Chapter 1: You Stole My Breath

I'll Always Be There For You (haitus)

 

 

Chapter 1

 

It was just an ordinary day for Kim Taeyeon or so he thought. He swirl in his chair to take in the view of the whole city. Taking a deep breath after a long day of work, he was about to bring his stress level down. Feeling exhausted from the day work he finally was getting ready to leave. He fix his suit as he stood.

 

“Get the car ready, i'll be down in 5” He said to his intercom to notify his secretary.

 

With each step he took out the door of his office to the front of his company, it displayed charismatic and confidence, he knew he couldn't ruin his image. He had to strive to be the best and wouldn't risk to have rumor going on about the CEO of Kim Empire to be immature, childish adult who shouldn't have right to control the majority of the import and export of the country. To make it short he was a very rich man with many influence due to his late father hard work. He followed his father wish to protect what he build, the Empire, and wouldn't ruin it.

 

 

On his way out the door his secretary stop him. “Mr. Kim hold on a sec!” Mr. Kim stood his ground and waited for her to reach him.

 

“I'm sorry to remind you I have forgotten.” She handed him a white envelope.

 

“What is this?” He question as he look at the front and back on the envelope.

 

“The CEO of Choi Industry sent his wedding invitation to you, it's today.” She said nervously hoping she wont get fired over this issue.

 

“Ahhh” Taeyeon nodded his head when it click to him. “I remember you mentioning this last week, Thank you for the reminder. But I wont be able to make it today. So can you please get him a gift and send it to him, and tell him I'm sorry I wont be able to make it.”

 

He handed her back the invitation without opening it. She nodded as she jotted down everything Taeyeon said onto her notepad. “OK, I will have it done before the wedding.”

“Thank you.”

 

“No sir, it my duty to arrange everything for you.”

 

As he step out the door toward his car the chauffeur quickly ran out to open the door for the gentleman. With a simple thank you from the young gentleman, he went into the car, and it began to drove to his house.

 

Taeyeon was looking out the window as he watch the trees, people and houses passes him with every second. Behind the close door of his car, it was the only time he could talk about how he truly feel and act. He knew his chauffeur, Mr. Seo wouldn't tell a soul because he treated him as his uncle. Mr. Seo raise him up to be who he was when we was growing up alone.

 

“I wish I could just be normal for once and have a happy family to go to.” Taeyeon spoke sadly with his eye still out the window.

 

“Why don't you just go find the girl? The girl that would help you grant that wish of your.” Mr. Seo said was a fatherly smile as he look at Taeyeon threw of front mirror.

 

Hearing the words spoken from the older man whom he respect, he took his gaze out the window and stared at the older man.

 

“If it was that simple I would have done it years ago. But this fame and fortune has it downside, every girl I meet never saw how I really am, it was always blocked by my wealth.” Taeyeon spoke honestly as he let out a heavy sigh.

 

“I want a girl who take my breath away, the love that I never experience, I want it to be my first and last.”

 

“Don't worry, I believe a great person like you will find that someone soon enough”

 

A faint smile appeared on the younger man face as he brought his gaze back out the window. He was almost turning 30 and it was sad to say he haven’t felt this love, that everyone talk about. He envied those around him, people who had a smile on their faces as they talk about their love ones.

 

Dudum Dudum the sound of his heart, it began to beat irregularly. Dudum Dudum there it goes again. He took in a deep breath, he knew the cause of it.

 

“Stop the car!” He shouted.

 

“Excuse me?” The sudden outburst scared the old man.

 

“Stop the car!” He repeated with the same tone, hastily. Taeyeon reach his hand to open the door while the car still moving.

 

Mr. Seo eyes widen when he saw this, he quickly slam on the brakes to stop the car before Taeyeon did something reckless. As soon as the car stop Taeyeon ran out the door toward the side walk and look up onto a window.

 

Just moment ago he saw a girl lean her head out the window with her eyes close. She was smiling peacefully like she was enjoying the surrounding. She was beautiful, and that was the reason why his heart beat like that. She also took his breath without even trying.

 

Taeyeon walked closer to the building with a smile on his face, his eye never left the angel. She was still there leaning her head out the window with her hand supporting her body on the window side. He stop when he was just below her looking up. He was able to view her better at the distance he was in.

 

He notice her white skin and her chocolate brown hair with soft curls that hang loosely around her shoulder. She was also wearing a tiara which he thought made her look like a princess. He wanted to called out to the beautiful stranger but all his charms was stuck in his mouth. No word came out asking who she was, he was still breathless. Unfortunately she didn't notice him staring at her before she went back inside when her name was called.

 

Fortunately Taeyeon figured out her name as the angel responded to “Tiffany” and gave a eye smile as she turn toward the intruder in the room and went in. Eye smile, Wow, the image of her eye smile became his treasure.

 

Mr. Seo came running to his side. “What the matter Young master?” He said nervously as he inspected his master.

 

Taeyeon finally took his gaze out the building window where the angel was no longer there. “ I think i'm in love.” He said still in a daze with her image permanently made it way there.

 

“Huh?” The old man question confuse