Chapter 4

HenMi - Sunny Day

We went back outside to walk around the place, just enjoying the sun, the weather and the warmth. We talked about a lot of things and I blushed every single time he said I was cute. And I pouted when he replied to the compliments in a very sweet way.

 

“Zhou Mi-ah! You’re cheating!”

 

“Am not! You really are super cute!”

 

“Am not! Zhou Mi is cheating.”

 

I pouted and he laughed before hugging me with one arm and gently kissing my forehead, making me blush.

 

“You’re adorable, Henry”, he said softly.

 

I didn’t reply. I knew he would find a way to be sweeter than me if I tried to compliment him.

 

We walked and talked about different things until sunset. Only then did I notice how late it was. I pouted.

 

“Oh, Zhou Mi, I have to go. I’m sorry.”

 

He pouted too but sighed softly.

 

“Well, I guess we can’t help it, it’s pretty late already. See you some other day, then?”

 

“Huh? You want to see me again?”

 

He smiled brightly and, though the sun had already disappeared, I felt as warm as if it were still there.

 

“Of course I do! Don’t you want to see me again?”

 

I nodded immediately.

 

“Of course!”

 

“Then, see you next time?”

 

“Yeah!”

 

We exchanged phone numbers and I went back home. Only then did I remember that I had left the bag containing the clothes Zhou Mi had bought me at his apartment. Oh well, I would have a reason to go back there…

 

… but before that, I wanted to do something for him.

 

I went to the idiot guy’s apartment and knocked until he told me to enter, as the door wasn’t locked.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

He growled when I approached him.

 

“Hey, I’m older than you, respect me!”

 

“Kyu-hyung, then. You must know, what does Zhou Mi like, except Mario Bros.?”

 

“How come, I ‘must know’?”

 

“You’re his ex.”

 

He pouted.

 

“He told you?”

 

“Well, yeah. Why not?”

 

“I don’t know. I didn’t think he would talk about me to some guy he just met. It took so long before we trusted each other, so I didn’t think he would talk to a stranger about his ex.”

 

“He trusts me. He told me he does.”

 

“And you believed him?”

 

I stayed silent for a while. What was he trying to say? I bit my lip.

 

“I do. At least I trust him more than I trust you.”

 

“That’s mean! After all I did for you!”

 

“Yeah, you played matchmaker.”

 

I remembered what I had thought. ‘Maybe I wouldn’t punch him in the face after all.’ Well, forget it! I punched him in the face.

 

“Idiot.”

 

He winced in pain but didn’t complain. He knew I was right to be angry with him for doing this to me.

 

“Now, answer. What does Zhou Mi like, except Mario Bros.?”

 

“Well, his favorite sport is shopping.”

 

I sighed, exasperated.

 

“I guessed that without help, don’t worry. Anything else?”

 

“We didn’t stay together long enough.”

 

“Oh, forget it. I’ll find something by myself.”

 

I pressed the button on his computer so it would turn off in the middle of his game before leaving, deserving a furious roar for my efforts. I went back to my own apartment and tried to think of something he could like. It took a while, but when I finally had a good idea, I was pretty proud of myself…

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boring, sorry, but my friend will be here any moment now, so I had to hurry ^^'