9

Don't Say Goodbye

 

Junhyung was sitting up in bed, thinking about the song, he stood up at the sound of her voice. Her nightmares seem to have gotten worse, and he has to stay longer before her breathing become steady and slow. It really worried him. Will she overcome her fear?

She never mentions a word about her nightmares to him about it, and acted like nothing had happened. He played along with her, waiting for her to tell him herself. There was still no news of Hara,and Junhyung didn’t know what to do now. He had done everything he could, so now all that there is left to do is to wait for news of Hara.

Just like what she had feared would happen, Ji Eun’s uncle had found her. He was stalking them, searching and waiting for an opportunity to bring her back “home”. It was a difficult task, since Junhyung is always in the house, and the paparazzi ambushing around the house is another factor to consider.

So she is living with her boyfriend? He thought. He wants to bring her back, not because he realised his mistakes or miss her, but because there was no one for him to vent his anger on. Maybe,just maybe, a small part of him misses her however hard he tries to deny it.

He went back to the house and found a girl standing in front of his house. She looks familiar…where have I seen her? He squint his eyes and remembered Ji Eun and Junhyung talking about a girl called Hara. An image of Hara’s photo appeared in his mind and he bit back a grin. Good luck’s on my side today.

The girl bowed to him and spoke up “excuse me sir, can I stay in your house for a few days I don’t have any money with me and…”

She trailed off and bit her lips nervously.

“And your name is?” She smiled and bowed again.

“My name is Goo Hara.”

She is the person they are looking for. He gave her a warm smile and invited her into the house. He proceeds to treat her like a princess, even buying takeout for her. When she wants to do something to repay for his kindness, he refused and says that she had already repaid him.

“It’s ok you don’t have to-” but he handed her the food. These isn’t the first time he does things like this, and Hara was touched by his acts. He’s a good person.

“Since I have taken you in it’s my responsibility to take good care of you.”

She’s way more likable than that jinx of a niece.

Hara wanted to stay in a hotel, but she had spent all her money on the train fare, and all she had left were only enough to buy herself food. Walking in the wrong direction and being lost in the woods didn’t help either. She just wanted to go back to her dorm, to her friends, to her career. This break she had wanted for so long was more tiring and tough then she had expected. Switching on her phone, she saw the numbers of missed calls and messages everyone had sent her and she blinked in confusion. Why is everyone panicking? I did tell them I’m going back, didn’t I?

The message she had sent to tell them her whereabouts didn’t get through to them, most probably due to a technical glitch, causing all these trouble in the first place.

After asking a shop owner for Junhyung’s phone number, he called him that day and told him Hara’s with him. With a smile he handed the phone over to Hara and she picked it up curiously.

“Hara, is that you? Where have you been?” the anxious voice at the other end of the line makes her smile.

“I’m fine Junhyung. I went to my parents’ house and stayed there.”

Taking the phone from her, he urged Hara to go to sleep and whispered into the phone

“Hand Ji Eun over to me and I will return Hara to you.”