Chapter 8

HenMi - Sunny Day

We met more after that day, trying to see each other every week, meeting twice a week when we could. We often ended these dates by a kiss on the cheek, but never on the lips. After all, we were not a couple. Not yet.

 

It happened on a beautiful night.

 

We were coming back from the restaurant. Surprisingly enough, the stars were perfectly visible from where we were, which was a very rare sight in the middle of a city. We walked, not caring about the time, just talking about anything. We didn’t care about where we were going either. We were just walking peacefully when I suddenly noticed that there was a park, not far from where we were. I laughed softly and took Zhou Mi’s hand to pull him behind me.

 

“Mimi! Here!”

 

He followed me to the park, smiling. I laughed like a kid when I saw how beautiful and peaceful it was. It was a very small park, with swings and a few structures for kids. I jumped on the swings and started going back and forth. Zhou Mi followed me and used the swing next to mine.

 

We stayed there for a while, not even saying anything, just being happy and quiet. Until I broke the silence.

 

“Mimi… thanks for always being with me. Thanks for letting me know more about you.”

 

He tilted his head to the side, not knowing what to think of this. I smiled.

 

“Thanks for everything, Mimi. But, you know what?”

 

He bit his lip. I smiled some more when I understood that he was afraid I would reject him.

 

“You know what? I love you. I love every side of you and I’m never going to stop. So… will you be my lover?”

 

His smile came back. So true, so happy, so bright, that the night became sunny and full of light. His eyes slowly filled with tears.

 

“Seriously?”

 

I laughed softly.

 

“Yeah!”

 

“This is…”

 

“Too beautiful to be true?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“But it’s true”, I assured him. “It really is.”

 

I got up, took his hand and made him follow me. We sat on one of the structures for the kids and I kissed his lips softly.

 

“Mimi, why are you crying?”

 

“B-Because… th-this is… s-so per-perfect! It’s t-too good to be tr-true!”

 

I kissed him again.

 

“Oh, Mimi. It’s true. All of this is true. I love you. I really do. I think I’ve even loved you since the very first day. I just wanted to be sure, but… honestly, I couldn’t find anything about you that I didn’t like. You say that being clingy is a big flaw of yours, but I just think it’s very cute!”

 

He couldn’t reply, so I just hugged him and he slowly calmed down. When he finally was able to talk without stammering, he reached for a kiss on my lips and I gave it to him. We kissed under the moonlight until we both moved back, slowly, softly, and his smile full of happiness was back.

 

That night, we didn’t leave each other in front of a door, telling each other we couldn’t wait to the next time we would see each other. That night, we fell asleep in each other’s arms, kissing softly before closing our eyes, and waking up next to each other the next morning. There were clouds, outside, and I knew it would rain today.

 

But it didn’t matter.

 

As long as Zhou Mi was with me, smiling happily, everyday would be a sunny day.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The end! I didn't know this would be it, honestly °° And sorry, it's boring... I tried making it fluffy, but I guess that the more I'm tired, the less I can write fluff xD