Chapter 07 - lights, camera, ACTION!

Are you my daddy long legs?

[The dance portion ended and Jake is still at the edge of the stage lifeless. As the cast of Cinderella prepares, the host of the class stood in the stage and…]

“Ladies and gentleman! Give it up for the drama of class 3-A for their rendition of Cinderella.” The host said as the audience cheered and gave their applause.

 Jake was still laying at the edge of the stage Grace came out and … “YOU are such a trouble maker.” Grace said while dragging Jake to the back stage. The whole class chuckled at him for having a weird expression on his face.

 

“Once upon a time, there lives a girl in mansion with her father. She was happy being with her father despite the fact that her mother is no longer around. One day the father thought of remarrying again for his daughter. He felt that it would be better for his daughter to have a mother again. “The narrator said and paused.

 

“But…”the narrator said as the curtains slowly open. There sitting on the floor, Cinderella being forced to do the house work by her step mother and step sisters.

 

“A few weeks after the wedding, Cinderella’s father had a heart attack and died. Since then her step mother and sisters had always been cruel her.”

 

 “Cinderella, there will be no diner for, not until you finish cleaning every. I want the whole house to be spotless.” Cinderella’s step mother said not at all concern for her.

 

“The next day… it was announced that there will be a ball at the palace. Cinderella’s step mother and sisters hurriedly prepare their dresses for the grand ball.” The narrator said.

 

“Can I also come?” Cinderella asked her step mom.

 

“Of course not! Who would take care of the house while we’re gone!” her step sister said.

 

“You will stay here and be sure that the beds will be ready when we get home. After all we’ll be tired from dancing all night.” Her step mom said.

 

“Night came and all of them left to go to the castle where the ball is being held." Narrator said.

 

“I wonder if I’ll be able to dance with the prince?” one of her sister asked.

 

“of course! Both of you will and I heard the prince is looking to a lady to become his queen. So you two need to be in your very best.” Cinderella’s step mom said as they head to the castle.

 

“Mean while Cinderella sat near the fire place, crying and thinking of her father when he was still alive.” The narrator said.

 

[At the back stage…]

“Wow! Pau is really good! I could never cry like that crying silently. Usually when a person cries; there would be sounds of sobbing at least.  We will win the award for sure” one of her classmate said.

“yeah… look at her! Tears are just flowing without any sound at all.” One of the girls said.

“That’s my best friend for you! The whole place is looking at her! Hehehe.” Grace said.

“hope everything goes smooth. We are definitely going to win every award. The award for best play is in bad for sure. ” one of her classmate said.

“Ssshhshshs! Be quiet the play is still on going.” The teacher in charge said.

“By the way where’s Jake?” one of the dancers asked Grace.

“Who knows and who cares!? Probably mopping is the corner.” Grace said not really paying attention except for the play.

 [While the others busy watching… a girl was also busy putting her own plans in to action.]

“Pau… just wait I’ll make sure you won’t get picked to be in the lead role any more. This will be your last play.  Thanks to the previous class there are a lot of ropes left on stage. Just you wait.” She said laughing to herself.