History

너 때문에 (Because of you)

 

I just stood there. I didn't really know how to answer him. Meanwhile, he smiled looking at my reaction. He knows when I'm confused. He knows when I'm annoyed and he knows when I'm freaking out. And I was really freaked out hearing his question.

 

I could hear him chuckling, "I'll give you some time to think about it."

 

I nodded. I really didn't know what to say.

 

"Go in Haneul ahh..."

 

I smiled and was finally able to say something. "Good night, Daehyun ahh."

 

"Good night."

 

I closed the front gate right before him and stomped my feet.

 

"AHHHH JINJJA!" I ruffled my hair.

 

I really don't know what to do. I went inside and laid down on the couch, hiding my face under a cushion.

 

"EEE HANEUL NEO BABOYA!"

 

I quickly picked up my phone and start texting Sojin. No, she didn't reply. But instead, she called me up.

 

"Choi Haneul, ANDWAE!!" she yelled over the phone. My eardrum could tear up if she continues on with this. "It didn't work out between the two of you before, what makes you think it'll work out now?"

 

"I didn't say yes."

 

"So you said no?"

 

"No," I muttered, "I couldn't say a word."

 

"But do you have feelings for that mofo?"

 

I froze. Do I?

 

"You do, don't you? That's why you didn't answer him." Sojin sighed, "Now you're stuck between two guys. I hope you will not hurt anyone."

 

"Sojinnie, you're not helping!" I whined.

 

"I'm sorry I'm not much of a help but this is your life, it's your decision. I can only listen to you and give you advice of what to do. Not make decisions for you."

 

I remained quiet. Sojin really knows how to make me speechless. We talked the whole thing through but nothing was made up.

 

"Sooner or later, even if it's not one of them, you'll find the right one."

 

That was how our phone call ended. I felt very grateful to have Sojin as a friend. Even if no decisions were made, it could still ease up the burden a little bit.

 

The next morning, I found myself sleeping on the couch. Halmeoni must've covered me up with a comforter to keep me warm. I was awaken by the smell of breakfast. Yeah, Halmeoni was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast with the help from Mrs. Kim, the housekeeper.

 

Another break out of college but there wasn't that much to do. I spend the afternoon rotting myself in front of the computer. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep myself busy that I kept on thinking about what to answer to Jung Daehyun.

 

Every thing went perfectly fine a few months after he was admitted into college. But as the days passed, he became more distant. We didn't see each other ever since and eventually, we lost contact. We no longer talked or even texted each other.

 

I thought he never wanted to talk to me again since he didn't sent me a text or anything and told myself that it is time to move on since he has moved on. I'm stuck in this ty school while he is already in art college. Besides, there are a lot of es to choose from in college so why would he even bother looking at this high-schooler.

 

My phone rang. It was an unknown number that I hesitated to answer it in the first place until it rang for a while and I answered it assuming it was an emergency situation.

 

I could hear chaos on the other line. People rustling over who should get the phone.

 

"HYUNG!! Take the phone!"

 

"Hello?" I uttered. "Who's speaking?"

 

"Haneul ahh!" It was a man's voice. A really familiar man's voice. "It's me, Dujunnie!"

 

I froze. This is a dream.

 

"Haneul ahh?"

 

"Uh-Oh," I stuttered. "How did you get my number?"

 

"Yoseob did."

 

"HANEUL AHH ANNYEONG!"

 

A gleeful voice was heard from the background and was sure that it was Yoseob's. You could hear Dujun pushing him away from the telephone.

 

"Hyung! My phone!"

 

A door was shut.

 

"That was Yoseob, just so you know," he sniggered. "How are you? Haven't seen you since... That night."

 

I smiled. At least someone's missing me... I guess...

 

"I'm good... Bored actually." I muttered, "glad you call."

 

"I'd have called you if I were to have your number."

 

I chuckled.

 

"Since you're bored, I assumed you have nothing planned for today..." He uttered. "Allow me to kill your boredom."

 

[A/N] Finally, the next chapter! Thank you for your patience. I will try my best to keep you entertain with this fanfic. So what do you think? Too slow? Too cheezy? Let your voice be heard