Chapter 6 : The Truth

I'll Always Be There For You (haitus)

 

Chapter 6: The Truth

 

Taeyeon was feeling uncomfortable in front of these two ladies who was not sitting across from him. He wasn't ashamed of his body, in fact he was proud of how is workout paid off. But he was feeling shy since the two seem to look at it with eagle eyes.

 

Especially Jessica, who he was introduce to not moment ago. She look like she going to pounce on him any second now. And Tiffany was on the side line enjoy this??

 

Jessica approach him and sat on his lap. She ran her finger down his chest to his abs. Sending shiver down his body, Jessica smirk after realizing what she done to him. “You shouldn't hide this view from us.” Jessica whispered hotly into his ear.

 

Taeyeon sprung up, causing her to fall off landing on the floor with a pout. “Wh-what are you doing?” Taeyeon turn his red blushing face toward the laughing audience, Tiffany.

 

“Relax, she just messing with you, you are so innocent.” Tiffany tried to calm him down.

 

“Is my clothes done yet?” He ask, he really wanted to quickly and cover up.

 

“It'll be done in a few, gosh why you got to be so rough, how would you like it if I was rough.” Jessica said a little piss that she fell, no one ever reject her before!!, so she push Taeyeon down on the couch and straddle him. Taeyeon was nervous he was looking back and forth between the ladies in front of him. His eye pleading Tiffany for help.

 

“Jessie stop it he got a girlfriend, why don't you go to your room?” Tiffany said after pulling Jessica off him.

 

“Arrgg fine.” Jessica stomp away.

 

“Thank you.” Taeyeon said after Jessica left. It was now less awkward. “And I don't have a girlfriend and I never had one before” He don't know why but he didn't want there to be a misunderstanding between them when they became friend, he wanted to clear it out.

 

“What about Seohyun?” Tiffany asked worriedly.

 

Taeyeon shook his hand defensively. “What no! She was never my girlfriend, she's my little sister but we are not related.”

 

Tiffany laugh about her misunderstanding. “You are so innocent. And Thank you.”

 

“What for?” Taeyeon ask, her sudden thank was surprising.

 

“You made me feel better after my crappy day.”

 

“I'm glad I help somehow.” Taeyeon said. “Can I get my clothes back now?”

 

“No.” Tiffany tease sticking her tongue out at him.

 

The gentlemen turn little boy stunned by the cute little act she just did, he smiled at her, keeping that image in his head. “That was so cute, her little tongue and smile” After a moment later Tiffany came back with his clothes, which he didn't realize.

 

“I think you should get dress and leave before Jessica come back down.” Tiffany said handing his clothes. Taeyeon gladly accept it and dress quickly before Jessica did come back.

 

“Even though it wasn't a fun day for me, i'm glad it was for you” Taeyeon said after getting dress. “How about we get lunch or dinner sometime later?”

 

“Are we even friend now?” Tiffany question playfully.

 

“I hope so after all the teasing I got today, you should make it up to me.”

 

“How about dinner than?”

 

“It a date!” Taeyeon said happily. “i mean friendly-date.”

 

“Yea yeah I understand you can leave now.” Tiffany said as she push him out the door.

 

“Thank you again.” She said with her eye smile and kiss him on the cheek. She chuckle when she saw him touch his cheek in a daze before Tiffany slam the door on him.

************************

 

Jessica walked down the stair and spotted Tiffany watching Tv. “Fany-ah, your phone is ringing in your room.”

 

Tiffany run up stair to pick up her phone with out looking at the caller id. “Hello?” She answered quickly

 

Tiffany” the voice was a stern cold one.

 

Tiffany gulp, she knew that voice, it was Mr. Jang. “Yes sir?”

 

About what I said earlier, I have thought about it, it was unreasonable for you to pay that money you owe me now.” Tiffany sigh in relief. “But I have also thought that with you working if wouldn't pay it off so I want you to take 2 more position in the company and be the first to enter the building and last, after you complete all your work for the next 35 years. And after you are done i need you to clean my whole house every weekend.”

 

“I understand sir, I will be there in the morning.” Tiffany answer sadly, before hanging up the phone.

 

“Why is this happening to me, my life was great before but now everything is being shove down my throat.” Tiffany cried.

 

“Are you Fany-ah? Why are you crying?” Jessica said when she notice Tiffany crying. She sat down and comfort her.

 

“Life isn't fair.” Tiffany cried harder.

 

“Is it with your debt?” Tiffany nodded softly. “He want me to work twice as much and became his maid.”

 

“Why don't you tell Siwon, he would surely help you, I could help you if you want, I can lend you the money.”

"I can't tell him what going on, he still think all i'm doing is office work, he doesn't know how they treat me."

Tiffany shook her head. “and I don't want to bring you guys into my problem, I don't want to burden the both of you after all you done for me. I want to solve my own problem by myself.” Tiffany said with determination. She was tired of people lending her a helping hand. She was tired of pulling then down, she felt useless.

 

“Don't say that. We are here to help you, that what friend are for.”

 

“But it to much to ask, 15 million isn't 500 dollar which I can borrow.”

 

“Think it as an investment, you can stop working for that and be a barista, you can gradually pay me back after you became famous, with interest then.” Jessica joke, which cause Tiffany to laugh.

 

“That's good that your laughing.” Jessica said as she hug her tightly.

 

“I can't breath...” Tiffany struggle to pull herself away.

 

“So tell me who was that guy earlier.”

 

“Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“Who?” Jessica question, the name sound familiar but it didn't ring any bell.

 

“Ceo of Kim Empire.”

 

Jessica jaw dropped. “Arrgg that rotten guy.” She was frustrated all of a sudden when she remember her incident with him.

 

“I don't think Taeyeon is like that.” Tiffany defended him, when he heard Jessica calling him a rotten guy, she didn't want to hear anyone talking bad about him.

 

Jessica shook her head. “No not him, but their VP, I had to work with him a couple year back in the States. He was so full of himself.”

 

“Ohhh.” Tiffany smile, she thought that the VP must be interesting because Jessica remember him all these year, she not the type to remember people name or faces.

 

“How did you met Taeyeon?” Jessica change the subject not wanting to think about her difficult time working with Yul.

 

“I attended his birthday party with Siwon-oppa and I lied to him that I was married to Siwon-oppa because he seem to think I got married to him.”

 

“Why would you do that?”

 

“I don't know, I was scared of him entering my crazy life, i felt like i didn't want him to get involve and hurt in the process. So I thought I could push him away if he knew I was married, but he really persistent of being friend with me.” Tiffany said sadly.

 

Jessica smile, she thought that Taeyeon could help Tiffany out, not money wise, but make her feel like there someone she could lean on, she really needed the support since she was stubborn to reject her close friend help. “Why don't you just let him? He seem like a nice guy.”

 

“I'm scared, he make me feel something, and it scare me because I don't know what it is.”

 

“I understand, you don't have to force yourself, but I want you to know don't be scared by that feeling, you should embrace it.”

Tiffany was confuse what she meant by that. Before she can question her friend, Jessica had already snuck out the door, leaving her by herself in her room.Right now she had so many thought in her head, and she couldn't deal with it all. But she still stubborn to ask for help. It all started a couple years back, she was in college enjoying life as it goes being a barista and serving coffee to everyone who enjoy it. It was always been her dream to be known through out the world for being the best barista there is. Until one night she found her dad drunk on the dining table crying.

 

Flashback

 

Appa” Tiffany walked cautiously to her father who was crying. “What going on?”

 

I'm sorry, please forgive me.” Her father cried upon hearing her voice.

 

What are you talking about? Appa your scaring me, tell me what wrong.”

 

Her father threw his and around her and hug her. “I'm sorry, I couldn't give you a happy life. I fail as a father I can't support you anymore.”

 

Tiffany was confuse, she couldn't understand her situation right now.

 

T&C took over the company and made me resign I no longer have the job and we are bankrupt. They also claim that I owe them money from a contract with them, that I didn't do my part of the deal and they are asking us to pay.”

 

Everything took her by surprise, what going to happen to her now? What going to happen to them? She wish she could do something about it.

 

A couple months later her father body was found in the Han River, she believe that T&C was harassing her father everyday that he couldn't stand it anymore, and took his own life. After his death they target her. She was force to work multiple jobs and they continue to harsh her.

 

She was meeting up with Siwon, he told her there was a way to avoid this debt. He told her that under the contract dealing with her father and T&C, the Hwang family must pay off 15 million due to breach of contract. She didn't understood the meaning of it, so Siwon explain the way to not pay the debt off is to get rid of being a Hwang.

 

He suggested for her to get married to him and leave the Hwang name and take up his, Choi, she will no longer have to pay the debt. So she agreed. After all Siwon was a good friend, he even promise to not touch her.

 

(Wedding day)

 

Tiffany was nervous today. She felt like her chance of escaping her terrible fate was right in front her and all she had to do was to say “i do” to get rid of it and start a new. She was walking down the aisle as she saw Siwon standing there. Many thing was going in her mind, certainly one of them is her life would be changing, but when she saw Siwon, it hit her, she didn't want to do this. She didn't want to take away another person freedom.

 

As the priest was saying the tradition vows in front of the two friends, Tiffany had to stop it.

 

I can't do this” Tiffany whispered softly.

 

What?” Siwon asked, he couldn't hear what she had to say.

 

I'm sorry I can't do this.” Tiffany said a little louder, the guest all gasp at the bribe.

 

I'm thankful that your trying to help oppa, but I don't think I can continue dragging people down with me. I have to do it myself, without any help. I have to solve it myself.” Tiffany said with a thankful smile and hug Siwon before walking out the door in her wedding dress.

 

After the wedding was cancel, Siwon was disappointed because of how she left him there. It broke his heart, as a friend, she could have told him earlier and it would save a lot of trouble. But he didn't mind in the end because it was Tiffany decision and she wanted to solve her own problem. If she was ever wanting a helping hand, he wouldn't hesitated to give her one again.

 

T&C didn't stop there, after they heard about how Tiffany tried to escape they made her sign a contract to be there slave for 35 years to pay off her debt and it doesn't matter if she no longer a Hwang, cause as long as she still living she would have to work to pay it off.

 

----

Well there you guy have it, now nowing the truth i hope it not confusing. and a reminder, Taeyeon still doesnt now, he is set out to believe that she is still married, that basically how this fic will be mainly focus, and with Mr. Jang will be the antagonist.

And PLEASE dont say let taeyeon find out the truth, so he can be with tiffany or something along that line, because if he find out so soon i wouldnt have a story to write. This is suppose to be about Taeyeon fighting his feeling or chasing after her.

Also comment and subscribe :D i will very appeciate it, if i have enough(that for me to decide) i would update the next chapter tomorrow but if i dont i would probably update in 1-2 week, yes this is a threat hehhe sry. no it just cuz i have already wrote the future chapter so i can decide when i will post them up, also im busy with my work now so yea. either or what ever reason suit u