Kyu-pid: The Scheming Schemer I*

Switch {Revamped} - On Hiatus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You don’t have to worry too much, Mom.  I’m going to eat breakfast here in the office.”

“But it’s not right to skip—”

“Mom, I told you I’m going to eat here, okay?”  Ugh.  Parents!

Jessica couldn’t believe that her mother still treats her like a baby.  She wasn’t able to join her family for breakfast to avoid being late in her work.  Piles of documents are stuck on her desk which she needed to check before passing it over to Donghae—and she can’t fathom when she’ll be able to finish it all because he would always disturb her.

“You are late,” said a baritone voice that welcomed her in the President’s office.

She looked at her wristwatch.  7:55 am.  “Aniyo—it’s not even 8 yet,” she replied and put her bag on her desk.  “In fact, I arrived here earlier than usual.”

“Even so…  We’d be stuck in traffic if you still don’t follow me to the basement.”

“Where are we going?” she asked still not moving on her place.

Donghae skidded to a stop and turned to her.  He grabbed her wrist without warning and walked—dragging Jessica along.

“Yah!” she tried to break free but he only tightened his grip.  Don’t make me wanna bite ‘ya.  I haven’t had my breakfast yet.  I might eat ‘ya if you make me mad.

Without speaking a word, he opened the car door for her and emotionlessly commanded her to get in.  When she noticed that it’s not a great time to start bickering with him, she kept quiet in the passenger seat and silently tended to her growling stomach.

“Where are we going exactly?” she asked after a while.  She faced him and waited for his answer only to find out that he had his earphones.  “Rude!”  She gritted her teeth and glared at him when—“Aww!”

Her face almost crashed onto the dashboard—thanks to the seatbelt that saved her.

“Will you drive carefully?” she complained.

He still ignored her and smoothly maneuvered the automobile, parked it and got off.

Jessica moved faster to catch up with his fast pace.  She was trailing behind him and silently cussed at him for not being a gentleman.  He’s been known as a ladies’ man but why can’t he do that to me?

Does he even consider her as a girl?  She frowned at that thought.  Hmph.  That beats me.  She was disappointed—a bit.  But for what reason?  Silly girl, what are you even thinking right now?  She just thought that it was because she was hungry.

Yet as she saw the high-tech facilities of the place, it coaxed a smile on her lips.  She was amazed by its hugeness.

“Good morning, Sir and Ma’am.  Welcome to Seoul Sports Club,” the receptionist greeted them.

Donghae only nodded and seemed like he knew his way around for he brought her to a boutique.  “Help her choose her clothes,” he instructed the saleslady.

“W-what?”

“I’ll meet you at the tennis arena later.”  That was all he said before vanishing from her sight—leaving her puzzled.  He still didn’t tell her why they’re here.

“The fitting room is this way, Ma’am.”  She ushered her to a cozy room at the corner of the store.

She put on a quizzical look when she gave her a sports wear.  “What am I going to do with these?”

“You are not allowed to roam around with those clothes of yours, Ma’am.  It’s the policy of this sports club.”

“Sports Club?” she inquired once again.  Why did Donghae bring her here?

“Yes.  We would be delighted if you follow the rules here.  We’re just doing what out superiors instructed us to do.”

She didn’t bother anymore question.  She wore the lawn tennis uniform.  The store also provided her with a new pair of the latest product of Nike.  She smiled at her reflection after prepping up.  It fit her well.

“I like it.”

“I’m glad you do, Ma’am.”

“How much do I have to pay for these—Oh?”  Where did she put her handbag?  Her wallet was there—along with her credit card and bills.  She stood frozen at what she just realized.  “I left it in the office,” she mumbled.

What is she going to do?  How will she pay for it?  Donghae sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter