Guilty

너 때문에 (Because of you)

 

Sojin and me were sitting at the university’s cafeteria when Yoon Dujun and his friends happened to walk in along with his friends. We exchanged glances and smiled to each other as if we were lovers. Sojin witnessed the scene and it was really impossible of her to not say a word out of it.

 

“Ey? What was that I see?” Sojin sneered. “You guys are totally into each other!”

 

“No, we’re not. He’s not.”

 

“I see what happened.”

 

“That was just a friendly smile.”

 

“Yeah, friendly.” Sojin does the gesture with her fingers.

 

“Shouldn’t you be meeting Jonghyun?”

 

“Oh .” Sojin packed her food and threw it onto the bin before going out of the cafeteria. I didn’t want to be left alone so I did the same.

 

“Haneul ah!” Dujun called out. “You’re done eating?”

 

“Sort of.”

 

“Oh. Cause if you weren’t, you can come and join us.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I need to meet up with the professor anyway.” I stuttered, “Maybe some other time.”

 

“Yeah okay.”

 

I hurried out of the cafeteria before things get more awkward between us. But I didn’t just leave. I peeked just to make sure he really stayed. Yeah, he did. He’s not only with his friends, but a tagged along, a different from yesterday and any other day. What is this? My self-esteem has gotten lower than ever.

 

“Neo babo ya?”

 

 

Every time. For I-don’t-exactly-know-how-many-times, Sojin scolded me for being such a fool. I knew that… I just didn’t learn anything out of it.

 

“Yah, Choi Haneul… He asked you to sit with him. A simple ‘yes’ would’ve been nice.”

 

I still don’t get why Sojin was making this a big deal.

 

“Did you even have an appointment with the professor?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“I knew it.”

 

“I just don’t want to embarrassed myself in front of him…”

 

“But you know who have you embarrassed?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“Him. You’ve embarrassed the poor guy in front of his friends.”

 

There was a hint of regret inside of me. Sojin was the second one to have lowered my self-esteem even more.

 

“Forget about it,” Sojin uttered, “Are you free tonight?”

 

[A/N] So, what do you think about the very first chapter?? Comments all the way!!! :D

hugs and kisses! xx