Chapter 12

It started in the Bathroom
Almost instantly, Kris rushed towards the field. He could see Lay running back and forth as defense player and without any signs of hesitation, Kris ran straight into the game until he was arm to arm with Lay. Still, Lay did not make any eye contact. He continued to run as if he didn't notice the huge obstacle towering beside him. Kris' eyebrows were as low and angular as an Angry Bird. He wouldn't accept Lay's intentional ignorance  so he wrapped his powerful hands around Lay's wrist and tugged him out of the field.  "Lay." The single word was sharp and piercing." "Lay why are you avoiding me?" There was no reply as Lay twiddled his thumbs. He faced the ground, avoiding eye contact. Kris grasped onto both of Lay's shoulder and lowered himself to eye level. "BABY. TALK TALK TALK TO ME." Lay lifted his head and stared directly into Kris' eyes. "...b-baby?" Kris blushed but decided to continue. "I deserve an explanation," demanded Kris. Lay sniffled and rubbed his nose with one hand but raised his head. Eyes locked with Kris'. "ye-yesterday wa-wa-wasn't a d-dream...wa-s it?" This time Kris broke eye contact. "you knew!? Then why did you say you were dreaming!" "be-because...i-it was e-emba-rassing.. It was embarra-" "you- you  weren't asleep?"  Lay looked down at his feet. Kris continued. "then why did you say it was a dream?" he repeated. Lay pouted and his eyes began to swell. He was a man. He wouldn't cry at something as petty as this. At seeing Lay's flushed face, Kris  slid his hand onto Lay's rosy cheek. It was as soft as Kris' wonderful wonderful skin. "Angel, I want nobody, nobody but you." His free hand clutched both of Lay's tiny hands as Lay responded, "Gee, what is love?" Not knowing whether it was love or admiration, Lay remained immobile as Kris' face drew closer towards Lay's. Lay scrunched his eyes upon reflex. His heart was pounding. Is Kris going to smooch me? Lay waited a few seconds and realized that Kris hadn't made a move yet. He could only feel a warmth on his forehead, so he cautiously opened his eyes to see what it was.  It was Kris' forehead. Foreheads touching, an exchange of heat. Eyes only a few centimeters apart. Each breath of Kris' resonated on Lay's cheeks. His heart thumped harder and harder, faster and faster. Kris swiftly moved both hands onto Lay's shoulders. Eyes still locked, Kris stated in confidence, "this is love."