Chapter 5

HenMi - Sunny Day

Doorbell ringing.

 

“Coming!” a voice from the inside said.

 

I waited two more seconds and a brightly smiling Zhou Mi appeared in the door.

 

“Henry! Please come in!”

 

I entered the apartment and carefully gave him the box I had in my hands.

 

“Here”, I smiled, “this is for you.”

 

He raised his brows, surprised, and looked at me.

 

“May I open it?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Yeah, of course.”

 

He opened, curious, and smiled brightly when he saw what was in it. He looked at me with surprised but very happy eyes.

 

“Are you serious? This is for me?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“I have to take a picture of it!”

 

He went to get his iPhone and took a picture of the gift before posting it to some social network. I smiled.

 

“Do you like it?”

 

He hugged me tight.

 

“I totally love it! This is awesome! Thanks a lot!”

 

But then, he pouted softly in a very cute way.

 

“But… there’s no way I can eat it!”

 

I laughed and approached the dressed in a chic and sparkly way Mario Bros. chocolate cake with him.

 

“C’mon, you have to eat it, or else I could’ve just made something else than food.”

 

He kissed me on the cheek and, without noticing that I was blushing like crazy, he went to get a long knife to cut the cake. I took advantage of this moment to breathe deeply, trying not to go crazy when I remembered his lips on my skin. C’mon! Why was I even acting like this? I was not a little high school girl starting to discover what love was…

 

Zhou Mi’s arm on my shoulders made me jump a bit and he laughed softly when he understood that he had startled me.

 

“What were you thinking about?”

 

I smiled, blushing again.

 

“You, of course.”

 

He kissed my cheek again.

 

“I’m happy you were. Because I always think about you.”

 

He stayed silent for a while before putting the knife on the table and gently poking my cheek.

 

“Seriously, how can you be so cute? You’re adorable.”

 

“And you’re too sweet, you’re making me blush again!”

 

Honestly, I really was blushing even more. He smiled brightly and pressed a kiss on my forehead this time.

 

“Because you’re so cute, that’s why.”

 

“Maybe we should eat the cake?” I tried to change the subject.

 

“Not before you agree with me. Say it: ‘Henry is very cute’.”

 

I blushed even more.

 

“Why would I say it…? It’s not true…”

 

“Of course it is! C’mon, say it!”

 

“Henry is…”

 

He looked at me with a big smile, thinking I would say it. I smiled too before quickly kissing his cheek.

 

“… not as cute as Zhou Mi!”

 

He laughed and wanted to kiss my cheek one more time, but I had turned my head and his lips touched mine. We both moved back suddenly, surprised, before we both laughed.

 

“Sorry!” we said at the same time, making us laugh even more.

 

It took a while before we managed to calm down, but when we did it, we kept staring at each other for a while before, slowly, our faces got closer. His lips met mine softly, and we both closed our eyes to enjoy that first real kiss together…