Chapter 03 – Graduation is getting near

Are you my daddy long legs?

[From the dorms to the school, Pau runs with all her might thinking that if she were late that strict person will punish her. When she arrives at the gate, the student council officer already starting to close the gate and luck was on her side.]

“WAIT!!!  Don’t close the gate yet!” she yelled to the officers.

“Pau, did you’re your alarm clock gave you the wrong time? Again?” one of the student council officers named Jake asked.

“Yeah, thanks to grace I made it on time.” She answered with heavy breathing.

“Oh don’t stop know, it’s only the closing of the gate that you’ve it in. your class probable started already.” He said teasingly.

[She was shock about the fact she forgot about that and she is going to get punish. And the officers around chuckled because you can’t even paint her expression.]

“What am I going to do?” she asked herself.

“Aw don’t panic, just do what you usually do. Just use your charm.” Jake said with a cute smile.

“Hahaha very funny, I need to go now, bye.” She said to Jake and run off.

[When entered the classroom she saw her friends and classmates chatting and all. She wondered is that she wasn’t there yet. She knows that her teacher in math is not the type to be late. She went to her seat and turned around to…]

“Grace, why is she not here?” Pau asked about the teacher.

“Well apparently the teachers have a meeting about our graduation. We have self study until lunch. ”Grace informed her.

“Graduation… isn’t like four months from now?” she asked.

“They said the chairman wanted the graduation this year special. May be because he studied here?” Grace guessed.

“Why just this year that he wants the graduation special? Ah forget it that does not matter. By the way what matter is college… do you know which school are you going?”

“Don’t know yet, by the way you have a very strange luck on you.” She complemented on Pau in a teasing way.

 “Thanks, good thing professor is not here.” she replied.

“I always wonder whenever you get in trouble your luck acts up and bang problem solve.” She said to Pau.

“Hey don’t asked me that, how should I know if I have a guardian angel that helps me all the time.” She said while smiling and imagining what an angel looks like, white wings, and handsome.

Then Grace pinched both of her cheeks and said ‘stop dreaming girl that guardian angel of yours might turn in to a devil.’

“Aw don’t be like that. Even if there is an angel out there it would probably be you, hehehe” she said in a teasing way.

“Be serious about this, Pau it’s already weird when it comes to you luck but add the fact that you have a benefactor and you don’t even know him.” she said worried about her best friend’s past, present and future.

“I know…” she pouted. “But I can’t really do anything about that, tried to but evidence or information about him is hard to obtain, except for that fact that he was my father’s friend. Besides I needed the help.” She said.

“Did you really try?” Grace asked.

“Of course I did. There was one time when I was about to pay my tuition fee, as saw a man pass by me wearing s coat with the hood covering his face. When I went to the counter, the lady said that man already paid my tuition. Every time I needed money I always keep my eyes peeled, but he always slips away.” She said while reminiscing.

“That means he’s a tricky man alright. I wonder if you should fake an illness or something. May be he might show up.” She suggested.

“Been there, done that. It has no effect; he will just send someone again or worse.” Pau said.

“He does not want to let you know who he is, but why and another problem is that he may be so rich that he already put surveillance on you. Ok my head hurt. ” she announced.

“That’s impossible you know. Let’s just drop it here and concentrate on what university to go to. And I’m sure we’re both in need of a scholarship.” Pau said.

“Yeah right your daddy long legs will pay everything for you; I’m the one who need scholarship. Besides I want us to go to the same university promise?” she asked Pau.

“Of course why not. We could live together too. We just need to rent an apartment.” Pau said with a smile on her face.

[The two girls happily decide their plans without knowing what might happen in the future.]