From Taemin to Min

The Missing Piece

13 year old Minho had walked into his dad’s “work shop” but as always his dad was too busy to notice. Minho could here him talking into the phone.

“I have him. Now all we need to do is asked for the ransom. Of course it’ll work out, just do exactly what I say. Meet me in the usual place so we can go over the place one more time.”

Minho was about to leave when he saw a boy no younger then him tied to a chair with his mouth taped shut. His eyes were red and swollen from crying and his wrists were bleeding from where his skin had been rubbing against the rope.

Minho had seen him plenty of times on TV but never knew who he was.

“I’m going out.” Minho’s dad panted “Whatever you do don’t let him go.” He instructed ruffling his son’s hair and walking out the door.

Minho made his what over to the frightened boy and sad down on the floor next to him. He stared at the younger boy trying to make sense of why he was here. Why was his dad doing this?

Even though he was young he knew something was wrong.

“Shhh.” Minho said with a finger to his lips.

The other boy nodded.

Minho carefully removed the tape. “What’s your name?”

“Lee Taemin” he replied in a small whimper as he shivered

Minho burst out the door. After a few minute later he came back with a blanket under his arm and a first aid kit in his hand. He untied the boy and wrapped him with the blanket.

He then sat in front of Taemin and began to tend his wounds. Minho was used to this since every other night when his would come home with a new cut or bruise. Minho never really understood why but his dad had a knack for getting into trouble.

“Here” Minho said handing Taemin a pop tart. Two bites and it was gone. It must’ve been days since he last ate.

“Cool necklace” Minho said when he saw the chain around Taemin’s neck. It was some sort of ring with a weird design obviously too big for the boy’s finger.

“My daddy gave it to me.” Taemin smiled as he clutched it against his chest, quickly becoming sad again.

A weird feeling swept over Minho. He knew what it was like to love a parent and he knew what it was like to be taken from them. Minho once got lost at a fair because he had wondered off. Luckily his dad found him but it was the worst 5 minutes of his life. Minho missed that dad.

After his mother died his father changed. He was likely to sell Minho all for the sake of money.

“Come on” Minho said taking Taemin’s hand. “I’m taking you home.” Minho himself didn’t know why he was doing this. He had no idea where this boy lived. He also knew that if his dad found out he was get beaten for sure but for some reason it seemed worth it.

✗✗✗

Hand in hand the boys had made it to town. It was a Saturday so the streets were packed with people. Only then did it occur to Minho to ask Taemin where he lived.

“In my house” Taemin replied

“But where?” Minho said become a little frustrated. He knew Taemin was small but damn this boy was dumb.

Taemin just shrugged. All he could remember was a really long car ride. One he didn’t really enjoy because he had a bag over his most on the time.

Suddenly and almost as if on cue, the crowed street parted and at the end of the Minho saw his father looking at him with disappointment. Furious he began to walk towards them.

“Run!” Minho shouted pulling Taemin behind him. They zig-zagged through the crowd of people. Jumping over  and under food stands trying hard to keep out of his father’s reach. They had ran no less then 4 blocks when suddenly Minho turned to check on Taemin only to find that he was no longer there. Minho was too busy trying to get away that he hadn’t noticed when the smaller boy had let go of his hand.

“Taemin! Taemin!” he climbed some stairs and tried shout over the roar of the busy street but it was no use. Taemin was no where to be found.

✗✗✗

The next thing Taemin knew he was waking up in a bright room with a massive head ache.

“You’re finally awake!” Greeted an elderly woman. “I was so worried you hit your head pretty hard. What is your name, dear?”

Taemin was suddenly stumped.  What was his name? Who was he? In the back of his head he could hear a faint sound calling him “Min. Min. Min.” it said. Little did he know it’s what his cousin Key called him all the time.

“Min.” he finally replied not completely sure himself.

“What is your family name?” the woman asked

He shook his head “Min.” Taemin said again.

 
✗м α ℓ к σ м ' ѕ   к σ я и є я✗

So there’s the first chapter. I had this whole story written out and then I realized I lost the notebook it was in >=[ So now I have to start over from scratch!

Idk why but every time I rewrite something from its original it’s never as good  >.<

But I’ll do my best!

 

Shineeing: Please read! I want to keep updating! ^ ^

mannyKISSME: Thanks! Hope you like it! XD

renprix: I’ll try!

xonlyhalfmad: Now you know :P

Chirisaa: LMAO Don’t worry he’s fine . . . sorta >.<

XxilovkpopxX: At least he’s not with the bad man anymore D: