Deep and Meaningful

What happens when you accidentally divorce your hot husband Kai

Kai's POV

"That backstabbing fool! How DARE he touch Luna. She's MY wife...er...ex-wife." Kai still hadn't gotten used to the fact that he was no longer married. It hurt to think about that one stupid mistake that may have lost him the most important thing he had in his life. Impatiently, he walked back and forth in front of the door, waiting for Taemin to arrive.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Kai glared at the door and inched towards it. Taking a deep breath, he opened it and *BAM* he threw one huge punch at Taemin. Only it wasn't Taemin.

"OOOOOOOWWWWW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR???" yelled D.O. He brought his hand up to his now throbbing cheek and glared at me.

"Oops..." was all I could say. I glanced down at my shoes, embarrassed my what I'd just accidentally done. "Sorry hyung."

"Give me one good reason not to punch you right now," he growled.

I thought about it for a moment and then said, "because my punch was accidental but if you were to punch me, it'd be deliberate and ruin your image."

He contemplated this and then must've decided that it was a valid reason because he walked past me and lay down on the couch without saying another word.

I sighed and went back to pacing, eagerly awaiting the arrival of my best friend turned rival, Taemin.

"Oh," D.O. suddenly exclaimed. "EXO-M is in Korea and they might come visit later."

At this comment, Se Hun burst out of his bedroom wearing only his boxers and excitedly yelled, "REALLY? LU HAN IS IN KOREA?"

Both D.O. and I looked at him weirdly and he seemed to realise what he'd just done. His face quickly went from super excited and childlike to the usual charismatic and cool. He then walked into the kitchen and pretended that nothing had happened.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

All three of our heads turned to face the door and for the second time that day, I opened it and immediately swung my arm in an arc hoping it would connect with Taemin's face. Except there was nobody there to punch. Well at least that's what I thought until Tao's face popped back up. His ninja reflexes had allowed him to duck and avoid my punch before grabbing my arm and locking it behind my back.

"YAH! What was that for?"

It felt like deja vu. It was just my luck to fail again. Tao knew that even if he really HAD been the target, I wouldn't be able to touch him anyway and released my arm before casually strolling over to the couch where D.O. was. They looked at each other and gave a knowing nod.

Of course. News about Luna and Taemin is everywhere. Who wouldn't know why I wanted to punch someone.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

For the third time that day, I opened the door. But before I could swing at Taemin (yes, the real Taemin) I felt something soft brush against my leg and jumped. Taemin took the opportunity while I was distracted to waltz into the dorm unharmed. I lowered my head to see a small ball of orange fur resting on my foot.

adorableorangekitten01.jpg

Trust Piro to come out of nowhere and distract me with his cuteness.

I suddenly remembered who had just walked in and scanned the room until I met Taemin's eyes. I couldn't describe the way he looked at me. It was almost as if he felt sorry for me. Or maybe that was only a cover and he was actually rejoicing over being able to have Luna. Actually, that must be it. He's delighted.

"You ! How could you do this to me?" I yelled. "After all we've been though together, you decide that it's ok to steal my wife?"

Taemin simply stared at me, taking in every word but not responding.

"If you think you can lay a FINGER on her, you'll be in for a rough time. You KNOW how much she means to me. I can't believe you'd stab me in the back like that."

My ranting went on for another 5 minutes while Taemin continued to say nothing. It took me a while to even realise that Se Hun, D.O. and Tao had all disappeared. Even Piro was nowhere to be seen. We were alone. I waited impatiently fo Taemin to say something. It seemed to take hours but eventually, he spoke.

"Hyung, firstly she's your EX-wife. Secondly, I'm not stealing her. She asked me to go on a date with her and I simply agreed. Thirdly, you were never a good husband anyway."

My chin dropped and I stared at him with an expression of complete disbelief.

How could he turn this back on ME? And he's so calm about it!

My disbelief turned to rage and in 3 steps, I was all up in Taemin's face.

"Say that one more time, I dare you." I growled.

Taemin looked me straight in the eye and pronounced every syllable clearly, "You. Were. A. Crappy. Husband."

With that, I couldn't hold back any longer and swung my balled up fist at him. The sound of my fist successfully connecting with his head gave me an overwhelming sense of satisfaction. Taemin took a few steps back to steady himself and I prepared to take another swing. Except just as i balled up my fist again, Su Ho's voice startled me.

"YAH KIM JONGIN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

I looked up and within seconds, my hands were being forced behind my back by both Tao and Sehun while Su Ho rushed over and attended to Taemin. Taemin winced at Su Ho's touch and I could already see a bruise forming. A purplish blotch was just visible on his cheek bone.

Serves him right. That .

Su Ho turned his attention back to me and with his commanding leader's voice said, "Do you realise what you just did? You punched your sunbae! What's wrong with you Kai?"

I stared at the wall and said nothing. I didn't think I'd done anything particularly wrong. He'd gone out with my wife. What'd they expect?

Se Hun and Tao dragged me onto the couch and then stood over me like bodyguards. It was as if I'd just been kidnapped. I half expected them to pull out sunglasses and cross their arms, like in all those movies.

Su Ho began pacing in front of me. l resisted the urge to yell rude things at Taemin who had been looking at me the entire time.

"Here's what we'll do," he decided. "We're going to sit here and discuss this whole Luna issue until we figure out the best way to approach the situation. Kai, even I can't deny how bad of a husband you were. But I'm sure Taemin sunbae has a good reason for going on that date with Luna. Now, where do we begin..."