in a small coffee shop.” Mrs. Jung whispered catching up to him. She placed a wad of cash in Taemin’s hands.

“Ajumma, I can’t take this!” Taemin said refusing the money

“No I want you to have it.” She said putting the money back in his hands. “You’re going to need it.”

“Thank you.” He said quietly as he hugged her. “I’ll never forget you.”

As much as Taemin hated that orphanage, Mrs. Jung was one of the reasons why he didn’t want to leave. She was looked after him ever since he arrived at that horrid place. He also liked taking care of the younger kids and the kids loved having him around. He was like the big brother they never had. But the old woman was right. It was time that he found himself a place in the world, even if it was only a waiter in a coffee shop. Taemin adjusted the headphones around his ears and opened the tall iron gate.

“Anything?” Mrs. Jung asked him one last time, hoping he would remember something about his past.

Taemin simply shrugged and shook his head. That was his usual answer for everything.

“Do you have all of your belongings?” she asked getting ready to close the gate. She noticed that all Taemin had was the clothes on his back and his music device she never learned how to use.

He flashed her a small smile as he patted his pocket and clutched his necklace close to his chest.

She smiled lightly and waved as she watched Taemin walk down the small trail and disappear into the distance. A tear rolled down her cheek. She was going to miss him.

✗✗✗

Taemin stood outside looking up at the sign. `Jitters` he read to himself.  Out of all the coffee shops in the world, he was stuck working at a place called `Jitters`. He sighed loudly before opening the door and stepping inside.

Looking around there was nothing fancy about the place. It was quiet but welcoming. Taemin noticed a line of men. It seemed odd that it wasn’t for coffee. At the other end of the room Taemin saw two figures, who seem to be interviewing them. Not knowing what to do Taemin just stood and stared until and taller male tapped him on the shoulder.

“Min, right?” The manager asked.

“Yeah” Taemin said removing his headphones

“I’m Changmin. Old lady Jung told me about you.” He smiled. “Here.” he said tossing Taemin an apron. Table 6 needs some cleaning up.

✗✗✗

“I’m sorry” Minho said kindly. He stood up and bowed politely. “But you’re just not what we’re looking for right now.” The man bowed as well and took his leave.

Minho looked down at his partner in crime, who was sitting down crossing names off the list. He was trying to avoid Minho’s gaze because he knew what he was going to say. He looked up anyway.

“One more” Minho begged, sticking his lower lip out in a pout.

“That’s what you said 17 people ago.” Jonghyun said agitated. “I’m tired, I’m hungry, and I’m bored. “

As they argued the boy who was next on the list walked up to their table.

 “Ugh! No! Next!” Jonghyun said taking one look at boy and turning him away. “Why are we doing this again?” Jonghyun asked annoyed already knowing the answer.

“Because” Minho said taking a seat next to his friend and pulling out a newspaper article.

“Mr. Lee refuses to believe that his son is dead.” He read out loud. “50 Billion won for anyone who can provide any kind of information on his son’s whereabouts or can bring him back.”

“All we have to do is find someone who LOOKS and ACTS like the real Lee Taemin, teach him a few things about the company and his family history and BAM we’re rich!” Minho said with a twinkle in his eye.

“The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Jonghyun said with a smile referring to Minho’s dad.

A few years ago Minho had stopped talking to his father. Tired of always running from the police and hiding out, he simply got up and left. Having to fend for himself, Minho remembered a thing or two from his dad about how to con people and how easy it was. Before he knew it, Minho had become the person he despised.

Minho rolled his eyes, trying to remember out of all his other friends why he had chosen Jonghyun to help him do this. Then he remembered. If anyone knew the Lee history it was Jonghyun. His dad was head of security in the Lee residence a while back and he would always tell and show Jonghyun all sorts of interesting things. Family secrets, emblems, pictures.

What is the son of a cop doing with the son of a con man? Funny story actually. Jonghyun was in his rebellious stage and Minho happened to be walking by when Jonghyun was breaking into a house. Seeing as the shorter male was doing a terrible job, Minho insisted on helping him and they’ve become inseparable ever since.

“How do you even know we’ll find someone that looks like him?” Jonghyun asked continuing his rant.

Minho looked away trying to drown out the voice of his friend when he saw Taemin escorting people to their seats a few tables over.

He was incredibly good looking. He had his hair tied back in a pony tail, he was wearing cargo pants and a black shirt that fit well on his slim body. Minho could see a small chain around the boy’s neck that was hidden inside his shirt. The best part was that he looked exactly like the boy in a picture. The same eyes and face structure.

“Maybe we don’t have to.” Minho said grabbing Jonghyun’s face and force it in the direction he was looking. “Maybe he’ll find us.”

“Hey Changmin.” Minho called out to his friend as he walked by “Who’s the new guy?"

“Who Min? All I know is that he’s an orphan who lost his memory.” Changmin said as he continued to sweep.

Minho and Jonghyun looked at each other and raised an eyebrow at the same time.

“Min” Minho said as a smile spread across his face.

 

✗м α ℓ к σ м ' ѕ к σ я и є я✗

Okay so I’m not dead! LOL sorry I’ve just been not in a writing mood and plus I’ve been getting out of the house more. . .weird >.<

I GOT A NEW LAPTOP TODAY! IT’S A 15.6”TOSHIBA! IT’S SOOOOOOO PRETTY. . . I NAMED IT IKE! :D

It’s late and I didn’t reread so I hope it makes sense. :)

 

COMMENT REPLIES NEXT CHAPTER! ^ ^