Silent treatment

Is falling for my teacher wright?

Chaeri’s POV

“Joohyun and Chaeri” Mr. Byun said the last pair for the room assignments.

“Now everybody listen.” He said loudly so that he could catch everybody’s attention. Psh.

“As I was saying, your partners for the upcoming activities maybe not your room partners. You’ll know later. For now, you may unpack your belongings and rest for a while. Let me remind you to report before 11 am at the dining hall for lunch.

What kind of activity will we have today? Mmmm.. I thought as I turned my back. I grabbed my back and started to walk with Joohyun to our room when..

“Hold on.” Oh is the mean bacon back so soon?

“Nam Joohyun your keys to your room.” He told Joohyun. Yes only Joohyun. Am I that invisible to him today? Maybe the mean bacon is still not out yet.

“Kamsahamnida Mr. Byun!” She smiled and blushed and went back to my side.

Tsk tsk tsk my friend you better not fall for that mean bacon’s charms I thought. I’m just being thoughtful for her you know. If she only knew how conceited that bacon is..

“Yah Chaeri I asked what side do you want?” Joohyun poked my stomach stifling her laugh.

“Oh so you want some tickle fight right now~” I sang and taunted at the same time.

“No. No. Mianhe I was just asking~” She begged not wanting to be tickled mercilessly by me ha.

“Hahaha alright. Mmm.. can I get the one near the window?” I asked.

“Sure. So it means this bed is mine? Woooh” Immediately she lay down on her bed and test the mattress. Aigoo I’m with a kid.

“Yeah wooh!” I jumped on my bed. Kekeke I’m a kiddo too.

 

No One's POV

“I wonder what’s for lunch.” You tapped your head thoughtfully.

“You love food too much.” Joohyun chuckled.

“Hey! You two sit here!” Kyungsoo, who was sitting near the buffet table, called out.

“Nice choice of sit oppa!” You laughed.

“Near the food?” Joohyun laughed.

“Yes, I hope they serve sushi~” You beamed.

“I won’t get amused if you marry food in the future.” Sehun teased.

“How da- wait! Why did you give Kyungsoo horror tickets?” You flared.

“You’re still alive aren’t you?” He laughed.

“Ouch.” He yelped after you stomped on his feet.

“Kyungsoo are they always like that?” Joohyun asked amused at the situation in front of her.

“Kind of. They’re both bipolar you should get used to it.” Kyungsoo said in a matter of fact.

“Do Kyungsoo please check the attendance.” Baekhyun ordered Kyungsoo.

 

Chaeri’s POV

Why all of a sudden he ordered Kyungsoo and not me. Not that I wanted to be bossed around again but it’s just weird. Maybe he was punished by heavens for making me suffer. Good for him. I thought

~~~

We finished eating and were gathered in the lobby of the hotel.

“Okay class. Now is the time to know who your partner is. In this fishbowl are folded papers with numbers written inside. Boys will pick in this blue one while the girls will pick in the yellow one. Don’t open it yet once you’ve picked alright?” Baekhyun said.

“Neh.” We chorused as we lined up.

I got tensed when it was my turn. I gazed at the mean bacon for a while but seems like he’s busy to catch me piercing looks at him. I grabbed whatever piece of paper folded inside and went beside Joohyun, Sehun and Kyungsoo who were done picking theirs.

“I hope we’re partners Chaeri.” Kyungsoo hoped.

“No. I get to partner with my noona.” Sehun objected.

“Should this be a boy-girl pairing?” I asked unknowingly.

“Yethh you slow poke.” Sehun answered.

“Sorry for being a dumb noona.” I sarcastically said.

“Hey didn’t our section have an odd number of students? What happens to the one with no partner?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Shh be quiet. I think Mr. Byun is going to tell us to open it.” Joohyun said attentive for instructions.

“Now that everyone has a paper you may open it now and search for your partners.” The bacon instructed.

All excitedly opened theirs and began searching for the same number while I look blankly at my piece of paper.

“Hey, I got number 4! What’s yours Chaeri?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I got number….  11” Joohyun read the number.

“Jinja! Yay we’re partners.” Sehun beamed.

“I thought you like me to be your partner.” I pouted.

“Well yes but she’s second on the list because I know her so not bad. Mehrong.” Sehun stucked his tongue out.

“What’s yours Chaeri?” Joohyun peaked on my paper and she too was not uttering any word.

“Why aren’t you two telling us, let me see.” Sehun snatched the paper and showed it to Kyungsoo.

“Mr. Byun!” Sehun called our teacher.

“What does it mean if the paper is just blank?” Sehun scratched the back of his head.

“Oh sorry. I forgot to tell that there is one blank paper because the number of girls is greater than the boys by one.” Mr. Byun explained.

“So will she be joining a pair then?” Kyungsoo asked thoughtfully.

“No. She’ll be partnered to me. So who got the lucky blank paper?” Mr. Byun grinned.

Crap. Who got the lucky blank paper? Seriously, more of an unlucky one. I thought.

“My noona.” Sehun pointed at me. I hang my head low afraid to see that bacon’s smirk.

My classmates began murmuring..

“Owww she’s lucky.”

“She’s Mr. Byuns favourite no doubt.”

“Maybe Mr. Byun will order her again.” At least someone in the right mind knows that I’m suffering when I’m with that bacon.

I looked up and met eyes with Mr. Byun. No smirk. No laughter. He was blankly staring at me and then shifted his gaze to the far end of the lobby as if he didn’t want me as his partner. Why? It’s not like I wanted it too. I just had no choice.

~~~

Why didn’t I object with this setting again? Grr. Now I’m in the middle of the sea with this seemingly mute dude fishing. Yep our first activity was fishing and our dinner will be based on what we get. But I guess we’re not included in that challenge since he’s the teacher of course and I can’t see him making any effort with the rod he’s holding.

I grabbed the other rod and started on my own. Hmp, I know how to do this. Prepare to be amaze bacon.

After several minutes of silence I finally got a catch.

“Yes! I think I got one.” I cheered but to my utter disappointment.

“Huh, it was just a small fish.” I said and let it go immediately.

“Why did you let it go?” The bacon asked curiously. Finally he opened his mouth.

“It may have a family waiting for him. And what’s the point of catching when I know we’re not seriously part of the challenge.” I answered.

“You got that right. But why fish if you’re just going to let it go?” He asked again.

“For past time. You haven’t opened your mouth to talk to me since the flight so if you don’t feel like talking more just ignore me or go to sleep until it’s time to go back.” I trailed and went to fish again.

Sigh. Silence.

After some time I looked back at him. He really did sleep huh.

I examined his face for a while and remembered the very first day I met him. He was such in a hurry that I catch only a glimpse of his face but he was indeed handsome. Tch. What is looks when the personality . I moved closer to see his sleeping face.

You know if you’re only as calm as this when you’re awake, I might like you. Yeah like as a teacher. I thought.

“Bacon! Wake up!” I hollered and flick his forehead making him instantly awake.

“Ouch what was that for?” He asked.

“Sleeping in this cold atmosphere will make you sick. Let’s go back to the hotel, some have probably finished already.” I said.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

I woke up from my nap and saw Chaeri playing with the water. I sense that she’s going to look at me so I pretended to sleep. I was waiting for her to curse me or something while thinking that I was still asleep but I heard nothing just a sigh. Should I peek? Nah. She probably went to play with the water. But I hear no sound of water just a heavy breath that seems to be so close to my face. Is she going to take advantage of me?!

“Bacon! Wake up!” She yelled.

“Ouch what was that for?” I asked.

“Sleeping in this cold atmosphere will make you sick. Let’s go back to the hotel, some have probably finished already.” She explained.

She’s still sadistic as ever. But she cared right? Aish. What am I thinking? She’s still mean to me.